October 23, 2014 | 1448 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garnier - Dark Spot Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Mutethecity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first, I didn't think this product would work. I have hyperpigmentation and acne scarring, and all other correcting product have failed me. But I'm glad that I gave this a shot. I paid $14 or $15 for 1.7 oz at Target, which is good considering that it was more effective than other dark spot correctors that are high end and more expensive, but that still does seem a bit steep for a drug store brand.

I didn't like the product at first. I had expected results much sooner and was displeased by its smell, so I stopped using it and put it away. A few months later I found it and decided to give it another shot, and found that I like it. The formula is like a serum; it's thin but not too thin, and absorbs onto the skin very easily. Because of its serum qualities, a little bit goes a very long way, and using too much can make me look oily. This goes away quite quickly. It is also very hydrating, and I'll also use it as a daily moisturizer sometimes. Usually I'll use it twice a day under a sunscreen. It took me about 2 to 3 weeks to see noticeable results. My acne scarring was definitely lighter.

Unfortunatey, I hate the packaging. I bought mine about a year ago, and it comes in a weird metal (alumimum?) tube that makes product somewhat difficult to squeeze out after it's about half empty. Maybe the newer ones have different or plastic packaging? Also, the product sometimes dries around and in the tip of the nozzle, into a weird, dark rubbery substance that I sometimes accidentally apply on my face. It's not a horrible con, but make sure to clean the tip after each use. Another really huge problem with this is the scent. It smells like plants, but is very chemical and artificial smelling. Almost like a bad, "nature-y" air freshener. When it dries, it has an odd metallic scent that is very offputting.

It's an okay product. I like and will continue to use it for the most part. It's nothing special, but it works. If I manage to find anything better, I probably wouldn't repurchase. But until there is an alternative, I'll probably get it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Veyvii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been using this consistently for 3 months without results and swapped to a high end moisturiser (Dior - for moisturising needs) then went back when that ran out and still nothing.

In terms of consistency, it's like a thin gel like and goes on light which I prefer since I'm on the oiler side. But it does leave a slight sticky feeling and does not moisturise at all. Packaging is ok since its in a tube so you can control the amount to disperse but I don't like anything in aluminium type tubes generally. Overall, I wouldn't mind all this if it did work as it claimed. It was a waste of time and money.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by natedac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for about 45 days now....twice daily and no noticeable lightening on spots. I apply it first and follow with 75 SPF. Too bad, wished it worked!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by nicolahllai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. I bought this in hopes of getting rid of my hyper pigmentation/acne scars, and it does so very well. It really lightens them up which is great! I would say if you are a person who is not big on scents not to try this as the scent is quite strong. I use this by applying it on the areas I need them at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Emilytyburski

I love this stuff! After continuously striking out on removing many mild acne scars, this product is already the most effective! After less than 2 weeks of use my scars have significantly faded, some close to disappearing! So far the product hasn't led to any breakouts (my face is prone) so I would recommend it to anyone trying to get rid of unwanted facial spots.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by MadelineB12

I used this about a year ago for my acne scars. At first, I'd use it at night and it made me break out a lot so I stopped using it. However when I ran out of moisturizer I started using it again, this time it moisturized really nicely and I didn't break out. I don't think my spots diminshed at all, so in that regard it didn't work but it was a really good night moisturiser.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by celorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is useless for me. I have been using it for six weeks on my only dark spot and see no change at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by sunshinejo1717

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because it received a fairly good rating from most of the reviews I've read. For me, however, it did not work. I have some sun spots on my cheeks, not too dark, and I have been using this product 2-3 times a day for the past 6 weeks and I have not seen a difference at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by christinequeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for about 2 weeks, and I've definitely noticed improvement with my skin. Although its not drastic, there is some change. Its alot smoother and hydrated for sure. I've noticed some lightened freckles. I expected it to help with some acne scarring I've had but I haven't noticed much of a change with that. If you're used to drug store finds, this product is probably on the more expensive side. Its like $15 for a pretty small tube. The smell is very good, and overall its a pretty decent product.
Pros:
effective
nice scent
Non-comedogenic/oil-free
Cons:
pricey
takes awhile for product to work

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by CaramelChicka

I've decided to write a review on this after using up a third of it. I think in order for this to work you have to apply generously and twice a day. It does work, but slowly. I bought it for like 14 CAD at walmart, and there is quite a generous amount of product so its a great price. If you have mild acne scars/freckles this will definentely work. However I think this product isn't good if you haven't already gotten rid of the existing acne. Anyways give it a try, and if I did run out of this, I would repurchase for sure. (Maybe the overnight peel next time)