October 2, 2014 | 1007 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Koh Gen Do - Cleansing Spa Water

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by ninjadoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this non-oil based make up remover so much it's HG. A few years ago I was getting eyelash extensions. Anybody who's gotten these know that one of the rules is to NEVER use an oil based MU remover (it dissolves the glue). So after some search, I found this baby at Sephora. I bought a 3.38oz/100ml bottle travel sized bottle and it lasted me almost 9 months. I'd wet the end of a q-tip and clean around my eyes. After I ran out, I bought a large 10.15oz/300ml bottle for $39 and I don't think I could ever be without it. Yes, it's pricey, but gentle, effective, and as a contact wearer, it leaves no residue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yeah, this is some nice stuff and by far, the best makeup remover I've tried to date…it even makes easy work of taking off Benefit's "They're Real" mascara: dampen cotton round with Spa Water, apply to eyes for 30 seconds or so, gently wipe…I never thought "They're Real" could be removed so easily -- my eyes, and the skin around my eye left feeling *normal* (not oily, not tight, dry or irritated etc). I also like swiping this over my face after a coconut oil cleanse.

The lovely thing about Spa Water is that it's not oily, it doesn't dry out the skin, and it removes makeup as effectively as any oil. People talk about an "elegant" product…I think Spa Water performs elegantly. Yes, there are other, just as effective makeup removers out there, but add in the condition this leaves your skin in and you'd be hard pressed to find a comparable product.

I bought the mini, $15 bottle from Sephora and would have no problem spending $40 for a full sized bottle, if it weren't for some of the questionable ingredients (hence, the 4 lipsticks, instead of 5). At this point, I'm unsure of a repurchase...but man, the performance of this stuff is beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by jenniferashton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this stuff for makeup removal prior to cleansing. I don't know if it takes off waterproof mascara but it does a great job with the non-waterproof eye makeup that I wear. I like that it is the consistency of water therefore doesn't dry out or strip your skin (like alcohol containing toners may do) or leave any oily residue (like dual phase eye makeup removers will do). It just feels clean and that's what I like.

It's definitely pricey (the big bottle will like last ~ 3 months of daily use) so I'm sure I'll eventually stop repurchasing it if I find something cheaper that is as effective with the same consistency as the spa water. Right now though I can't think of anything so in my beauty stock it goes :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant at first to try this new watery makeup remover and actually held it under my sink, ignoring it for nearly a year before I pulled it out and tried it again. I use this only when I have cleansed my face with my oil cleanser and I still have a bit of dark makeup left. I soak a cotton ball with this water and hold it against my eye until the entire thing has been whipped clean. I have to say, after trying all this week, I'm quite impressed. This is a very good water makeup remover and it's not drying, irritating or hard to work with. That being said, I find it's ridiculously priced. This product is mostly water and glycerin, something you can easily buy in its pure form and mix it with water to achieve the same effects. This is why I wouldn't buy it again, I got mine in one of those beauty boxes and I'm enjoying it but as far as going in and dropping $40 on a bottle to do the same thing a makeup wipe can do for much less, I don't think so. But, reviewing as the actual product it's a great one, it does what it says it will do. So it's up to the consumer to weight out if it's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this at a discount on Hautelook and am wondering if it's old and thus less effective. Unlike other makeup removers that I've used I find myself having to do multiple swipes of this stuff. It also stings my eyes when I use it to remove eye makeup.

If this is standard performance of this stuff I have to say it is definitely not worth the hefty price tag.

I like my other KGD products so I am disappointed with the performance of this highly regarded cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by okidoki35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I prefer to clean my makeup off prior to using a cleanser. I bought the smaller size to try, and I find this product very effective. Since it's water-based, it doesn't leave your face feeling dried out, no having that film I normally get from using a cleansing oil (don't really matter at the end since if use a cleanser at the end). It probably won't replace your cleanser, but if there's that lazy day, at least swiping your face with this water will help you get most of your makeup off.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by lulululululu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is hard to believe what an amazing product this is. In a gentle way, this product is able to clean your face and remove stubborn makeup. Perfection!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

price: expensive
packaging: great, especially the large size with pump (wished it was EVEN larger)

i love how there is so scent to it. it feels so fresh and i feel so clean.

before jumping into the shower, i take one cottan pad and do 1 pump onto the cottan pad and remove my foundation/eye makeup- takes it off without feeling any stings or fragrances/chemical scent (i have extremely dry sensitive skin- mac, josie maran, biore makeup wipes all feel too overpowering in terms of scent and it stings my face)

after in the shower, i wash my face with foam cleanser, sometimes before that a milky makeup remover

after i get out of the shower, i use my hitachi crie and pump 1 pump onto cotton pad again and go over my face...

i really feel clean, but i dont know if im over cleaning my face (very paranoid with suncreen+foundation leaving residue)

overall, its easy to use, great for sensitive skin like me and i feel cleansed

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by princess2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my second bottle of Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water. It's my favorite overall makeup remover ever. It's pricey, but so worth it! This is some sort of miracle product because I can put it on a cotton pad and brush it over my eye and remove all my eye makeup. It doesn't sting at all and gets the makeup off. I can never find eye makeup remover that doesn't sting my eyes so this stuff is like liquid gold to me. I use it to take my makeup off before exfoliating as well. It doesn't smell to me and comes in a travel size or a bigger size. I love the travel size because it's more affordable. I can't imagine anyone not liking this except for the price. Despite the price tag I have to have this product in my life so I just repurchased 6 travel size backups to have on hand!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ridiculous.that's what I thought. But I bought some because I was low on bioderma. For the first time people say, what are you using because your skin looks amazing. Me, have amazing skin? I'm 40 with a history of cystic acne and rosacea. The only things I use are clarisonic machine with a dab of neutrogena every few days and this cleansing water. Random moisturizers and serum round out my skincare, when I remember to use them. So yeah, ridiculous expensive water that works. I bought because beauty look book said its good. She is reliable, that one. Anyways, now I have amazing skin. It makes me feel giddy. And thats worth more than any other makeup I can use. All I can say is, try it. It sounds unbelievable. I became a believer!