July 28, 2014 | 970 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Koh Gen Do - Cleansing Spa Water

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant at first to try this new watery makeup remover and actually held it under my sink, ignoring it for nearly a year before I pulled it out and tried it again. I use this only when I have cleansed my face with my oil cleanser and I still have a bit of dark makeup left. I soak a cotton ball with this water and hold it against my eye until the entire thing has been whipped clean. I have to say, after trying all this week, I'm quite impressed. This is a very good water makeup remover and it's not drying, irritating or hard to work with. That being said, I find it's ridiculously priced. This product is mostly water and glycerin, something you can easily buy in its pure form and mix it with water to achieve the same effects. This is why I wouldn't buy it again, I got mine in one of those beauty boxes and I'm enjoying it but as far as going in and dropping $40 on a bottle to do the same thing a makeup wipe can do for much less, I don't think so. But, reviewing as the actual product it's a great one, it does what it says it will do. So it's up to the consumer to weight out if it's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this at a discount on Hautelook and am wondering if it's old and thus less effective. Unlike other makeup removers that I've used I find myself having to do multiple swipes of this stuff. It also stings my eyes when I use it to remove eye makeup.

If this is standard performance of this stuff I have to say it is definitely not worth the hefty price tag.

I like my other KGD products so I am disappointed with the performance of this highly regarded cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by okidoki35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I prefer to clean my makeup off prior to using a cleanser. I bought the smaller size to try, and I find this product very effective. Since it's water-based, it doesn't leave your face feeling dried out, no having that film I normally get from using a cleansing oil (don't really matter at the end since if use a cleanser at the end). It probably won't replace your cleanser, but if there's that lazy day, at least swiping your face with this water will help you get most of your makeup off.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by lulululululu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is hard to believe what an amazing product this is. In a gentle way, this product is able to clean your face and remove stubborn makeup. Perfection!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

price: expensive
packaging: great, especially the large size with pump (wished it was EVEN larger)

i love how there is so scent to it. it feels so fresh and i feel so clean.

before jumping into the shower, i take one cottan pad and do 1 pump onto the cottan pad and remove my foundation/eye makeup- takes it off without feeling any stings or fragrances/chemical scent (i have extremely dry sensitive skin- mac, josie maran, biore makeup wipes all feel too overpowering in terms of scent and it stings my face)

after in the shower, i wash my face with foam cleanser, sometimes before that a milky makeup remover

after i get out of the shower, i use my hitachi crie and pump 1 pump onto cotton pad again and go over my face...

i really feel clean, but i dont know if im over cleaning my face (very paranoid with suncreen+foundation leaving residue)

overall, its easy to use, great for sensitive skin like me and i feel cleansed

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by princess2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my second bottle of Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water. It's my favorite overall makeup remover ever. It's pricey, but so worth it! This is some sort of miracle product because I can put it on a cotton pad and brush it over my eye and remove all my eye makeup. It doesn't sting at all and gets the makeup off. I can never find eye makeup remover that doesn't sting my eyes so this stuff is like liquid gold to me. I use it to take my makeup off before exfoliating as well. It doesn't smell to me and comes in a travel size or a bigger size. I love the travel size because it's more affordable. I can't imagine anyone not liking this except for the price. Despite the price tag I have to have this product in my life so I just repurchased 6 travel size backups to have on hand!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ridiculous.that's what I thought. But I bought some because I was low on bioderma. For the first time people say, what are you using because your skin looks amazing. Me, have amazing skin? I'm 40 with a history of cystic acne and rosacea. The only things I use are clarisonic machine with a dab of neutrogena every few days and this cleansing water. Random moisturizers and serum round out my skincare, when I remember to use them. So yeah, ridiculous expensive water that works. I bought because beauty look book said its good. She is reliable, that one. Anyways, now I have amazing skin. It makes me feel giddy. And thats worth more than any other makeup I can use. All I can say is, try it. It sounds unbelievable. I became a believer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Niiiice! Consistency of water but removes all makeup, even eye makeup, with no stinging, no oily residue, no nothing. It's like magic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great stuff. I saturate a cotton pad with two pumps of the product, and wipe it across my face, removing foundation and blush first and then my eye makeup (I find that if I've worn a large amount of eye makeup I might have to remove it first with a traditional product like Lancome's). In the evening, I use this as a pre-cleanse before using my LMdB creme cleanser, although there have been many times where I have used the Koh Gen Do cleansing water on its own. It works wonderfully. There is a faint, clean herbal scent which I don't finding irritating. For a truly sublime experience, try the cleansing water with a Koh Gen Do organic cotton pad.

On to the price. Yes, it is expensive, but so is Bioderma if you are purchasing outside of France (one should be wary of counterfeit Bioderma being sold for super low prices online--500 ml of real Bioderma sold in the United States costs at least $40). And the Koh Gen Do water gives skincare benefits that Bioderma does not. I purchase the Koh Gen Do in the 480 mL size at Barney's (it comes with a pump) for $52 which is the best price per mL out there. I expect to get more than five months out of a half-liter bottle, meaning that a large bottle of Koh Gen Do costs about $10 per month. That's three cappuccinos at Starbuck's that I have to go without in order to afford this product. Easy enough. And Koh Gen Do products are categorically NOT tested on animals. This isn't urban lore, it's clearly stated on their home page.

EDIT: Just finished my first bottle, purchased ~1 year ago!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by nicolekm

This is a HG product for me. It's absolute perfection. It removes all of my makeup (from foundation to mascara) effortlessly. After using this, my skin always feels so soft... never greasy. I have really sensitive eyes, and while removing mascara or eyeliner, I've accidentally gotten some of this in my eyes... I've never experienced any discomfort or irritation as a result. It's amazing! Definitely worth checking out... especially if your eyes are sensitive like mine. I started out with the smallest size, just to test it out, and have since moved on to the largest size they have with the pump. It's great!