GLAMGLOW Mud Mask

3.2

Aqua (Water), Montmorillonite (Volcanic Minerals), Kaolin (French Sea Clay), Magnesium Aluminium Silicate (Purified Clay), Polyethylene, Pumice (Micro Volcanic Rock), Camellia Sinesis Leef (Green Tea Leef), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tee), Chamomilla Recutica Flower Extract (Chamomile), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Marigold), Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedara Helix Extract (Ivy), Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey Herb), Lavandula Hybrida Oil (Lavender), Glycerin (Vegetable), Parfum, [Benxyl Benzonate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool], Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Prpylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

on 4/20/2015 9:36:00 PM

I love this product!! It stings a bit while it is drying but it is worth it. I let it get dry and then exfoliate my face with it. This is the only thing I've ever used that actually made my pores smaller. The next day my skin was glowing, soft and supple. It is a bit pricey and the packaging isn't the best but it works. I buy the $19 and use it where I need it which is my nose, part of my checks and chin.

on 3/11/2015 4:44:00 PM

At 19 bucks a pop, I thought this was going to be amazing. After finishing the trial jar, I'm not impressed at all. The mud not so much tingles, but burns as it's drying. There are giant chunks of leaf that do nothing. My skin only feels slightly better after using. Just not worth the money, and I will be sticking to my Indian Healing Clay. 19 dollars for 0.5 ounces, or 10 dollars for a pound of calcium bentonite. Even the mint julep works better and doesn't hurt my face. Totally overhyped by YouTube gurus and not worth the price.

on 3/2/2015 1:11:00 PM

It was my first time using it last night and I fell in love! The mask went on smoothly. It made my face feel super soft!!!

on 2/27/2015 7:33:00 PM

I think this product isnít as glamorous and amazing as it has been marketed to be, but itís still a good product, though maybe not for everyone.

This is the first clay mud mask Iíve used ďregularlyĒ Ė about 1-2 time every 1-2 weeks or so, depending on how my skin is feeling. Iíve only used the mud mask at night before going to bed and always used a sleeping pack mask in addition to my regular nighttime skincare routine (water/toner, hyaluronic acid lotion, moisturizing essence, dark spot corrector, & moisturizer).

Likes:
- Quick Drying Time: in 10 minutes, youíre ready to rinse. However, this means you better slather this on quickly to your face because it will either dry right on your fingers or part of your face will be dried before the other. This is great to use before heading out to a special event.

- Exfoliate to Rinse: I love this part. I do think the scrub particles can be too harsh for some skin types. Youíd have to adjust how hard and how long you rub your face. For me, I actually didnít want to stop scrubbing because it felt really good, like I was getting really deep into my skin to remove the excess dirt.

- Tingling Sensation: itís not a very strong tingling sensation, but it makes it feel like somethingís being activated and working on my face.
- Extremely Clean, Matte Skin: definitely felt like the mud sucked up all the oil from my face and cleaned it. I almost want to say itís a little too drying for my combo-dry skin, but it didnít cause any flaking and my skin looked and felt pretty good. I make sure I slather on moisturizer to make up for it. I also use a sheet mask after the clay mask so my ďnewĒ skin soaks up extra moisture.

- Bright, Tight & Smooth Skin: this is a great quick fix when my skin feels dull and drab. The first few times I used the product, I didnít get significant brightening effect, but I put more product on my face the next few sessions, scrubbed longer, so perhaps that led to brighter skin. Or maybe my skin was just in such terrible condition that it made a major difference.

Downsides:
- Large pieces of what I think are tea leaves that are just kind of in the way. They end up falling off my face and makes a mess.

- Jar packaging: more prone to bacteria and air exposure, which will alter the ingredients.

- No improvement to pores: it didnít seem to improve the look of the pores on & around my nose, nor remove the blackheads as much as Iíd like.

Highly recommend following up with a moisture sheet mask or sleeping pack mask at night so your skin doesnít feel too tight or dry after use. Iíve used Laneige & Sulwhasoo sleeping masks after (both Korean brands now available in the states). I actually also own the GlamGlow Hydrate mask, but for some reason, havenít tested the two together Ė should be a good combo right?

As for long-term effect, I am not sure if this product alone will improve my skin the way they claim, but I think incorporating this type of product is beneficial to the overall look of my 30-something year old skin. With the $70 price tag on a 1.7 ounce jar, I probably will try other mud masks before reaching adding this to my basket again. Iíve got my eye on this Korean brandís mask next: Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask, recommended by some beauty bloggers.

on 2/17/2015 4:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I will admit that I have only used this product less than a handful of times. I like it... I cleanse and exfoliate on a regular basis but every once in a while I like a little something extra to remove any dryness or build up, I feel like this does its part. It definitely feels "tingly" (more like a burning sensation) when first applied but once it starts to dry the sensation goes away. Once I rinse it completely off my face I dry lightly and apply a very tiny amount of coconut oil. My skin looks glowy and super soft to the touch.

on 2/14/2015 5:35:00 PM

I had bought this product for months ago and i had used it just once. But i've decided to give a second chance to this mask 2 weeks ago. I was using Skin Ceuticals Clay Mask to diminish the pores and for deep cleansing. But this product is better. I will buy this mask again. But there is a key point you should do while using these type of masks. You should not scrub while you apply the mask. And you should not scrub this mask off during the rinse phase. Just apply as much as water to rinse off and use your palm. Do not use your fingers much...

on 1/28/2015 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I admit it's an expensive mud mask, I actually had doubts when buying it whether it will work or not.
But I just love the result!
My face feels hydrated, pores appear smaller and just clean overall. I could still feel the residue of the mask after I rinse the whole face, but it's all good.
It is practically the best mask I bought so far.
I wonder if the other options are also great like this black one.

on 1/15/2015 8:18:00 PM

I loved the smell of this product. The packaging is pretty good and well made, obviously. My first time using it, I was okay with it. It actually gave a stingy, burning sensation on my skin. The out come was great: my pores were smaller, my skin was tighter and my acne would shrink in size. I find it very hard to clean off, I always find that I missed a spot or the grit had gotten into my hair. After finishing the rest of my night time routine, I go to bed. Then the next day I feel a brand new hard, red, and irritated zit. I spot treated it like I normally do, and I then spot treated if with this mask and it shrunk like the first time. But the next day I found a new hard, red and irritated zit next to the old one. So in short this mask broke me out, badly. I wouldn't buy this again. I'd like to try the supermud mask, hopefully that mask could help and not irritate my skin.

on 1/3/2015 4:52:00 AM

First let me just say this smells really good, it smells like tea which I find very calming. I admit the price is ridiculous! But for the small one that is $19 its pretty good. I only use a very very little bit once a week which I think will last a fair amount of time. After the first time I used it I noticed my face was extremely smooth and any blemishes I had reduced a little. It does sting while its drying, but not in a painful way and it does make my skin feel tighter

on 1/1/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

AMAZING! I love this stuff! I've always had a problem with congestion, especially with stubborn blackheads around my t-zone but glamglow actually removed the majority (almost all) of it! I was so impressed. I would recommend this to everyone!

Popular Masks