July 30, 2014 | 1721 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by SweenE

I had been considering buying this for a while and i finally did after several friends recommended it to me. I was wary of the word colossal at first picturing a huge clumpy brush but i was happy when i saw that the brush is thin and really easy to control. The shape of the brush makes it so effortless to cover all of your lashes quikly and last really well, I would definitely re-buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by rosalie9313

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this mascara as a free handout as part of street marketing and took awhile to open it. SO glad I finally did. I have long, fairly thick, but super blonde (aka invisible) lashes. This mascara gives me defined lashes (but not super defined like some mascaras where it looks like you've glued on individual eyelashes one at a time) and helps gently curl my lashes up and out when I wiggle the brush at the root and sweep up and out. I don't curl my eyelashes so I can't speak to its hold. I don't find it flakes (unless I sleep in it, whoops) and it comes off easily with my makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by inasaduk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this mascara for $10 in Australia. I love this mascara. It doesn't have this dry flaky look, but this mascara looks so thick and natural. It holds my curl, the wand is perfect. I would recommend this mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by saraht19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just purchased this mascara for the second time-- it's my favorite so far!! The first time I put it on I was shocked at how dramatically it darkened, lengthened and thickened my eyelashes... and the curl lasted throughout the entire day! I got asked if my lashes were fake once.. ;) It's better than the Falsies inmho... similar applicators, except the Cat Eyes hugs your lash line better, really grabbing the lashes and coating them with product (great for the bottom lashes as well!) The smell might get to some people, it has a chemical sort of smell that I didn't mind but it was a little strong at first.. no worries it goes away after a little time. I had to write this review because this is honestly such an under-rated mascara :D Love it, can't wait to start using it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the wand of this mascara. It is great at lengthening and separating lashes. It isn't the best at creating volume, however. I also find that I can't bring it out to the ends of my bottom lashes or it will transfer under my eyes after a few hours. Just an ok mascara for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

3.5 My friend and I buy one another mascara every now and then. I bought her Manga and she bought me Colossal Cat eye. Now Colossal REG is one of my all time FAVS...Cat eye's wonderful as well. Not so much a thickening, but the brush / wand works well for my large almond shaped eyes. I do NOT need my curler and 3 coats gives me the desired look. Will re-purchase. I just LOVE Maybelline mascaras. The next one I want to try will be Full N Soft when I travel to America (they dis-continued in Canada unfortunately). I never feel the need to buy high end often as Maybelline always provides me with amazing eye-lashes!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by KisaNZ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in New Zealand so these are NZ prices :)
I don't have thick, long lashes so I was looking for something that worked for me and the first Maybelline mascara I got (last year) was the One By One, which I like because it coats, separates, and doesnt clump. And then after some checking around, looking at reviews etc went to a cosmetics sale and got the Maybelline Volum Express Colossal Cat Eyes double pack (on sale) to try. And for $15NZD, was well worth it. Also bought the Maybelline The Falsies Flared for $10NZD at the same sale. Did a comparison and prefer the Cat Eyes, purely for the wand shape, which gives me some nice curl, even when I dont curl my lashes. Left it on over night, and the mascara was still there, a little bit flakey, but hey, I slept in it! The formula for both smells awful, but who's going to smell your lashes?? Didn't smudge, didn't rub off, removed with my Simple Eye Makeup Remover. Did it give a lot of volume? Couldn't really tell, but not really? In the photos I posted I put 2 coats on each, just to see. If you're looking for a good 'budget' mascara Maybelline can't go wrong.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Fla8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Worst mascara I ever tried. Falls all over my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by radlegend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite go-to mascara. I love Maybelline Mascaras in general - but this one I never go without.
Lashes come out longer, thicker, fanned out. It does tend to cluimp - but a lash brush sorts that out in one comb: revealing lovely, luscious long lashes.
I have short, thin but curly lashes - this adds such wonderful length and volume!!! I recommend this to ALL my friends, as I always get compliments!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by brigidmarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Disappointing. I generally like Maybelline mascara, but this one is just blah. I have long, straight, light lashes. This mascara doesn't do much for them. It's not terrible, it's not much of anything.