October 25, 2014 | 859 users online

Lips - Hard Candy - World Balmination Glossy Tinted Lip Balm

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I got this tinted lip balm in the shade Starfish. What can I say, it's just a regular lip balm with a cute packaging and many cons.
If you're expecting a solid color with these, you'll be dissapointed. It's a soft wash of color with the shine of a lip balm. Starfish is sort of a tangerine color and it looks like transparent balm on my lips; this product is exactly like Maybelline's BabyLips line. A little high priced for a lip balm but hey, at least it feels moisturizing (one lippie for that).

As for the packaging, oh my Lord. It's a punk rock type of print with a black background. Half the bullet of balm sticks out when you open it, and you can't fully put it down in the case for more protection. The cap is flimsy and slides off easily. I wouldn't carry this in a purse if I were you.

Final verdict: Boo!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by MogaDeer

I bought this at wal-mart for three dollars, and I'm actually fairly happy with it! I wasn't looking for anything with too much of a tint, so I bought it in "First frost" which is white in the tube, and colorless on lips.

As a balm,it works fairly well,I really like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by kikibutternut

I love, love, love this product! I got it in lovestruck at walmart for around $3, which to me is pretty cheap. It gives just the right amount of sheer colour. It only lasts about an hour or so for me and I do find myself picking some flakies off my lips, but its worth what I payed for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm ashamed, but I bought this mostly because of the cute packaging! When I tried it on for the first time, I really, really loved it. It made my lips look and feel very luscious and moist, with just a hint of color. But after I reapplied it after a little bit, I realized how truly disgusting a formula it is. It's greasy, slick, and doesn't stay on your lips to save its life. It came off even after about five minutes!! So not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hard Candy's World Balmination is a "glossy tinted lip balm that will leave your lips soft, moisturized, and looking flawless. The nourishing formula protects, repairs, and soothes with just the right touch of color". I got this lip balm in Hard Candy's "Ultimate Essentials" kit, it was the sole full sized product in the set. This tinted balm is available in 8 shades, I have Lovestruck, a light pink. Each World Balmintation Lip Balm contains 3.6g (.13oz) and sells for $3. Hard Candy is a former high end brand that is now sold exclusively at Walmart. Hard Candy products are made in America and are not tested on animals.
I'm not loving Lovestruck's packaging, honestly. The tube and cap are both made of clear, cheap plastic. The cap is already cracked quite a bit, and honestly I'm not even sure why. A black sticker with silver detailing wraps around the tube, but it doesn't really spice up the very plain, cheap packaging. The sticker does offer a bit of company info on the side though. Not only do I think World Balmination's packaging is boring, I don't think it protects the product very well either. A lot of product is exposed from the get go, at least 1/3 of the product is sticking out of the tube and can't be scrolled down any further. Not wise, Hard Candy. That's putting a third of the balm at risk for drying out, breaking off, or getting knicked when putting the cap back on. I definitely think that Hard Candy should consider repackaging these lip balms.
Lovestruck is a light, warm pink, quite similar in color to Maybelline's Baby Lips Lip Balm in Pink Punch. As pretty as it is in the tube, Lovestruck fails to deliver even a "touch of color". This balm goes on clear, it takes several layers to get even the slightest tint. Normally I wouldn't complain about a colorless lip balm, but this is marketed as a "tinted lip balm". This gloss does have a nice, subtle glossiness to it that makes my lips look healthy. Lovestruck has a light sugar cookie scent and flavor to it. This might be my favorite part of the product.
So World Balmination isn't a good choice if you're looking for color, but how good of a lip balm is it? It's a decent one, not anything outstanding, but nice. I wouldn't use World Balmination to treat dry, chapped lips, but I think this balm gives a nice amount of moisture and softness. I think this balm would be best used to prevent chapping. This lip balm is very light and comfortable to wear, however it's effects aren't very long lasting, I feel the need to reapply after just an hour.
Hard Candy's World Balmination is just ok. It definitely didn't impress me, but it doesn't suck. Honestly to me it seems like Hard Candy tried to create a similar product to Maybelline's Baby Lips and failed. World Balmination is nice for softening the lips but they don't really do much more than that for me. I can't speak for the seven other shades, but Lovestruck has zero pigmentation, very disappointing. I don't recommend Hard Candy's World Balminations, spend an extra dollar and buy a Baby Lips. I wouldn't repurchase this lip product but I do plan to finish it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by annkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It feels really balmy and slick going on but this dries out my lips so much. At the end of the day, I can pick off so much flakes off my lips. Gross but true

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I was browsing the aisles of Walmart...the usual...looking for a cheap beauty fix! I love the design and color of Hard Candy and decided to give a tinted lip balm a try! No idea why these are considered "tinted" because there's hardly any pigment, but this could just be the particular shade I got. "Miss Independent" looks like a medium purple in the tube and applies so sheer you can't tell that it's colored. Ugh! On the plus side, it's a nice lip balm that smells like creme brle and quite moisturizing. The packaging is iffy for me since the tube does not retract all the way, so the stick part is exposed and can break easily. I'd rather spend my $$ on a balm that's more travel friendly, and I'm afraid it will eventually break in my purse if I'm not super careful. Oh well, cheap mistake and average product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have these in "Good Girl" and "Starfish". Good Girl is a peachy pink nude with a hint of shimmer, and Starfish is a coral that is completely matte and glossy. I love both, however Good Girl has better color payoff. They both moisturize really well and smell and taste divine, like lemon sugar! It's faint, and not overpowering. The packaging is really cute, and each balm has a different image on the tube. My only issue is the fact that the balm doesn't roll all the way down, so you have to be careful opening and closing the cap. Other than that, these are one of my favorite drugstore balms. I hope to try Bridal Blush and Lovestruck soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by ReenOma

The colour payoff is very sheer but it's still moisturising. I didn't expect it to replace lipsticks so it's not a big deal.
However what I found really annoying is recapping the damn thing because it doesn't twist all the way down..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by jcdixon

I used this in Miss Independent (a plum color) and Fishnet (pink). The color is almost imperceptible, so these are not good if you want a lipstick replacement.I normally only use lip gloss so I like these because I don't like a lot of color on my lips. The packaging is very cute and the balm feels really good. These are a great option for me when I want to use something moisturizing and slightly glam but not full on glossy.