April 19, 2014 | 1895 users online

Pressed Powders - Estee Lauder - Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

This is very expensive (31USD), but worth every penny. I have had my compact for over a year and I'm barely half way though it. It makes matte foundation look 'skin-like', and makes it last all day without budging. My HG setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this to go with the Lucidity foundation, which I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This seems to be good, but it might be the foundation that makes it seem that way?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

LOVE this powder! It's sheer and for the summer a necessary beautiful compact to have with me. Not that many shades to choose from but Medium works well. Doe NOT cake! it's an airbrushed look when used alone, which I do. I am soo happy I found this and the price is right. Compared to Mac Studio Fix? this is far more wearable and not cakey looking like the Mac...I'm a happy summer girl :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

love love love this powder.. I use it on top of the Lucidy Foundation and it gives a gorgeous light finish with a bit of radiance to the face.
I hate mask effect powders or glimmer and glitter effects. I leave that to the younger ladies.

will continue buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My aunt had this when I was a child. I used to steal it from her and use it! It is translucent..but I do not remember it being shimmery . It is not matte either. This compact has some luminizers in it which can be good or bad depending on what you want. It could help someone who wants to brighten their skin tone, but accentuate certain areas.The packaging is very elegant so that is good too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Sta1cee

This is an average powder. It's neither amazing nor terrible. I only bought it because at $12 a refill, it's quite affordable and I really wanted an Estee Lauder collectible compact.
PROS
~Doesn't oxidize
~Goes on smooth
~Doesn't look cakey
~Good for blotting
~Smell isn't that strong
CONS
~No lucid effect...quite average

Overall, I will probably keep buying this powder until I find something better. It's good setting and blotting powder but it doesn't control shine or any of that stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by applecore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this in translucent and while it is actually translucent (doesn't change color of brow corrector or blush), I don't feel it's "luminous" as Lauder claims. It wasn't that chalky but it seemed to just sit on top of my foundation and took away the natural look of my foundation (MUFE HD). I've been using MAC blot powder and feel like I can find better but this definitely isn't it. The fragrance was the biggest turnoff as it's very strong and lasts awhile. I try to limit how much fragrance my products have and this isn't worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by dennyinmi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As I've reached my 50's there are alot of problems I've had with finding powders that gave me a natural finish. Fine lines are beginning to set in, and the minerals lines have all but seemed to either be chalky or accentuate lines. Until this. After reading several reviews on another blog of woman in my age group I splurged abit and purchased this and it is by far the finest powder I have ever used. I think if I applied this correctly since its somewhat buildable I could even use this as a foundation, yet its' sheer enough over a foundation and sets all day!!! NO creasing in lines, beautiful finish. Why are there companies out there these days producing finishes that believe the mature woman wants to "glow" like a sparkle glo-lite? You will LOVE this powder...what a pretty pretty finish!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ellysem

Love this powder! Looks amazing over my estee lauder double wear.
'Sets your foundation without making you look cakey or too over the top. Don't think it controls my oil as much as I would like but nothing seems to. Smells great aswell which is an added bonus :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Gymnaststar14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder looks so beautiful on me! It keeps the oils in my face at bay all day with NO touchups! I don't look completely matte with it on which I really like. I have naturally tanned skin so translucent powders usually look really weird and creepy because of the white cast they give me but this one does not! It sets my foundation beautifully and keeps it on all day too. Refills are also only $11!! I think I'm in love :-)