July 25, 2014 | 943 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garnier - Dark Spot Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by MadelineB12

I used this about a year ago for my acne scars. At first, I'd use it at night and it made me break out a lot so I stopped using it. However when I ran out of moisturizer I started using it again, this time it moisturized really nicely and I didn't break out. I don't think my spots diminshed at all, so in that regard it didn't work but it was a really good night moisturiser.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by celorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is useless for me. I have been using it for six weeks on my only dark spot and see no change at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by sunshinejo1717

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because it received a fairly good rating from most of the reviews I've read. For me, however, it did not work. I have some sun spots on my cheeks, not too dark, and I have been using this product 2-3 times a day for the past 6 weeks and I have not seen a difference at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by christinequeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for about 2 weeks, and I've definitely noticed improvement with my skin. Although its not drastic, there is some change. Its alot smoother and hydrated for sure. I've noticed some lightened freckles. I expected it to help with some acne scarring I've had but I haven't noticed much of a change with that. If you're used to drug store finds, this product is probably on the more expensive side. Its like $15 for a pretty small tube. The smell is very good, and overall its a pretty decent product.
Pros:
effective
nice scent
Non-comedogenic/oil-free
Cons:
pricey
takes awhile for product to work

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by CaramelChicka

I've decided to write a review on this after using up a third of it. I think in order for this to work you have to apply generously and twice a day. It does work, but slowly. I bought it for like 14 CAD at walmart, and there is quite a generous amount of product so its a great price. If you have mild acne scars/freckles this will definentely work. However I think this product isn't good if you haven't already gotten rid of the existing acne. Anyways give it a try, and if I did run out of this, I would repurchase for sure. (Maybe the overnight peel next time)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by BonnieKim89

I was actually surprised that this worked! For the price it is a lot cheaper that other dark spot correcting treatments. It gave my skin a slight tingling feeling when I applied to my skin. I liked that it smelled like citrus fruit too. Although effects are not immediate, after a few days my skin cleared up and my acne scars and freckles lightened so much and disappeared. My skin is so much brighter now. I don't like the tube it comes in as it is hard to get the last few drops out. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Barbtarbox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really really like this product. Love the scent too. Using for a few weeks, I can now go without concealer most days.

I can't use it as a moisturizer, it's too "filmy", but I use it every night. I find I will break out if I lay it on too thick though.

I also noticed that it is very effective on bruises! I put it on two really bad bruises on my leg and they were gone almost overnight!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by pandagoth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't usually write reviews but here goes:

I'm 24 and I have a lot of freckles on my nose and cheeks. I decided to give this cream a go because it was a cheap alternative to laser treatments. The first thing I want to say is, YES, it does work, but it takes time. You need to apply this at least once a day for two week before you notice a difference. Secondly, if you have sensitive skin (like I do) don't apply it all over, just spot it on your age spots / freckles otherwise your skin may turn nasty.

I'm rather happy with the results I've noticed with this cream. I have a couple of raised freckles (not moles) but slightly raised freckles on my face and after using this treatment religiously for three weeks I've noticed the raised freckles are now completely flat and have lightened considerably.

I would recommend this to anyone with freckles or dark spots, but if you are looking for a quick fix this product is not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by dudeitspaulina

I have acne for years I am a light skinned latina and have had hyper pigmentation and brown spots because of my acne and I can say using this at day and night has lightened my dark spots about 80 percent in about 3 months.i used to have spots that were very pigmented on my chin and those are almost gone.you have to use this routinely everyday.you will see results!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by SanjediMasta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this for over a year now, repurchased many times usually on a 3 for 2 offer as I think the full price (~£9.99) is a bit steep. The main reason I think that is because it's not a special miracle product. It's labelled as a Dark Spot Corrector but the effects are veeeerrry slow but in my opinion it does work nonetheless; but again, very slowly.

I do like the product overall though because although it doesn't work quickly at doing what it says on the tin, what it does do for me is make my skin RADIANT and GLOWING. Over the last year I've noticed that when I don't use this my skin doesn't look as smooth and radiant. As soon as I go back to this my skin looks glowy again.

In winter and autumn/fall I mix this moisturiser with a heavier one because my skin is quite dry. In summer I mix it with something with SPF in it as this doesn't have any.