Aveeno Active Naturals Smart Essentials Daily Nourishing Moisturizer SPF 30

3.2

Avobenzone (3% Sunscreen), Homosalate (12% Sunscreen), Octisalate (5% Sunscreen), Octocrylene (1.7% Sunscreen), Oxybenzone (3% Sunscreen) Water, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Candelilla/Jojoba/Rice Bran Polyglyceryl 3 Esters, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Fragrance, Chlorphenesin, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Cellulose Gum, Sodium PCA, Urea, Cetyl Hydoxyethylcellulose, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Stearyl Lactylate, Artemisia Abrotanum Extract (Flower/Leaf/Stem), Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Ethylhexl Glycerin, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Polyquaternium 51, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid

on 7/11/2015 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I personally really liked this product.I have oily and acne- prone skin, and this doesn't break me out and it is oil free. It does have a bit of a dewy finish, but then again i don't like to go super matte since it looks unnatural. The stuff smells really nice and i like how the packaging had a pump which makes it easier for me to get the product. I got the product for about 12 bucks at Walmart which i think is definitely overpriced, so that is a downside. But all in all its a really great product.

on 4/30/2015 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is definitely one better suited to dry skin I think, it has quite a dewy finish. First off you get a decent amount of product, the moisturizer itself goes far as it's quite creamy and emollient. It has SPF30 with avobenzone (for proper UVA protection) and boasts multi-vitamins. These are in very small amounts unfortunately, lesser amounts than fragrance apparently according to the ingredients. But it does smell like jelly beans so that's nice. All and all it was a cheap purchase, it moisturizes well and provides good protection from the sun so I'm happy.

on 11/28/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love it. It really sinks into my skin, leaving it well moisturized without feeling sticky, greasy, or leaving a film-like texture behind. It also doesn't break me out which is always an issue for me.

on 10/15/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a really great moisturizer for a fair price. You pay about ten dollars or more for 2.5 fl. oz. and the moisturizer comes in a cylindrical bottle with a yellow cap. Aveeno is known for their "natural" aim, so it does look earthy. This product claims to be oil-free, hypoallergenic, and noncomedogenic. I do not have particularly sensitive skin, so I do not react to it. It is think and creamy and smells nice. It has never caused any acne problems and I appreciate that it is SPF 30 because a lot of daily moisturizers have low SPFs. Aveeno has other daily SPF moisturizers, but those are more expensive. I've used the other one in the beige bottle with the green cap, but it didn't smell very good. I prefer this one because the smell is bearable, but it is a rather sweet scent. It reminds me of a flower.I do not like that you don't know when the bottle will be out. I can't tell if it's heavy because of the weight of the packaging or the actual product inside the bottle. I bought this months and months ago, use it everyday, and I don't think I am even close to being done with it. You really don't need much to cover your entire face. I think that the SPF causes it to sometimes not work as well because I do have dry patches some days that cannot be fixed with this. I have to just add a mega moisturizer on top. Before applying makeup or primer, make sure that this feels dry on your face. If not, it might cause pilling, which is really annoying. All in all, this is a great moisturizer for the price.

on 8/16/2014 10:34:00 PM

My skin gets rather sensative and dry, so I ALWAYS have to use some sort of moisturizer before I put on makeup. My daily routine is to wash my face, pat it dry with a towel and within a few minutes put this moisturizer on. I understand that in order for sunscreen to be the most effective, a decent amount needs to be applied. However, when using this lotion, I make sure to use about half a pump otherwise it's overwhelming. I can see why some people said it was greasy, they may have been using too much.

After applying, I make sure I wait a few minutes before applying makeup. I'll usually get dressed or pluck my eyebrows, waiting for it to sink in.

Pros: Smell isn't overpowering
Very moisturizering
Travels nicely (i.e. doesn't explode everywhere)
Lasts for months
SPF 30

Cons:
A full pump provides too much product
A little pricey

I haven't had this product long enough to say if it's my holy grail. But I can give you the bad and good of this product.
PROS:
great moisturizer
it has an amazing smell that isn't overpowering
sunscreen SPF 30
gentle
CONS:
maybe a little too greasy
you have to wait awhile for it sink into your skin
not meant really for oily skin

I do like this lotion and it is apart of my skin routine. I've only had it for a week or two but I'm sure when the month is over I'll either love it or come to hate it. I probably will repurchase. Not sure yet. But it is a great product and I do recommend.

on 6/1/2014 12:48:00 AM

I have extremely sensitive skin, so much that creams/cleansers marked "for extra sensitive skin" still burned my face. My mom and I spent a lot of money buying high end extremely expensive creams for me and they did nothing, so I was happy when a "cheap" simple Aveeno spf 15 worked like a charm. After that bottle ran out, my dermatologist told me that my skin needs at least spf 30 protection at all times (spf 30 during winter and higher during summer). So I purchased this ultra calming moisturiser thinking it would work great but nope, it was horrible. First of all, what I don't understand is why would you put fragrance in any cream that goes on your face? Let alone one that is specifically formulate for sensitive skin. The smell was overwhelming, unpleasant and gave me a headache. The moisturiser itself burned my face but I persisted with using it for an entire month, the burning didn't stop and my eczema flared up (which is so mild no one except me even notices) where as with this product even my family start noticing my skin being patchy and red. I am very glad and surprised that it worked so well for others.

I thought this was the best moisturizer ever in the beginning. I received a small sample and loved how thick it was and it prevented my skin from getting really dry. It took me awhile to realize this was what was causing my horrible breakouts on my cheeks. I bought it on sale at Walmart for $9.99 but since I've switched back to Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer my skin has been amazing!

on 1/19/2014 12:28:00 PM

me and my finace love this. he wont try anything else.

on 12/1/2013 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this product for over a year now and I never thought much if this moisturizer until my local Target stopped carrying it. I used another Aveeno moisturizer product in its place and it wasn't until then that I realized I needed this particular moisturizer. This product made my skin glow and evened out my sink tone. The 7 weeks I went without using it brought on dry and irritated skin. I noticed the other reviews complained of the smell but I don't find that it bothers me. It is a little thick so the trick is to use just a little. And it has SPF 30 which is wonderful especially if you live in a climate where it's almost always sunny. Will continue to purchase.