February 27, 2015 | 1812 users online

Masks - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2015 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I will admit that I have only used this product less than a handful of times. I like it... I cleanse and exfoliate on a regular basis but every once in a while I like a little something extra to remove any dryness or build up, I feel like this does its part. It definitely feels "tingly" (more like a burning sensation) when first applied but once it starts to dry the sensation goes away. Once I rinse it completely off my face I dry lightly and apply a very tiny amount of coconut oil. My skin looks glowy and super soft to the touch.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2015 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Vivien32

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had bought this product for months ago and i had used it just once. But i've decided to give a second chance to this mask 2 weeks ago. I was using Skin Ceuticals Clay Mask to diminish the pores and for deep cleansing. But this product is better. I will buy this mask again. But there is a key point you should do while using these type of masks. You should not scrub while you apply the mask. And you should not scrub this mask off during the rinse phase. Just apply as much as water to rinse off and use your palm. Do not use your fingers much...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2015 10:45:00 AM More reviews by linz75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I admit it's an expensive mud mask, I actually had doubts when buying it whether it will work or not.
But I just love the result!
My face feels hydrated, pores appear smaller and just clean overall. I could still feel the residue of the mask after I rinse the whole face, but it's all good.
It is practically the best mask I bought so far.
I wonder if the other options are also great like this black one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2015 8:18:00 PM More reviews by OliviaLHope

I loved the smell of this product. The packaging is pretty good and well made, obviously. My first time using it, I was okay with it. It actually gave a stingy, burning sensation on my skin. The out come was great: my pores were smaller, my skin was tighter and my acne would shrink in size. I find it very hard to clean off, I always find that I missed a spot or the grit had gotten into my hair. After finishing the rest of my night time routine, I go to bed. Then the next day I feel a brand new hard, red, and irritated zit. I spot treated it like I normally do, and I then spot treated if with this mask and it shrunk like the first time. But the next day I found a new hard, red and irritated zit next to the old one. So in short this mask broke me out, badly. I wouldn't buy this again. I'd like to try the supermud mask, hopefully that mask could help and not irritate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2015 4:52:00 AM More reviews by nailizz

First let me just say this smells really good, it smells like tea which I find very calming. I admit the price is ridiculous! But for the small one that is $19 its pretty good. I only use a very very little bit once a week which I think will last a fair amount of time. After the first time I used it I noticed my face was extremely smooth and any blemishes I had reduced a little. It does sting while its drying, but not in a painful way and it does make my skin feel tighter

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 10:23:00 PM More reviews by AmanduhSunn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

AMAZING! I love this stuff! I've always had a problem with congestion, especially with stubborn blackheads around my t-zone but glamglow actually removed the majority (almost all) of it! I was so impressed. I would recommend this to everyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2015 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an okay mask. If I had used it prior to the Supermud Cleansing Mask then I would probably like this one better. In my eyes, this mask it pretty much the same as the Supermud but without the pore clearing benefits. I'd say dish out the money for the Supermud instead of this one because you will get more out of the Supermud mask.
Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate this mud mask I just don't see many benefits from it. It did leave my skin exfoliated and not irritated but it didn't blow me out of the water. I am happy though that it didn't irritate or cause me to break out the couple times I have used it. I will most likely only use this for when I want to pamper my skin a bit or when my skin just needs a bit of a pick me up.Using this in the shower is the best for me because the mask does have a bunch of like leafy things and I found it to be a pain to wash off in the sink.
So in the end, I won't dish the money out for the full size of this mask just because I don't see enough benefits from using it. But it isn't a terrible mask in any way, it is pretty decent but there are others on the market like this one that are cheaper and do the exact same thing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by freyahaseldine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the worst products I have purchased. I read so many reviews on this before purchasing. Along with being a Amazon top seller, I thought what can go wrong. After using this product it brought me out in 15 spots! It does state it's suppose to clear your skin and may break you out, so why would anyone use this if it will make you look worse? It is good for clearing out black heads on your nose and closing pores. But that is it! I was lucky to return this product on Amazon for a full refund. I was just left with a mess to clear up! Even without the spots my skin was dry and sore afterwards!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the most expensive exfoliant I've ever purchased. I bought the .5 oz size since it's $19 vs. $69 for the full size jar. Honestly, if I had paid $69, I would've been pissed. First - the small jar is only good for 3 uses so I imagine the full sized jar is only good for 6 uses - which is a rip off for $69. The product itself is difficult to get out of the jar, and they don't provide any kind of spatula so you have to scoop it out with your fingers - not the most sanitary method. It's very much clay based with tea leaves as part of the formula, so when applied, you will find bits of leaves on your face. Don't panic - the leaves are supposed to be there. Anyhow, the stuff burned - it didn't tingle, it burned, but only for maybe 15-20 seconds. Once the mask started to dry, the burning sensation went away. I followed the instructions to the letter and was pleased with the result. My skin felt smoother and tighter and I did notice a glow to it. That said, I get the SAME EXACT RESULTS from my drugstore exfoliant by Simple skin care at a fraction of the cost. I will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ladyanastasia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Based on other reviews I read of this product, I imagine it is not the best for people with sensitive skin.

My experiences with it have been very positive. I used a small amount of it and gently rinsed it off while rubbing it into my skin with circular motions. I felt no irritation, and my skin looked great afterwords. It exfoliated the dry patches around my skin that have resulted from the sub-zero winter weather perfectly. I followed it up wtih the Glamglow Thirstymud mask. I have been using it twice a week for the past 3 weeks, and have really been enjoying it.

It may not be as drastically phenomenal as the Thirstymud or Supermud, but it works excellently for dry, non-sensitive skin, smells amazing, and is definitely worth using if your skin can handle a harsher exfoliate.