Chloe Love, Chlo - Eau Intense

4.2

on 7/3/2015 1:05:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I purchased a 1oz bottle in high summer and found it rather too powerful. Six months later, in cold and rainy weather Love Chloe Intense is in its element (s) It's rich and aristocratic, a bit highbrow and it doesn't know how to have fun; Love Chloe Intense takes itself very seriously, it's uptight and thorough, .....man, is she Intense. Definitely a hard working lawyer type with winning on her mind. It's a very very good perfume, nicely crafted, I think the materials are the upper end of the commercial scale. That's my opinion. Longevity and silage are moderate to generous. For lovers of Narciso for Her, Prada Infusion D'Iris Absolu, L'Heure Bleu and even Chanel No 5 EDP. I can't wear this perfume early in the day and I certainly wouldn't refresh it in a confined space or a dining area, but if I was in an art gallery, looking at jewellery, at a sophisticated wine bar or better yet, in a convertible Love Chloe Intense would be part of my projecting persona. Uptown (uptight) Girl.

on 3/25/2014 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Compare to Chloe Love EDP, this is definitely stronger. Chloe Love EDP has been my HG fragrance for more than a year now and there's always a place in my heart for it. I wanted to try this one and I did, and the first thinking was "no,no,no". It's just too strong for me, don't have any of the powdery in Chloe Love EDP, too sweet but at the same time, as I said, too strong. I guess it kinda suit for older woman, cause my dad smelled it and bough it straight away for my mom and she actually love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Comparing it to the original Chloe Love EDP I find the Intense version less overwhelming than EDP. What I wanted to reduce in EDP is sillage which is monsterous and too much of soapiness. Intense smells deeper, sweeter, less soapy and flows around the skin right from the beginning although I can't claim there's no sillage at all. On the contrary it is translucent but quite persuasive. I'd say to all who wants to choose between EDP and Intense that if you are after the same as me (less into your face scent but with a beautiful translucent sillage) go for Intense.

on 9/26/2012 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

im usually into oriental, musky, vanilla kinda fragrances.. all my self-purchased fragrances are all about the sexy & mysterious. but when Chloe Love popped into the scene a few years back, i thought i might make that floral transgression. still, it ain't totally 'me', so I couldn't bring myself to buy it. This Chloe Love Intense is just the right answer to my bewilderment. It is a Love at first sniff! All the loveliness of Love, rebirth with a dark edge, presented in its dark brown liquid like a love potion of vintage rum. When i finally bought it, it stayed on me like omg mfeo. so lovely, i wear it all the time day & night.

on 7/29/2012 3:30:00 AM

I love this. It has great lasting power, and I only need a couple of sprays.

On me it starts floral, ends up powdery and with just a bit of vanilla. It is suitable for daywear.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

....I wish all flankers were this good!
This new take of the original Love, Chlo is absolutely enticing.
First and foremost, I loved the original. But as I sniffed first time this Eau Intense I knew immediately it would have grown on me even more that its predecessor.
Starts off w/ the Love, Chlo notes - fresh orange blossom and pepper, and then ventures into the florals with Lilac, Hyacinth, Wisteria, Heliotropine, all made deeper by some woods.
However, this is a powdery fragrance, and, while being very similar to the original, it has been enriched with Peru balm and vanilla absolute for a more ambry, oriental effect. Indeed, to me this is a "powderiental" - if I may call it so! The drydown is drop dead gorgeous: deep, warm and cosy.
Juice is darker /ambery (whitle the original was powder pink). Bottle remains the same.
Perfumers: Louise Turner and Nathalie Cetto-Gracia, Givaudan.
In a nustshell: Love, Chlo Eau Intense is deeper, has a greater sillage and it is a must try if you like orientals with a modern twist.
Very wearable even for daywear, it is classy, refined and very sophisticated. FB worth!!!
____________________