April 17, 2014 | 937 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Strawberry Shortcake 080

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by GreatReviews

I am in love with this colour! The glossy finish and the light lilac pink looks wonderful and is a nice change from my usual peachy nude lip. However, this colour tends to make my teeth look more yellow than it actually is. This colour is perfect for an NC30 IMO! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by brk008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My biggest gripe with this is the color itself- it just doesn't work for me. It's too light and has an 80s frosted look on my skintone. Unlike other reviewers, I didn't find the color to go on all that evenly. It could be that my lips aren't in the greatest shape right now and the product appears to be settling into fine lines.

That being said, I would be willing to try the product again in a different color. I actually own 3 and can't say I'm crazy about any of them (Strawberry Shortcake- too Barbie pink, Pink Lemonade- even lighter but somehow not as bad, Sugar Plum- unmemorable), but I really want to like the product. I love the idea of a hydrating lipstick with a sheer hint of color. If I could find the right shade I would be thrilled. The good news is, at around $8 each (and I think it's even cheaper in the rest of the country- I love you but I hate you, New York!) I can afford to try a few more times.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by peakvolume

Strawberry Shortcake is a pretty apt description for this shade-its a medium, slightly warm pink, pretty similar to what comes to mind when you hear "strawberry shortcake." It's one of my favorite lip butters because it applies the best-there's still minimal bunching, but not as bad as the others I've tried. And it still has great pigment and the glossy sheen these are famous for. This didn't wear super long but then again, it isn't meant to. It doesn't do much when it comes to moisturizing the lips--it doesn't dry them, but I didn't notice improvement, either.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by pinkcharms

Sinks into fine lines on my lips especially if I have dry lips, not pretty. Not long lasting either, after one hour it's half gone except in my lines so its like highlighting my fine lines and dry skin! Very disappointed with it especially given the hype on the internet for this product and considering that it markets itself to be targeted for dry lips.

It goes on pretty buttery like its name suggests but I don't feel that it actually moisturises my lips.

Packaging is pretty though.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by kayci21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this, but mainly because it doesn't suit me. It's a warm-toned baby pink but just looks really odd with my complexion. It's smooth and relatively sheer. Not long-lasting. Seeps into cracks so you'd need to wear lip balm under it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Mashenka11

This is my holy grail !! I have been searching for the perfect lip product for a long time. I don't like most lipsticks because they feel too drying and overdone for me, but yet I dont like lipglosses because of the super shiny, sticky feel. The consistency of this one is right on target for me, creamy, just thick enough but lightweight and only a smidget sticky.

Color - this has always been a challenge. I have a light skin tone but not very pale. I love accentuating my lips, with look-at-me wine colors and berrys, but I honestly don't go out enough to events where I could feel comfortable doing that. So, I wanted something that was wearable every day. Enter - Revlon strawberry shortcake. It is the perfect creamy mid toned pink. I have tried lots of pinks - they were always either too bubble gum, or too bright, or washed me out, or non colored.

Texture - Creamy, I didnt use a lip balm as it moisturizes my lips. Also, I didnt need a gloss on top because it provides just enough shine.

Price - $6.98 at walmart.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

I am on the fence about this but definitely won't be repurchasing this shade. This is the first lip butter I've tried and I am kind of disappointed with the colour. I didn't expect it to be leaning more towards a Barbie pink shade when applied onto my lips. Although it is sheer, if you don't go over it more than a couple times then it will look more natural. I tend to prefer MLBB type of lip products.

I love the texture of this since it's extremely creamy and doesn't feel like there's anything on your lips. While it doesn't settle into the crevices of your lips, it does emphasize dry spots. It's not so bad to the point where I wouldn't use it again but definitely not going to be my go to lip product. It isn't exactly moisturizing but it doesn't dry out your lips either. The finish is glossy with a hint of frost. I would assume the frost finish would be more apparent if you build up on this. I guess I'll use this whenever I want to switch things up a bit. Don't feel like wasting this since I can't return it and it isn't horrid.

As for the packaging it's mediocre. While it does look cute and I like how you're able to view the colour from the top, there is one minor thing that bugs me. I probably have OCD so when I noticed that every time I twisted down the lipstick before putting on the cap, a bit of the product would smear onto the side of it, it makes me cringe. It's not a big deal as I'm sure other products out there would have this issue as well but it gives me a huge urge to clean it ASAP. I tend to not twist it down anymore just so I don't have to deal with that, haha. I also purchased this in Berry Smoothie so I am hoping that colour will be what I'm looking for. So far I still prefer the Maybelline Color Whisper.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by samgv

I really like the Revlon Lip Butters, but I was a little disapointed with this color, since it was the first one I bought. The packaging is a squared pink cap with two sides quilted and the top of the cap is clear so you can see the color. When you take off the cap you find a really pretty twist part that is metal and fancy, and the bottom of the whole thing is black and says Revlon on it. The product itself is really pigmented and really smooth, it glides on flawlessly. The color was hard to get used to since it is a lot more light than my natural lip color(red). I wouldn't recommend this color if you have chapped lips because the color will get stuck there and just look nasty, so make sure your lips are nice and moisturized. These lip butters are so pigmented and moisturizing at the same time that it's the perfect combo of a lipstick and a lip balm, for the perfect colorful shiny finish it gives you. I would definitely recommend the lip butters, but this color is not my favorite. I will not repurchasse this color.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Madihudson

This was my first Lip Butter by Revlon and I wasn't impressed. Luckily I caved in and bought another one and I was pleased but I don't like this one at all. The problem is the color is a frost like finish and if you chapped lips or your skin on the lip is peeling this color is not for you. Specifically this color and this color only, tends to sink into any lip imperfections. The color looks bad on my lips and is very sticky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was the first lip butter I have tried, and I think I know why so many girls rave about this lippie. The texture of this line is amazing, it is very smooth and creamy and leaves the right amount of shine and pigmentation to your lips. I don't find this to be drying or particularly moisturizing, but coming from someone who has very dry lips, I find myself skipping lip balm before applying this.
This shade is a cool toned pink with slight shimmers (no grainy particles) which are hardly noticeable on the lips. It applies very smoothly and evenly however, it does settle into the fine lines of the lips. It is lightweight and non-greasy, however the staying power is poor. On average I would say this lasts 3 hours before you would need to reapply, however, it doesn't bother me.
I see this shade being a hot seller for younger women, and I would pass on this shade if you are not interested in the baby pinks.