August 29, 2014 | 1309 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Shu Uemura - UV Underbase Mousse SPF 30+

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by doremi27

It feels very light on face, but it doesn't provide much coverage. To fully cover up your blemishes, this product cannot do it alone, you have to use another foundation over it.
I'm not sure I'm going to repurchase this product considering the price is quite expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by lisalalas

I have sensitive, oily/dry combination, acne-prone skin. It does mattify well, but it may be more useful for people with extremely oily skin. On me, it makes my skin look too dry although I have oily skin myself (not extremely oily, I'm a one blotting paper type, if there is such a thing lol). I use it with the Shu Uemura Lightbulb Foundation and it lasts about 6 hours or so before the oil starts to break through.

After a few uses I found it clogged my pores and gave me little milia like bumps. The shade is also a tad too pale for me. Won't be repurchasing this, but it does control oiliness.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by myblackdog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since this has apparently been discontinued, there doesn't seem to be much of a point to this.. but here goes.

My skin "conditions: older skin, large pores, still some oiliness around nose. Powder foundations now have begun to make me look a little crepey; Liquid foundations are too much, unless going for a full-on made up look. The sunscreens I use leave me "dewey" - which translates into highlighting larger pores.

I really, really find this stuff useful - to the point of using it everyday. I use it alone over just eye creme, or over that and sunscreen. It makes my skin appear drier in a positive way - but it wouldn't be for those with extremely dry skin. It minimizes some discoloration ( not to a great degree). No unwanted gleams - and allows me to apply blush, and/or a small bit of powder , so that they do not stick or streak, and do stay on through the day. I think it looks good out-of doors, a big plus.

Shu gave some warning about stopping production, so I already purchased 2 more cans( they are little aerosol cans of mousse).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by dreamfantasy

I absolutely love this product as a base/foundation kind of thing! It's very light when you touch it after application, the coverage is good, it leaves me with REALLY smooth skin, it covers blemishes and evens out my skin tone like a great product should! I don't usually use this unless it's a super important occasions so the amount of product in there has lasted me for about 6 months so far and I've got a bunch left hopefully. The only downside is the price (I got this as part of a huuge shu uemura birthday gift teehee) so yes I would buy it again

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by stace06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product - being in mousse form and coming from a pump, it's super easy to apply and it does not cake or ball up and it does everything that it advertises. My makeup stays on longer, my oily T zone is controlled - shine free after 8 hours and it's light to have on my skin.

BUT alas :o( it also breaks me out every - single - time I wear it. I have experimented with it so many times over a 12 month period but after every use, new pimples would form.

If you don't have acne prone skin like mine, perhaps it could be wonderful.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been lemming this for a long time, because of the many positive reviews I saw for it, and finally last week I decided to splurge and buy it.
Well, I'm underwhelmed. I do like the concept of a foam primer that can be pumped out of a can, but that's pretty much the only neat feature of this primer.
It felt good and silky immediately after I applied it and foundation went normally over it and looked ok for maybe 30 min, but then it just didn't look right anymore, hard to describe, but my face just didn't look smooth.
Also, it made me oily, and blotting left me patchy looking, which usually never happens.
Not the type of performance you'd expect from such an expensive product.
I may try to use it again in the wintertime, when I'm drier, but it's definitely not even close to what I was expecting based on the glowing reviews :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Summer55

I registered this account just to write review for this UV Underbase Mousse. Honesty,I've never used a single cosmetic that makes my skin this dry, I have to agree with sisika, I also saw white stuff start peeling off from my face, I'm not sure if it's my own dead skin or the product, but it does feel like it sucks all the moisture out of my face, I feel so bad for my poor face that I have to apply another layer of moisturiser on top of this product.
huge regret on buying this!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by windshadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The pump can be annoying to use, always dispensing too much.It primes decently and covers alright. But for the price, I'm not sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the protective SPF and my goodness, the packaging is absolutely beautiful (I got one from the Mon Shu doll collection and then this year's spring Sakura collection)! However, I keep making the same mistake wherein the shade isn't right (it makes my skintone look darker) and when you pump it, a bit too much of the product comes out. I think I'll stick to Shu's other products instead of this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by seirianseirian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I personally don't understand how anyone can not like this primer? It's my HG primer and I have tried them all believe me! I guess it's personal preference and I have pretty normal skin with redness therefor always looking for a full coverage last all day matte kind of look. If your looking for something light this probably isn't for you nor does it leave your skin looking dewy or natural but is perfect for me! To clarify if your looking for a matte long lasting colour correcting primer then you will love this. It is a little expensive but I have been using this everyday for almost 4 months now and shows no signs of ending. A small amount goes a long way!