August 22, 2014 | 1101 users online

Fragrances - Lolita Lempicka - Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by stls

I must admit I've always wanted one of those festive Lolita Lempicka Limited Editions in my collection, they look so promising and eye catching so when I found this one didn't hesitate to get it unsniffed.

The opening is pure licorice full force, as it dries down fades quietly and the resins become more prominent with a slight tinge of powdery vanilla but I don't get any jasmine personally.

This version seems deeper, more serious and grounded because of the absence of the pineapple/ivy in the opening and the vetiver, less sweet - the vanilla and benzoin are subtle - and less floral; no violets as well. But also far less complex/ multidimensional, vibrant, intricate and quirky than the original. It's equally long lasting but the sillage is lower.

I can see how it can be easier to wear since the tricky notes have been removed (no star anise, ivy, cherries or praline either) but what's left is ''licorice with something extra'' honestly.

I like licorice personally so it's no wonder I like this version as well and the bottle is a thing of enchanting beauty but the original is still my favorite -and signature- perfume.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does not smell exactly like Lolita Lempicka. Minuit is heavier on the vanilla but I still smell the licorice, just not as much. I also smell Cola...like Coca Cola. It's warmer and heavier than Lolita which smells airy and powdery mixed with licorice, cherry, almond and herbal. I don't feel as"uplifted"when I spray Minuit as much as the original Lolita. I prefer the mystery of Lolita because it's so unusual. After all the time I have worn Lolita I still cannot put my finger on exactly what I smell.

Minuit lasts a full day, but it is not as mysterious as Lolita. It is a very classy scent and better suited for night time than Lolita which I feel comfortable wearing any time.

The bottle is cute. The leaves are made of plastic or maybe leather.

If you like a more herbal smell try Forbidden Flower or Lolita for a fragance that is unusual and slightly unidentifiable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I ordered this for my birthday. I almost missed out on this lovely addition to the Lempicka lineup. There is a slight difference to the other Lempicka fragrances. It does have a lot of the same ingredients but there is just something different about it that I cannot put my finger on. I like it! IMO this Midnight Couture Black does not last as long as some of the others, let's say the L. edition for instance but that may just be my nose is unable to catch the scent as easy. I still love the L. edition the most so far but I am very pleased to have this Midnight Couture Limited Edition. The bottle is a thing of beauty all in itself and the fragrance is unique to the others. It is a wonderful inviting scent which I would not think could offend even the most sensitive noses. Since the bottle is black, I think the perfume will last way longer holding onto it's unique qualities, as less light is able to enter the bottle. Great idea, wonderful perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by alyssa79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

god how i love this perfume. i basically have all the perfumes from the house of Lolita but this was my 1st limited edition. Definitely a difference between this one and the original. This is more dark, more smooth, and more creamy smelling if that makes sense. The original is more sparkling and effervescent with a bite to it. I am guaranteed a compliment no matter what when I wear it. The bottle is a showstopper and you can definitely pick it up for half the price online. I am seriously going to purchase all the other LE if I can get my hands on them and plan on each year now. I would almost say this is one of my faves out of 50+ bottles of perfumes (i'm obsessed with perfume)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm adding my enthusiastic 5 lippies to this scent. After reading the reviews here, I got a sample of this at Sephora. I love it. My kind of scent. It's darkish, sexy, very alluring and feminine. It's a grown up scent (that's 'grown up'; not 'old'), so if you prefer the girly, floral, eau de fruit punch variety, this is not for you. And yes, the bottle is divine.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by nicadele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I have this and the original LL. For me, smelling it on my skin reminds me of cream soda! With the violets and the powder I find this a strange conclusion. Speaking of violets and powder, this is how BLV Eau de Parfum II Bvlgari for women SHOULD HAVE smelled! This LL is the way to do violets and powder not like the BLV, which makes me feel like I should be crocheting dollies while rocking in a rocking chair... this LL is young, vibrant and sweet but with a complexity not often found in the usual young vanilla scents. It is sexy yet comfy, heady yet soft. This is my HG. So much so, that one night, I sprayed it on myself before going to bed, and now I can't sleep without it on! ...BUT this stuff is expensive! FYI - I purchased mine brand new and completely sealed on eBay for half the retail price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this limited edition bottle a few days ago and from what i can tell it is the same fragrance as the original. The smokey, dry, sweet smelling, dark frgrance it has always been so i guess i am just reviewing the bottle instead of the scent but that is okay i guess because the bottle deserves its own review. This new bottle is the best one they have come out with yet. Black bottle with black ivy twindling up towards the heavens. It makes me think of me being lost in a terrible dark forrest at night with thunder crashing all around. I suddenly come to a forbidding stone castle with the same black growing and curving up the cracks of the castle. All around the castle is a moat with a strange, sweet fragrance. You realize it is the perfume Lolita Lempica and you have unbeknowst to you you have stumbled on the castly that makes this magical elixir.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit is an oriental vanlla as described by Fragrantica.

The top note is licorice; middle notes are iris, jasmine and myrhh; base notes are benzoin and vanilla.

To me this is exactly like Lolita Lempicka edp but intense - as in concentrated version. I would pick this over the original for that reason.
It lasts for ages!!! On my scarf and clothes this was going strong for about three days and i'm sure that after five days the scent will still be there. If you like the original Lolita Lempicka edp but if it is shortlived on your skin then give this one a go. The dry down of Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit is more vanilla compared to the Lolita Lempicka edp.

I tried and sprayed out of excitement (quite a lot!) at Debenhams and House of Fraser. A 100ml bottle is selling for 60.

Last years limited edition Minuit Noir (2010) was apparently very different from all previous LEs. I have only tried Minuit Noir and the Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit of the Midnight range.

It is supposed to be very similar to the other Midnight collections esp Minuit 2008. I have read about Midnight version 2006 (not smelt this) and from the reviews for that it sounds just like how Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit smells to me!

These Midnight bottles are so similar it gets very confusing!!!

I'm very interested to read comparisons between Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit, Midnight 2006 (dark purple bottle with gold design) and L`Eau de Minuit Edition 2008 (dark purple bottle with red designs).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No