December 19, 2014 | 1576 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - GLO Brilliant™ Personal Teeth Whitening Device

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by little7elf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly think this product is okay. I didn't notice a huge difference but my teeth were not super stained to begin with. I think if your teeth are naturally a shade of cream or ivory, you will not see a huge difference, however, if your teeth are stained from red wine, sodas, coffee, tea, etc then you probably will get results. I say this because that's just kind of how hydrogen peroxide, an oxidizing agent, works. It breaks down bonds in the color reflecting molecules. Hydrogen peroxide also attacks your gums and whatever else you put it on so be careful in your application which is tricky in a moist slick mouth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Bumblebat

Don't let the one star review on here put you off of buying this product, because what happened was the reviewer's own fault. It very CLEARLY states that you need to keep the gel refrigerated and they let the product sit around for four months before even bothering to open it. These reviews are supposed to be on the product itself, not based on mistakes you made.
On to the review:
Glo is FANTASTIC. I've wanted to get it for a very long time and I've debated back and forth and read countless reviews. I bought it on sale (it just won an award--woohoo! So Sephora is promoting it.)
I'm on my third day and I've already seen a massive difference! The key is before and after pictures. I plan to do a timeline afterward.
The device itself is very easy and straightforward to use. Wearing the mouthpiece is VERY comfortable. The gel doesn't slide off or taste bad...actually it's quite pleasant tasting. There's a handy strap so you can wear the device around your neck so you can go about your business.
I have very, very sensitive teeth so I was worried about it being painful- mouth pain is the WORST- but I don't get any sensitivity at all from Glo. It actually feels really nice when it warms up.
Like I said, I'm only on the third day, but my teeth are already brilliant. I can't recommend this enough.
The only thing that was stopping me before was the price. I never felt like I could afford it. But really, who can? I sucked it up, bought it on sale, and I've never been happier with a purchase.
Also, you can purchase the toothpaste separately, and it tastes amazing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by mattihammond32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried the GLO brilliant personal teeth whitening device and I must say I am totally shocked the first time using it though kinda irritated my lips so please use the lip balm. But overall I think this is a wonderful idea and my teeth are so much brighter than before I have used it now for 4 months and I have gone up 3 shades of white from coffee stained to vivid white. Love it and I will definitely buy this again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by vlaxerg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So, i'm not sure why the person before me wrote such a negative review, but I got this product for Christmas and have completely loved it.

Some backstory: I have been an avid user of Crest Whitestrips for forever, every 6 months or so I'd buy another box and i was pleased with the results by the end. But it was annoying because I felt that as soon as i stopped using them, my teeth would quickly turn dingy; not as bright within 2 weeks or so. for 45 bucks I wanted results that lasted better than that! But I didn't realize there was anything better until I got glo for Xmas!

I was hesitant at first because either you love this product or you hate it....the reviews were very mixed. But one reviewer said it made her white spots on her teeth disappear, so I became very very excited. I have had white spots on my teeth for FOREVER and they have never gone away....even using the Crest Whitestrips made the white spots seem even brighter. The whitestrips also gave me teeth sensitivity which was aggravating.

I can honestly say that after 5/6 days of using this product (not consistently every night...which it recommends but I was busy some nights) my white spots have significantly disappeared...or blended into the rest of my teeth. You can still see them slightly, but the difference is remarkable. I just took some pictures with friends the other day, and my teeth look fantastic, like they are glowing brighter than anyone else's teeth, which has never happened before with the old whitestrips. I also have experienced NO SENSITIVITY whatsoever.

I love this product and am so hopeful that I keep seeing results and that the results are long lasting. I use a q tip to apply and can get about 5-6 uses out of 1 single vial. I also recommend cutting the vial with a scissor to get all the gel out, i don't like to be wasteful :)

This was such a great product and has done great things for my smile! GO GET IT AND GET GLOING!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

GIRLS - SAVE YOUR MONEY! This product was a complete rip-off. I bought it 4 months ago and finally got around to opening it up and trying to use it. Well, the active ingredient packets had each individually opened up and oozed all over the inside of their package, AND when I took it back to Sephora, I didn't have to even explain, the SA guessed what was wrong because they had so many come back. Buyer beware - Thank God for Sephora's return policy, because $300 is no small loss.