Collection 2000 Lasting Colour Lipstick in Birthday Suit

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I wanted this shade so much, I spent ages looking everywhere for it. When I eventually managed to buy it and get it home I couldn't believe just how light this lipstick is! On my medium pigmented lips, it comes across as an off white shade, completely unwearable alone. It is so unflattering, I can only imagine it could work with the palest of skintones, even that I find doubtful. It doesn't feel uncomfortable on the lips and it didn't highlight too many flaws. It has a satin finish, but it does look chalky.
Although I find this shade completely unwearable alone, it works wonders to tone down a shade that is too dark or bright. I usually would use my white lip tar or pout polish for this but this is quicker, as I don't have to get the lip brush out and the fact it isn't a stark white gives a softer tonal change. As it is marketed as a lipstick, it has lost some points. As a shade-changer though, this is brilliant and well worth picking up, especially if you have a lot of shades that you find aren't quite right.