January 31, 2015 | 980 users online

Eyeliner - NYX - Slide On Pencil - ALL

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2015 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ada18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the specific shade Platinum. It is an icy whitish silver color with lots of shimmer and glitter. The pencil applies very smoothly, but to get a good color payoff, you need to apply two or three coats. However, with this shade specifically I found that you cannot apply it over itself otherwise it gets cakey and patchy. I also found that once applied it does not budge, which is a good thing in theory, but with this type of shade I was hoping for the ability to blend. I may have bought a dud in that it may of been older and dried out. It also seems to sharpen weird in comparison to my other pencils, not a smooth result. For the price it's not too bad of a pencil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2015 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love them - These Glide on liners by NXY are so affordable and really do just glide on like they say. These pencils are really soft and apply creamily with no drag at all.

I especially love Pink Suede and Pretty Violet - these two are pretty paired with a pink, mauve, purple, gold or neutral eye look. I love Pink Suede as a Lower Liner and Pretty Violet for both. They easily do last on all day and look great too when set with an eye shadow over the top.

Because they are so soft they do need sharpening often, these two are easy to sharpen and the pencil has stayed intact. My Golden Bronze one Iv'e had for longer and the more its been sharpened the colour has come loose and slides in and out of the pencil, though pushed back in is still use able and can be sharpened still. For the price I really can't complain and would purchase more of these.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by bekahc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Overall--this eyeliner is da bomb. I have it in Brown Perfection and it has become my staple eyeliner. (It's currently down to about two inches of pencil left and I'm still using it. Need to get to Ulta before it disappears....) It really does "slide on", and it stays on like no other eyeliner I've used, ever. That's pretty darn magical. I've worn it for 24+ hours before, and it just stays there on my eyelids while I go about with my otherwise-mess-of-a-face. Truly fab. My only complaint is that the tip is so soft that it de-sharpens itself quite easily, meaning I have to sharpen it a lot to achieve the really thin line that I like. But I have the NYX sharpener, which is perfect, so I can deal. For the price, I don't think you can do better than this here fella. ALL HAIL NYX.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by fairbrownblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love these! They do all the things the ratings say: glide on, stay on, don't smudge. About 10 years ago I converted to Revlon Colorstay liquid eye pen and it became my HG. After discovering NYX and glide on eyeliners I tried my first in gunmetal gray. I dropped Revlon pen almost immediately and went out to purchase NYX Slide on Pencil in both brown and black. I only wish they had a deep navy blue...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by bigbeautifuldarkbrowneyes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this eye liner in the purple shade tonight and I now have to return it tomorrow because I tried to sharpen it with three different drug store sharpeners and it was very difficult to sharpen and it ate up some of the pencil and broke the point off! It's a waste of the product and the money! So people on any make up review sites that say it's difficult to sharpen are so right!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have repurchased these pencils at least a dozen times. Let's face it. I got really sick of shelling out so much money for urban decay liners. I love love love them.. but after sharpening I felt like I went through them way too fast. I decided these Slide On pencils were meant to be a dupe for the Glide On pencils so I gave them a try. These work great. They are soft enough to not tug on my skin at all. Yet the aren't so soft that smudges are everywhere. I have a tendancy of touching under the outside corner of my eyes. I used Milani's eye pencil before and I was literally wiping it across the side of my face without even realizing it. These don't budge. I think the color selection is great and the quality is wonderful. Don't pay for expensive liners.. these are great. I use them in my waterline every day and I have no problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Lorreid

NYX SLIDE ON doesn't...SLIDE OFF, WINNER!

I'm very picky about "smudge proof" and water proof claims, simply because most really don't live up to the claims OR become a pain to remove.

NYX Slide On Pencil really is smudge proof and the texture is sooooo soft and gentle. Upon immediate application I thought "omg it's too soft it's going to rub off" I was very wrong! :)

If I knew better I would've bought this in every colour I saw and hand out as gifts lol

P.S. it sharpens very well without wasting the pencil...and my pencil sharpener sucks

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by rowanj13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this liner in Brown Perfection for my 'everyday face' for a while now. The colour is great; a nice alternative for anyone who wants something a little more subtle than black to wear to the office or on more natural days. It is smooth and creamy which is great for a drugstore liner, but because it's so soft I have to sharpen it before almost every use so my pencil is getting used up faster than I'd like! That's really the only con... I probably will purchase this again in the future, but not likely right away as I'd like to try and find something that wet get used up so quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Hilbean

Some of my favorite liners. Tons of fun colors to play with! They are always creamy and smooth, the color is always intense, and the last all day, even in the water line. I want the whole rainbow in these liners! My only gripe is having the sharpen them, but the quality of the product far outweighs that.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by fabulousgalz4ever

I bought the brow perfection eye pencil on sale for $5 at ulta beauty. While the pencil does glide smoothly and doesnt tug on my eyelids, it is prone to smudging on the waterline in 3 hours. I look like I have panda eyes on the bottom of my eyes. It gets 3 stars for creamy texture and good selection of colors. Overall, I only recommend it to ppl who want an on-the-go basic eyeliner who do not waterline their eyes. It is definitely not a dupe for urban decay eyeliners. There are way better eyeliners that are cheaper than this nyx glide on pencil (retails for $10 at most drugstores), like the loreal infallible gel liner(cheaper) or stilas eyeliner(a tad bit pricey, but worth it for eyeliner addicts).