September 2, 2014 | 1867 users online

Blush - Chanel - Les Tissages de Chanel - Blush Duo Tweed Effect in Tweed Brun Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a complete whim at the airport duty-free before boarding a flight. I was very deeply tanned then and the blush was actually lighter than my natural cheek colour, but I bought it anyway. I'm back to my natural colour, NC30, and it is now my favourite blush and I prefer it over countless other JC blushes I own. I have warm undertones and it leaves a beautiful natural blushed peach effect on my skin, without no overtly brown or pink tones. It is not heavily pigmented, just the perfect amount, and the texture is very fine, so it is great for people who are usually heavy-handed with their blush application, unlike Nars, Tom Ford or Sleek. It is fantastically buildable and layerable. The product itself is exquisite to look at when you first open it, with delicate gold overspray striking through the tweed texture. I find the little brush very useful and carry no other blush brush with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by abfabjeanius

This is one of the new tweed blushes for Holiday 2011. As the color implies, it is a "brown-rose" color. On me, it shows up as a warm pink with a hint of brown - overall a neutral color that brightens the face a bit while adding some dimension. It works well with neutral makeup, or a brighter palette, without clashing. On the initial use, there is some shimmer due to the gold shine overlay, but once that layer is gone, there is no more shimmer. It blends well into the skin and looks natural, and, as with all Chanel blushes, is quite long-lasting.

For reference, I am MAC NC20/Chanel B20 in skintone, with dark hair and eyes. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tweed Brun Rose (70) is the new addition to the Les Tissages de Chanel line for the Holiday 2011 collection.

It's a peach-ish brown with a hint of coral-pink on me (NC 20-25). I like that it's not such an obvious blush look and more of a hybrid between a blush and a contouring shade. It can be used in so many ways to create different looks, I think it goes with so many lip colours. I've tried it with corals and reds and they all look harmonious.

This is also less shimmery than most Joues Constraste blushes, so it looks more like a natural glow than shimmery blush despite the glitter and shimmer in the pan.

It's virtually impossible to over do this blush unlike some other brands' blushes and it really looks very natural. Just to add a bit of dimension to my face when I wear foundation.

Doesn't oxidise/turn orange or change colour as the day goes on and it doesn't disappear either. It stays put.

The brush that comes with this also wins the Joues Constrate one. This brush is denser and feels less filmsy. It works ok with the blush, I don't think I would need to bring an additional blush brush for vacation because this one works fine.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No