April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Powder - Burberry - sheer luminous compact foundation (powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by swishahouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail powder. I wear Trench 1 and am an NC15 in MAC. I use this to set my liquid foundation and it just finishes it beautifully without looking cakey or heavy. The only thing I hate is that it seems Burberry is reformulating or changing packaging and this product is no where to be found and I'm hitting pan on my 4th powder of these that I've boughten. Please Burberry hurry up and release these again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

I love this product! The packaging is beautiful and classic. The product is super light and covers well. Note: I do use this as a setting powder of sorts over my foundation. It lasts fairly long and is pretty good for those with normal to combination oily skin. I hardly feel it and it is not heavy at all. There are two things that I don't like about this product - is that there is quite a bit of "fallout" whenever you dust your brush over the pan and for the price that you pay for the product (approx. $55 cdn), I expected a better brush applicator in the pan (like Hourglass). This product did not oxidize on my skin, now did it break it out, even though there is a light fragrance that disappears shortly after.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have dry skin so it's difficult to find powder foundations that wont end up looking like a powder foundation on my skin. This one is an exception. It comes in very fair shades and also provides a good amount of coverage. I use this as a setting powder and to add more coverage to my foundation. It helps my makeup last all day and I use the smallest amount ever so I'm sure it's going to last forever. I also use this on my eyes to highlight under the brow and inner corners. Packaging is awesome like all burberry products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This compact is a mini architectural marvel in itself: colored in black nickle, it shows Burberry's signature plaid on the top exterior. Like all Burberry makeup, the case has a secure magnetic closure, and opens up to three vertical layers: a mirror, the powder foundation, and a sponge. For people who dislike the side-by-side placement of powder and sponge and are looking to conserve space, this is pretty neat. Burberry says this foundation can be applied wet (in fact, the bottom of the case is cut through to allow the sponge to dry), but I am too satisfied with the effect of using a dry brush to attempt anything else. I think that on dry skin, powder foundation still looks more obvious than liquid foundation, but this works wonderfully with a light hand. I like to use this on top of tinted moisturizer or as a touch-up. The coverage is buildable, the finish is natural, and the oil control is excellent. The high quality of the powder really shows itself when applied on the nose--looks even less noticeable than translucent powder. $55 will get you 8g of product. My color is Trench 04 and it is a tad darker than what I am used to (I'm Asian and use "porcelain" in Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer), but close enough. (01 is extremely light, 02 is pink-toned, 03 is yellow-toned but somehow looks darker than 04, 05 is also yellow-toned.)

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No