Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

3.1

I'll start off by saying that I never have particularly good experiences with Maybelline mascaras, and this product is quite consistent with the past mascaras I have bought from the brand. For me, this was a fairly average product, verging on the side of poor. It cost about $4 for me on sale, regular price was about $7, so it is an inexpensive product. It comes in a cute yellow tube with some leopard print around the top.
I find the brush a little awkward to use. It is very skinny and curved, and is made out of the natural kind of bristles. The website promises " colossal lashes go fully feline in one stroke" with 8x the volume and "cat-like corners". I find that it does provide volume, but you have to be careful with how much you put on, because with only one stroke it does not do a lot for your lashes, but if you put on more than one coat, it will easily get clumpy and kind of crunchy looking. It flakes almost immediately after you put it on. It doesn't look terrible when on, but certainly nothing special.
I would not recommend this product or buy it again. While providing some volume, it does not come close to the 8x they claim, and is a bit difficult to work with. As for the "cat eyes" aspect, I don't think it looks any different at the corners than any other mascara.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Won't buy again. didn't really consider myself picky when it came to mascara but I guess I am? Don't like the way the brush made my lashes stick together. Spider legs. also felt as if it slipped off throughout the day.

on 2/3/2015 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First thing I noticed about this mascara was the smell! Very strong chemical plasticy smell. I have noticed a few other Maybelline mascaras with this smell including the limited great lash "doll eyes". So if you're sensitive to smell I'd skip this. The smell did dissipate after it dried but I still noticed it a little and being sensitive to smell myself, it bothered me....other than that, my first impression of this mascara is great! Went on really easy and created a lot of drama without much work. Just a couple coats and my eyelashes looked long, thick and " glamorous " I guess you could say. It lifted, curled and gave a defined look. It's such a shame it smells the way it does or I'd be in love❤

on 1/26/2015 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a surprisingly good mascara! I was curious what the heck cat eye LASHES would look like, so I gave this one a shot. The curved brush helped give my lashes a lift without using an eyelash curler. It did a great job of separating them. While it took a few coats to achieve an excellent look, it did not clump up at all. The formula is the perfect balance...not too wet and not too dry. It gives nice volume more than it does length. Its strength is more in the curl that it creates. It had an excellent wear time that lasted all day and night. It came off easily with soap and water or makeup remover wipes. This is an excellent mascara to have in your makeup arsenal. I will keep repurchasing this until they either discontinue it, or mess it up - I mean - reformulate it ;)

on 1/20/2015 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible! There's two ways to use this, you can use the inward side, witch will barley add any product to your lashes and just clump them, or you can use the outward side, witch will add too much product and make them to long and spidery. Believe me I've tried every way to use this mascara, but every time I use it I end up with messy, clumpy lashes. It'll make your lashes really long but clumpy too.

cute packaging and great product. I love to use two or three different Maybelline mascaras. can't lose but a little $$$ for drugstore.. add me chanel luxe on fb. and missalmita55 on instagram.

on 1/15/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

A new favorite! I gave this a try after being very disappointed with Chanel Le Volume. I was a little skeptical because the brush looked somewhat wimpy, but lo and behold, it really separates each lash and holds curl all day (even through strenuous exercise). I didn't have any inordinate smudging - just a little under the eyes when I fell asleep in it once.

I do have to apply a LOT of coats to get much volume going on, but I don't consider that much of a sacrifice when the mascara does so many of the other things I'm looking for, and is so inexpensive. I bought this one and Lash Sensational on the same drugstore trip and expected to like it better (I love comb-type wands) but the Colossal Cat Eyes wins hands-down.

on 1/14/2015 6:45:00 PM

This is one of my favorite mascaras.Love the curved brush ,it makes it easy to reach every lash. It also makes lashes look longer and fuller.I got alot of complaints when I wore this mascara..Definitely recommend!

on 1/13/2015 10:15:00 AM

I really like this mascara. I purchased the waterproof version. The brush hits every lash with little effort and curls the lashes up well. It separates the lashes yet gives them a semi full look. It doesn't volumize as much as I would like but that is my only complaint. Its isn't advertised as a volumizing mascara so I cant knock it. No clumping, great color. I would definitely recommend this mascara to others.

Love this mascara! The brush is amazing and formula holds a curl, pigmented and very waterproof. It doesn't flake and it doesn't smudge. I have very sparse lashes and this defines, lengths and volumizes. I have mono lids and when I brush two coats it pushes into double folds. I got on sale for 3.99 CAd at superstore and the packaging is adorable with the leopard spots. This replaced my previous discontinued favorite maybelline The ONe. :). Highly recommend!