April 17, 2014 | 988 users online

Gels/Soaps - Desert Essence - Fragrance Free Body Wash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Leave it to my weird skin to have issues with this fragrance-free, sulfate-free body wash. I had previously been using Aveeno's Skin Relief Body Wash when I decided to try this after I ran out. I thought my skin couldn't possibly have a problem with it, and I liked that this didn't contain SLS like the Aveeno does. I did love the way it lathered up and how clean it made my skin feel! It didn't feel stripped at all over overly moisturized; it just felt like normal skin! Unfortunately, for whatever reason, it made me itch like crazy. My legs were itchy, my back was itchy... I don't know what it was in this that caused the reaction because my skin isn't normally THAT sensitive. I might try it again in a month or so to see if the same thing happens. (Oddly enough, my skin LOVES the Aveeno which contains SLS, but has a problem with this one. Go figure.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by youampersandme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this body wash! No added fragrances, colorants, lauryl/laureth sulfates, parabens, glycol, or petroleum-based ingredients! It lathers nicely, rinses well, and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight. I find it to be completely non-irritating -- I even use this on my face in the shower and it works wonderfully (never tried it while wearing makeup, though).
I like to use body washes as shampoo (or vice versa) when possible and this works well on my highlighted hair with dry mid-length and ends. I wash my hair two or three times per week and this removes dirt and excess oil without stripping. It isn't at all drying for my scalp (which is oily, but experiences dryness and flakiness with many shampoos).
All for less than 5 USD after buying on sale? Amazing. Never want to be without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by TG83

Amazing for my eczema prone skin. Lathers well, no fragrance, no parabens and gluten free. It does have a plastic like smell due to the container but one it is rinsed off you don't smell it. I really love this. I will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this body wash. Because it is fragrance free, it doesn't irritate my or my husband's sensitive skin. It lathers well, cleans well, and rinses cleanly without leaving a film or a dry feeling. I love the squeeze tube packaging. And I can buy it at discount from Lucky Vitamin or Vitacost.

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Green Tea Leaf Extract*, Coco-Glucoside, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin*, Jojoba Seed Oil*, Yucca Cactus Root Extract*, Comfrey Leaf Extract*, Nettle Leaf Extract*, Sea Kelp Extract*, Willow Bark Extract*, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate. *Certified Organic continued >>