October 23, 2014 | 892 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Dove - Visible Beauty Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Dove Visible Effects Body Lotion (European name)

I was curious about this new body lotion as I'm fond of all Dove products, so I had to give it a try.
The packaging isn't that interesting, but I do like the brownish-gold lettering and the picture of something that looks like silk/skin. It's a handy squeeze bottle that looks ok in my bathroom, it fits in.
The lotion is white, but looks a bit...hmmm... like liquid plastic... The substance reminds of some industrial fluid, I'm not sure how to describe it. The scent comes out immediately and it's quite nice, clean and fresh, a bit soapy.
It rubs in easy and you feel a sensation of a rich lotion, which softens the skin instantly. You don't need much at all to achieve the effect.
But then.... I hate when my skin feels greasy after use of a body lotion, I just get really uncomfortable. Let it be just THAT sensation I get when I use this lotion... When you touch your skin after a couple of minutes you don't feel grease, but the sensation stays...bummer!!
Even after several hours you still feel like you just put it on, for people who like that, this is the lotion for you!
About the effect I can only be happy. It moisturizes pretty well, and you smell fresh for the entire day.
I tend to use this lotion only in winter, as for summer it's too greasy for my feeling.
Overall a pretty good product that does the trick, too bad about the greasy feeling that stays for hours...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by acarthur

I think I have finally found a perfect body lotion. I have dry skin and this product is just amazing. My skin feels so soft and moisturized without feeling sticky/tacky. A little goes a long way and it has a really nice, but light fragrance. Decent price also. Definitely buying this again!