GLAMGLOW Mud Mask

3.2

Aqua (Water), Montmorillonite (Volcanic Minerals), Kaolin (French Sea Clay), Magnesium Aluminium Silicate (Purified Clay), Polyethylene, Pumice (Micro Volcanic Rock), Camellia Sinesis Leef (Green Tea Leef), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tee), Chamomilla Recutica Flower Extract (Chamomile), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Marigold), Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedara Helix Extract (Ivy), Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey Herb), Lavandula Hybrida Oil (Lavender), Glycerin (Vegetable), Parfum, [Benxyl Benzonate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool], Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Prpylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

First, it should be known that while I’m a fan of skincare and consider the nightly ritual relaxing and something to look forward to, I have never been in love with masks and I have limited experience with them, but GlamGlo Youthmud Tinglexfoliate wasn’t impressive in the least. I thought I’d spring for a jar, after hearing all the rave reviews and wanting to dip into the world of masks again, and this one was supposed to be one of the best. My jar had a fair amount of small twigs and leaves, which became annoying to try to apply the mask with them falling off my face and onto the counter…am I supposed to pick these things out? This was also heavily perfumed, which I wasn’t thrilled about…didn’t hate it, but I didn’t enjoy it and even if got amazing results with the mask, the heavy scent might keep me from a repurchase. And tingle?—it borderline burns when it first went on…at least the “tingle” died down after about 45 sec of uncomfortableness. (It should also be known that I regularly use strong chemicals on my face, retin-a, a high percent vit-d serum, botanicals etc.) 10 minutes of skin tightening later, I washed this off with a warm washcloth and BAM!—nothing. No shrunken pores, no super glow…just my regular face, looking back at me in the mirror, disappointed. What it did do was make my skin sensitive to harsher chemicals for about a day or so. I don’t often return items, but this jar went back.

on 6/4/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this mask!!! It makes my skin glow for days! Instantly. The first week I used it, I broke out pretty bad, but I've had no issues since. Love it!

on 5/25/2015 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This mask is maybe not quite as good as it has been made up to be - but nevertheless a great product. It is quite expensive but really the tingly sensation is amazing, I find it amazing at exfoliating. I never have any skin problems so I didn't expect the mask to do much more than a great job at exfoliating and it does deliver but I could not say how it treats problem skin. I also find it is a bit drying and therefore I always use thirsty mud afterwards.

on 4/20/2015 9:36:00 PM

I love this product!! It stings a bit while it is drying but it is worth it. I let it get dry and then exfoliate my face with it. This is the only thing I've ever used that actually made my pores smaller. The next day my skin was glowing, soft and supple. It is a bit pricey and the packaging isn't the best but it works. I buy the $19 and use it where I need it which is my nose, part of my checks and chin.

on 3/11/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

At 19 bucks a pop, I thought this was going to be amazing. After finishing the trial jar, I'm not impressed at all. The mud not so much tingles, but burns as it's drying. There are giant chunks of leaf that do nothing. My skin only feels slightly better after using. Just not worth the money, and I will be sticking to my Indian Healing Clay. 19 dollars for 0.5 ounces, or 10 dollars for a pound of calcium bentonite. Even the mint julep works better and doesn't hurt my face. Totally overhyped by YouTube gurus and not worth the price.

on 3/2/2015 1:11:00 PM

It was my first time using it last night and I fell in love! The mask went on smoothly. It made my face feel super soft!!!

on 2/27/2015 7:33:00 PM

I think this product isn’t as glamorous and amazing as it has been marketed to be, but it’s still a good product, though maybe not for everyone.

This is the first clay mud mask I’ve used “regularly” – about 1-2 time every 1-2 weeks or so, depending on how my skin is feeling. I’ve only used the mud mask at night before going to bed and always used a sleeping pack mask in addition to my regular nighttime skincare routine (water/toner, hyaluronic acid lotion, moisturizing essence, dark spot corrector, & moisturizer).

Likes:
- Quick Drying Time: in 10 minutes, you’re ready to rinse. However, this means you better slather this on quickly to your face because it will either dry right on your fingers or part of your face will be dried before the other. This is great to use before heading out to a special event.

- Exfoliate to Rinse: I love this part. I do think the scrub particles can be too harsh for some skin types. You’d have to adjust how hard and how long you rub your face. For me, I actually didn’t want to stop scrubbing because it felt really good, like I was getting really deep into my skin to remove the excess dirt.

- Tingling Sensation: it’s not a very strong tingling sensation, but it makes it feel like something’s being activated and working on my face.
- Extremely Clean, Matte Skin: definitely felt like the mud sucked up all the oil from my face and cleaned it. I almost want to say it’s a little too drying for my combo-dry skin, but it didn’t cause any flaking and my skin looked and felt pretty good. I make sure I slather on moisturizer to make up for it. I also use a sheet mask after the clay mask so my “new” skin soaks up extra moisture.

- Bright, Tight & Smooth Skin: this is a great quick fix when my skin feels dull and drab. The first few times I used the product, I didn’t get significant brightening effect, but I put more product on my face the next few sessions, scrubbed longer, so perhaps that led to brighter skin. Or maybe my skin was just in such terrible condition that it made a major difference.

Downsides:
- Large pieces of what I think are tea leaves that are just kind of in the way. They end up falling off my face and makes a mess.

- Jar packaging: more prone to bacteria and air exposure, which will alter the ingredients.

- No improvement to pores: it didn’t seem to improve the look of the pores on & around my nose, nor remove the blackheads as much as I’d like.

Highly recommend following up with a moisture sheet mask or sleeping pack mask at night so your skin doesn’t feel too tight or dry after use. I’ve used Laneige & Sulwhasoo sleeping masks after (both Korean brands now available in the states). I actually also own the GlamGlow Hydrate mask, but for some reason, haven’t tested the two together – should be a good combo right?

As for long-term effect, I am not sure if this product alone will improve my skin the way they claim, but I think incorporating this type of product is beneficial to the overall look of my 30-something year old skin. With the $70 price tag on a 1.7 ounce jar, I probably will try other mud masks before reaching adding this to my basket again. I’ve got my eye on this Korean brand’s mask next: Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask, recommended by some beauty bloggers.

on 2/17/2015 4:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I will admit that I have only used this product less than a handful of times. I like it... I cleanse and exfoliate on a regular basis but every once in a while I like a little something extra to remove any dryness or build up, I feel like this does its part. It definitely feels "tingly" (more like a burning sensation) when first applied but once it starts to dry the sensation goes away. Once I rinse it completely off my face I dry lightly and apply a very tiny amount of coconut oil. My skin looks glowy and super soft to the touch.

on 2/14/2015 5:35:00 PM

I had bought this product for months ago and i had used it just once. But i've decided to give a second chance to this mask 2 weeks ago. I was using Skin Ceuticals Clay Mask to diminish the pores and for deep cleansing. But this product is better. I will buy this mask again. But there is a key point you should do while using these type of masks. You should not scrub while you apply the mask. And you should not scrub this mask off during the rinse phase. Just apply as much as water to rinse off and use your palm. Do not use your fingers much...

on 1/28/2015 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I admit it's an expensive mud mask, I actually had doubts when buying it whether it will work or not.
But I just love the result!
My face feels hydrated, pores appear smaller and just clean overall. I could still feel the residue of the mask after I rinse the whole face, but it's all good.
It is practically the best mask I bought so far.
I wonder if the other options are also great like this black one.