August 1, 2014 | 1271 users online

Toners - Kanebo - Dew Superior lotion concentrate II

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Don't go near the Kanebo counter unless you are prepared to part with lots of money. In this case, $85 for 150ml of toner. The name may say it is a "lotion," but that's the Japanese way of upselling. As if to reflect their superior hydrating properties, their toners are called lotions and their lotions are called emulsions. Does it mean this toner is as strong as other brands' lotions? I agree to a certain point. In the Dew Superior line, for both the toner ("lotion concentrate") and the lotion ("moisture concentrate"), you have a choice between type I, which is for oily or combination skin, and type II, which is for normal or dry skin. I use type II as I have dry skin. This looks and applies like a watery lotion and is one of the most moisturizing toners I have come across, but while it preps the skin for serums and creams it cannot replace them. A full pump is good for one use, and a bottle lasts about four months, though towards the end the smell of alcohol becomes quite potent. It is my favorite item from the Dew Superior line, and I have used the cleanser (quite good), moisture concentrate (average), eye cream (sub-par), and makeup remover. I'd save this for the dryer time of the year--in the summer, you won't see that much of a difference using this.