Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Cupcake

3.8

on 3/11/2015 1:42:00 PM

I love these lip butter they are great for all seasons the lip butters keep your lips hydrated. Ive bought mine at shoppers drug Mart they were on sale for 4.99 which is a great deal for these lip butters. They are true to their colours. I would by them again❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

on 9/8/2014 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm such a sucker for light pink lip colours! Cupcake is one of my favourites. It's a pretty pink with a cool undertone that brightens your face. Not all light pinks are wearable but this one is. It looks delicious on my warm NC30-35 skin! I like how you can use a light hand to apply a sheer coat or build the brightness to make it opaque. Personally, if I apply too much, I look a little 80s.

I also found if you want a more barbie soft pink colour, you can apply this over a little bit of concealer then it really looks cupcakey!

The consistency is buttery smooth and it's neat that it's fairly pigmented and lasting but still moisturizing. I do have to reapply so the tube doesn't last too long. But overall, I find myself reaching for this very often!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm a lipstick junkie, I have about 10 lipsticks and this is one of my favorites. It's a light cool pink that goes well with my very pale skin, I like the buttery feel and it has little to no scent. Even my boyfriend was impressed when I was wearing this, Its not drying like some lipsticks and it last's all day. I would repurchase this again.

on 6/27/2014 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this about 2 weeks ago, and I bet I have already used half the tube! 90% of my lipsticks are pink, and I have A LOT of lipsticks... I am far from a lipstick amateur and I will say this one easily tops my list of favorites :) Perfect smooth creamy consistency, almost like a balm but with a nice amount of color. You can swipe it on lightly for natural glow-y kissable lips, and you can also layer on a bunch for more intensity and nice sheer color. Either way it's lovely and also idiot proof and can be quickly applied without a mirror or brush. This lipstick doesn't last very long though, and needs to be reapplied regularly to maintain my ideal look, but I guess every rose has its thorn. As far as I can tell it is odorless and doesn't taste like anything, which I like. I got it on sale for only $5.99, wish I bought more of them (this color and also other shades) but I gladly would, and will, pay full price for this product any day!

on 5/28/2014 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like the soft feel of the Revlon lip butters. They have a good dose of color too. This shade is a cool toned light pink. It is very pale.too light on me. It tones down my pigmented lips but more like 80's. It probably would look too drastic on dark skin tones and very warm toned people .It's a pretty pale Barbie pink. I mostly use mlbb shades so won't repurchase.

on 4/28/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The product itself is great, the texture is wonderful. It's sheer and shiny. The color really didn't work for me though as much as I tried to convince myself otherwise. I wore it at least 20 times before throwing it away, I really gave it a go. I am learning about what colors work on me and I think that was too cool, had a bluish undertone for sure.

on 3/5/2014 8:47:00 AM

The product in the tube look really beautiful but after I apply I think it looks sooo weird.
And it makes me look sooo tired (maybe bcoz my dark circle eyes look more visible).
But it looks better if I apply after other opaque pink lipstick.

on 1/24/2014 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this lip butter nd the color but my only concern is that there is not a lot of product nd it's gone pretty fast . I haven't really been using it like I want to because it doesn't last

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This would score a 2 is used as a lipstick alone. I prefer wearing it as a blush, as it creates this light cool pink dewy glow that is very subtle, except for 1 time when I over applied. I do not like it as much worn as a lipstick. It is too transparent to wear over my naturally pigmented lips and not look "off" or "strange" - at least in person. I prefer the color Pink Lemonade in this line for a pink-nude look, which is a yellow-based pink rather than the extreme cool tones of Cupcake.

on 1/16/2014 4:04:00 PM

Gorgeous color, its a frosty pink. I have some transference on my coffee cup, needs some touch ups during the day but all in all a really great product.