Colorbar - Full Finish Long Wear Lipstick

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Like the previous reviewer, I've also been under the impression that Colorbar is a cheap quality brand of lipstick. It didn't help that I bought it at Big Bazaar, a low priced Indian supermarket, but I just fell in love with this shade Oh My Magenta, a hot pink. This colour is a highly pigmented shocking pink - not really magenta - but a pretty colour nonetheless. I barely needed one swipe to deposit rich colour on my lips. Surprisingly, it was not as drying as I thought it would be and it has great staying power. It actually looks better as it wears off and leaves a stain and makes my lips look really full. It also maintains its shape in this hot humid climate that I live in. I was pleasantly surprised!

on 10/31/2011 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have not been much of a fan of Colorbar as I have always found their makeup to be of rather cheap quality. However, I decided to give this new lipstick a try, to see if the brand's makeup had improved since I last used it (years ago) and also to expand MUA's review database of Indian brands. :) I like the packaging, it is quite sleek looking, although not nearly as nice as the packaging of higher end drugstore brands like Revlon, L'Oreal or Lakme. I also quite liked the shade I chose (En Vogue, a pink-toned brown) although all the shades in this range are quite generic browns of various tones, ranging from rosy to plummy. However, what disappointed me about this lipstick was the staying power, which was terrible, especially for what is supposed to be a long wear lipstick. If you attempt to eat or drink or even talk much while wearing this lipstick, you will need to reapply within an hour or so which is a problem (for me anyway.) Overall I found this to be a generic, easily replaceable lipstick with poor staying power. I would pass on it.

Popular Lipsticks