August 29, 2014 | 1851 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garnier - Dark Spot Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by nicolahllai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. I bought this in hopes of getting rid of my hyper pigmentation/acne scars, and it does so very well. It really lightens them up which is great! I would say if you are a person who is not big on scents not to try this as the scent is quite strong. I use this by applying it on the areas I need them at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Emilytyburski

I love this stuff! After continuously striking out on removing many mild acne scars, this product is already the most effective! After less than 2 weeks of use my scars have significantly faded, some close to disappearing! So far the product hasn't led to any breakouts (my face is prone) so I would recommend it to anyone trying to get rid of unwanted facial spots.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by MadelineB12

I used this about a year ago for my acne scars. At first, I'd use it at night and it made me break out a lot so I stopped using it. However when I ran out of moisturizer I started using it again, this time it moisturized really nicely and I didn't break out. I don't think my spots diminshed at all, so in that regard it didn't work but it was a really good night moisturiser.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by celorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is useless for me. I have been using it for six weeks on my only dark spot and see no change at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by sunshinejo1717

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because it received a fairly good rating from most of the reviews I've read. For me, however, it did not work. I have some sun spots on my cheeks, not too dark, and I have been using this product 2-3 times a day for the past 6 weeks and I have not seen a difference at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by christinequeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for about 2 weeks, and I've definitely noticed improvement with my skin. Although its not drastic, there is some change. Its alot smoother and hydrated for sure. I've noticed some lightened freckles. I expected it to help with some acne scarring I've had but I haven't noticed much of a change with that. If you're used to drug store finds, this product is probably on the more expensive side. Its like $15 for a pretty small tube. The smell is very good, and overall its a pretty decent product.
Pros:
effective
nice scent
Non-comedogenic/oil-free
Cons:
pricey
takes awhile for product to work

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by CaramelChicka

I've decided to write a review on this after using up a third of it. I think in order for this to work you have to apply generously and twice a day. It does work, but slowly. I bought it for like 14 CAD at walmart, and there is quite a generous amount of product so its a great price. If you have mild acne scars/freckles this will definentely work. However I think this product isn't good if you haven't already gotten rid of the existing acne. Anyways give it a try, and if I did run out of this, I would repurchase for sure. (Maybe the overnight peel next time)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by BonnieKim89

I was actually surprised that this worked! For the price it is a lot cheaper that other dark spot correcting treatments. It gave my skin a slight tingling feeling when I applied to my skin. I liked that it smelled like citrus fruit too. Although effects are not immediate, after a few days my skin cleared up and my acne scars and freckles lightened so much and disappeared. My skin is so much brighter now. I don't like the tube it comes in as it is hard to get the last few drops out. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Barbtarbox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really really like this product. Love the scent too. Using for a few weeks, I can now go without concealer most days.

I can't use it as a moisturizer, it's too "filmy", but I use it every night. I find I will break out if I lay it on too thick though.

I also noticed that it is very effective on bruises! I put it on two really bad bruises on my leg and they were gone almost overnight!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by pandagoth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't usually write reviews but here goes:

I'm 24 and I have a lot of freckles on my nose and cheeks. I decided to give this cream a go because it was a cheap alternative to laser treatments. The first thing I want to say is, YES, it does work, but it takes time. You need to apply this at least once a day for two week before you notice a difference. Secondly, if you have sensitive skin (like I do) don't apply it all over, just spot it on your age spots / freckles otherwise your skin may turn nasty.

I'm rather happy with the results I've noticed with this cream. I have a couple of raised freckles (not moles) but slightly raised freckles on my face and after using this treatment religiously for three weeks I've noticed the raised freckles are now completely flat and have lightened considerably.

I would recommend this to anyone with freckles or dark spots, but if you are looking for a quick fix this product is not for you.