July 29, 2014 | 917 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Strawberry Shortcake 080

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by cbaker6653

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The thing I love most about Revlon lip butters is that because they are sheer, they sort of just "tint" your natural lip color. Therefore, the same shade looks different on different lips. On my lips, Strawberry Milkshake was just too pale. I don't really like shimmery or "frosted" lipstick, so I gave this one to a friend. I have 3 other lip butter shades that I love! This shade was simply not for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought the colour looked cute in the tube, but on the lips it was just too pale and frosty. Not a good look on my skintone, but maybe it would work better on someone with a tan? I've decided that pale pinks like this just aren't for me. I'm also not sold on the lip butter formulation, I find that they highlight any dry flakies and lines and are not moisturising like I expected. They also wear off very quickly. I think I only used this one 3-4 times before it sat in my makeup collection for about a year...then I threw it out! :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently got another one of these Lip Butters and fell in love! I had to go get more! So I decided on this shade for a nice soft pink color to wear as a MLBB lippie. And this is for sure a MLBB on my lips. I love this shade!
Its not nude or anything, its just a pretty pink shade softened very nicely. I like this for days when I need to just throw something on and it brightens my look right away. This also doesn't have any shimmer in it and I really like that this doesn't settle into the cracks in my lips. It glides right over and kind of masks them as well. I can see this flattering a large range of skin tones and recommend it a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Wezo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product the other day whilst on another one of my makeup purchasing rampages & I am so glad this was one of my buys! I was a little apprehensive as the testers were all melted & yuck which made me wonder about the quality but it was on sale & the bit left on the bottom looked like a nice shade of pink. 'Soft' comes to mind when I wear this lippy. It is a pretty, 'soft' shade of pink that feels 'soft' & smooth on your lips. I love it! Packaging is cute & practical, price was quite reasonable - ONLY while on sale (otherwise too expensive.) I will buy this product again if on sale!
Normal price brings down the overall rating.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shade was cutesy pink to me. It is just a little bit too cool for my skin, which I was surprised about because it really didn't seem to have any blue in it just looking at the stick. It does work well enough with my skin to keep it around however. I don't wear it much, it's simply okay to me. It's nice and moisturizing and the color is very noticeable. It's just light enough to feel like maybe you should put on another coat, but just dark enough that you notice your lips are pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by GreatReviews

I am in love with this colour! The glossy finish and the light lilac pink looks wonderful and is a nice change from my usual peachy nude lip. However, this colour tends to make my teeth look more yellow than it actually is. This colour is perfect for an NC30 IMO! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by brk008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My biggest gripe with this is the color itself- it just doesn't work for me. It's too light and has an 80s frosted look on my skintone. Unlike other reviewers, I didn't find the color to go on all that evenly. It could be that my lips aren't in the greatest shape right now and the product appears to be settling into fine lines.

That being said, I would be willing to try the product again in a different color. I actually own 3 and can't say I'm crazy about any of them (Strawberry Shortcake- too Barbie pink, Pink Lemonade- even lighter but somehow not as bad, Sugar Plum- unmemorable), but I really want to like the product. I love the idea of a hydrating lipstick with a sheer hint of color. If I could find the right shade I would be thrilled. The good news is, at around $8 each (and I think it's even cheaper in the rest of the country- I love you but I hate you, New York!) I can afford to try a few more times.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by peakvolume

Strawberry Shortcake is a pretty apt description for this shade-its a medium, slightly warm pink, pretty similar to what comes to mind when you hear "strawberry shortcake." It's one of my favorite lip butters because it applies the best-there's still minimal bunching, but not as bad as the others I've tried. And it still has great pigment and the glossy sheen these are famous for. This didn't wear super long but then again, it isn't meant to. It doesn't do much when it comes to moisturizing the lips--it doesn't dry them, but I didn't notice improvement, either.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by pinkcharms

Sinks into fine lines on my lips especially if I have dry lips, not pretty. Not long lasting either, after one hour it's half gone except in my lines so its like highlighting my fine lines and dry skin! Very disappointed with it especially given the hype on the internet for this product and considering that it markets itself to be targeted for dry lips.

It goes on pretty buttery like its name suggests but I don't feel that it actually moisturises my lips.

Packaging is pretty though.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by kayci21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this, but mainly because it doesn't suit me. It's a warm-toned baby pink but just looks really odd with my complexion. It's smooth and relatively sheer. Not long-lasting. Seeps into cracks so you'd need to wear lip balm under it.