August 28, 2014 | 1126 users online

Lipstick - Collection 2000 - Lasting Colour Lipstick in Birthday Suit

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by hotmetalchicky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted this shade so much, I spent ages looking everywhere for it. When I eventually managed to buy it and get it home I couldn't believe just how light this lipstick is! On my medium pigmented lips, it comes across as an off white shade, completely unwearable alone. It is so unflattering, I can only imagine it could work with the palest of skintones, even that I find doubtful. It doesn't feel uncomfortable on the lips and it didn't highlight too many flaws. It has a satin finish, but it does look chalky.
Although I find this shade completely unwearable alone, it works wonders to tone down a shade that is too dark or bright. I usually would use my white lip tar or pout polish for this but this is quicker, as I don't have to get the lip brush out and the fact it isn't a stark white gives a softer tonal change. As it is marketed as a lipstick, it has lost some points. As a shade-changer though, this is brilliant and well worth picking up, especially if you have a lot of shades that you find aren't quite right.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this lipstick on a whim. For some reason I was drawn to the extremely pale pink shade. I have no idea when or where I'll where it! But I had to have it! Oops. It highlights every flake and flaw in my lips, so I'll have to exfoliate and balm them up good if I ever wear it out.

I think if I mute out my natural lip colour before applying it, and then pair it up with a more complimentary gloss I may be able to get away with it. I'll have to try it with a smokey eye.

If that doesn't work I think I'll use it to mix with lipsticks that I find too dark. Still, for the price I couldn't say no.