Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

3.1

on 7/29/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm Asian and I have very thin and flat lashes, I've tried many drug store mascara and luxury mascara and only two that works like heaven!
This is the only drugstore mascara that actually says what it advertises as. It's give lots of volume and leaving the tip of your lashing pointy and long. The waterproof version is sooooo good! It really hold the curl, gives great volume and length. Love the brush and how it's curved for your lashes, it's soooooo good for your bottom lashes, it really makes your bottom lashes look like extensions. I will repurchased this again! Absolutely amazing!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

(waterproof version) I actually really like this mascara. It gives my eyelashes a very wispy and natural look, stays on all day and holds a curl quite well.

on 4/29/2015 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my sister's favorite, so she bought one for me. After curling my lashes, I've found that the curved brush allows for easy application to my lashes. This is important to me because my lashes lose their curl easily.

After applying about 2 coats, this mascara made my lashes look like spider legs! Not what I want! I want them to look fuller :(

They do add some length for me.

And I have a complaint about the packaging. If i'm not extra slow when pulling the wand out, the "plug ring" (forgot its exact name) that removes extra product will come out. This has happened to me with prior purchases of the same product.

Looking for another mascara!

on 4/16/2015 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is a so-so mascara, its a really thick formula on a tiny brush. Its not really defining, or non-clumping. I think the only thing it does mainly is slightly thickens and curls. It doesnt give you that cat-eye effect, how its long at the tips and shorter as it goes in. It actually lengthens my lashes in the middle area the most than anything. It is super dark and its nice. The formula kinda reminds me of the loreal voluminous, but basically its not my cup of tea. It feels thick and heavy on your lashes and it balls up at the tips of your lashes.
Please let the mascara tube dry out for 5 weeks or so, because collosal mascaras tend to work better when waited for weeks. Great for bottom lashes though.

on 3/23/2015 12:29:00 PM

Not impressed with this product at all. I had a coupon so I bought the waterproof. This mascara doesn't seem to do anything aside from coat my lashes in black. No lengthening, no added volume, and no discernible "cat eye" effect that I can see. Plus it sheds during the day, blackening my under eye area. Not a fan.

I'll start off by saying that I never have particularly good experiences with Maybelline mascaras, and this product is quite consistent with the past mascaras I have bought from the brand. For me, this was a fairly average product, verging on the side of poor. It cost about $4 for me on sale, regular price was about $7, so it is an inexpensive product. It comes in a cute yellow tube with some leopard print around the top.
I find the brush a little awkward to use. It is very skinny and curved, and is made out of the natural kind of bristles. The website promises " colossal lashes go fully feline in one stroke" with 8x the volume and "cat-like corners". I find that it does provide volume, but you have to be careful with how much you put on, because with only one stroke it does not do a lot for your lashes, but if you put on more than one coat, it will easily get clumpy and kind of crunchy looking. It flakes almost immediately after you put it on. It doesn't look terrible when on, but certainly nothing special.
I would not recommend this product or buy it again. While providing some volume, it does not come close to the 8x they claim, and is a bit difficult to work with. As for the "cat eyes" aspect, I don't think it looks any different at the corners than any other mascara.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Won't buy again. didn't really consider myself picky when it came to mascara but I guess I am? Don't like the way the brush made my lashes stick together. Spider legs. also felt as if it slipped off throughout the day.

on 2/3/2015 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First thing I noticed about this mascara was the smell! Very strong chemical plasticy smell. I have noticed a few other Maybelline mascaras with this smell including the limited great lash "doll eyes". So if you're sensitive to smell I'd skip this. The smell did dissipate after it dried but I still noticed it a little and being sensitive to smell myself, it bothered me....other than that, my first impression of this mascara is great! Went on really easy and created a lot of drama without much work. Just a couple coats and my eyelashes looked long, thick and " glamorous " I guess you could say. It lifted, curled and gave a defined look. It's such a shame it smells the way it does or I'd be in love❤

on 1/26/2015 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a surprisingly good mascara! I was curious what the heck cat eye LASHES would look like, so I gave this one a shot. The curved brush helped give my lashes a lift without using an eyelash curler. It did a great job of separating them. While it took a few coats to achieve an excellent look, it did not clump up at all. The formula is the perfect balance...not too wet and not too dry. It gives nice volume more than it does length. Its strength is more in the curl that it creates. It had an excellent wear time that lasted all day and night. It came off easily with soap and water or makeup remover wipes. This is an excellent mascara to have in your makeup arsenal. I will keep repurchasing this until they either discontinue it, or mess it up - I mean - reformulate it ;)

on 1/20/2015 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible! There's two ways to use this, you can use the inward side, witch will barley add any product to your lashes and just clump them, or you can use the outward side, witch will add too much product and make them to long and spidery. Believe me I've tried every way to use this mascara, but every time I use it I end up with messy, clumpy lashes. It'll make your lashes really long but clumpy too.