April 20, 2014 | 995 users online

Lipstick - Lime Crime - Mint To Be

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Abraxia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

After toying with the idea of buying this lipstick for the last year or so I finally took the plunge and decided that if I were going to try a pastel green lipstick, spring would be the perfect time to do it, especially since I'm extremely fond of lime crimes lipsticks.

I must say that this is probably the best outrageous color lipstick I have. I say that because it's incredibly flattering against my NC15 skintone. The lipstick itself is a bit thick and drying, even more so than the other lime crime lipsticks I own; but, I've found an easy fix for that is to exfoliate my lips with a little bit of sugar and to apply lip balm before putting this on. I also use too faceds lip primer as a base for this color to get full opacity in one swipe and to get it to not budge throughout the day.

I can get about three hours of wear out of this before I have to reapply which for the price is a little too often, that's why I'm knocking one lippy off.

As for packaging, it's adorable but I feel like the lid is a bit too flimsy. I worry a lot with lime crime lipsticks that if I put on the lid too quickly I'll get a crack down the middle, otherwise the lipstick packing apart from the lid is really stable and durable.

Will I repurchase? Of course! I love this color but it's definitely not an everyday color, so once I run out (if ever) I'll buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by CaradeBlush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I made the mistake of buying this lipstick. I saw the photos of lime crime and they looked so good on the model that i believed that i could actually pull green lipstick off, i was wrong of course! I then realized that Lime Crimes photos must be super photoshoped, or you have to have really light skin to wear them, I dont know but i know that this lipstick made my skin look off.

Lime Crime is definitely pigmented, you only need one coat and i loved the packaging, but it is just too difficult to wear. :/

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Bexicle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is like buying a Tinkerbell lipstick from ToysRus. The color payoff is great. It lasts <1 hour. Smells funky.
Lime Crime do not list their ingredients which weird me out a little too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by MegamiMoon

Wow, never in a million years did I imagine I would be purchasing a green lipstick. Ever since I laid eyes on Mint To Be, however, it became an obsession and after debating about it for months, I had to have it! I'm really glad I did because it's such a unique and novel part of my vast makeup collection. The color is a lovely, pastel mint-green that totally gives off a cool, vintage vibe. It has a sweet, vanilla-esque fragrance and had a thick, creamy texture. The color goes on a little bluer on the lips than how it looks in the tube, IMO, but is still very pretty. It takes a tiny bit of effort to get the color to apply evenly, but I really don't mind it so much because the result looks so rad. The lippy itself has good pigmentation and decent opacity with a true matte finish. The color tends to settle into the creases of my lips over time, but that's easily solved by gently pressing them together to even it out. All in all, I would definitely recommend Mint To Be for those who would are brave enough to venture outside of the box. The flaws are minor, IMO, and are easily forgiven because the color is so unique!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No