September 21, 2014 | 1293 users online

Lipstick - Shiseido - Perfect Rouge - RD514 Dragon

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by ComaGray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this lipstick. It feels good on, very creamy application. Great staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by hikari001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking to get my very first red lipstick for sometime and I want something that can compliment my warm Asian NC20-25 skin tone. After a lot of searching, I was going back and forth between RD415 'valentine' (red with yellow undertone) or the RD514 'dragon' (red with blue undertone). I can just get both but I was planning to only use it on special occasion so no point in getting two of them. I finally decided on the RD514 lipstick because I want that 'classic' deep red look and it is absolutely gorgeous. The pigmentation is so rich in this lipstick that is better applied using a lip brush, however, you can still apply straight from the tube if you wish. The texture is quiet creamy but my lips are dry in nature so I still have to use a balm on top of it. I can also use it as a stain and apply a sheer amount to get all kinds of different shades depending on the proportion that I use. The color fades evenly and does stain the lips so that it does not look too uneven once it has worn off. One thing that I noted is when I eat/drink, the lipstick closest to your mouth will fade and you will have to reapply to get the color even again. All in all it's still a very lovely lipstick and I don't regret buying it one bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by tatabyuti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best red shade lipstick like MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by stls

One of my favorite lipsticks. It stayed neglected for a long time because I was lured by Ruby Woo and Russian Red but now I rediscovered it. It's a creamy, beautiful neutral classic red, moisturizing, smooth and longlasting. Very comfortable on the lips. When Ruby Woo is too bright and Russian Red too drying Dragon comes to save the day. It's what Russian Red would look like if it was a tad darker with Amplified finish. Lovely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Greek ladies: a 2,5g sample of this is free with November's issue of Madame Figaro (choice of BE208-Baby or RD514-Dragon). For comparison, the full-size is 4g. Needless to say I grabbed both. No regrets!
It is a berry/burgundy/red colour which may seem too dark once applied but turns a lovely deep berry / red colour on me after about an hour of wear. It feels like cream when I apply it and also feels like cream while I wear it.
It reminds me very much of Dior's Rouge Dior 644 (you may see my relevant review), pretty much the same colour and sophisticated sheen, although Dragon is a little more matte. But unlike the Dior, this makes my teeth appear whiter. I never really believed this, but it happens! I wear it with a liner (Dior's 833), because it is quite intense and although creamy, it does not have the forgiving-creamy formula of my Dior, so Its line must be perfect. I find it very "serious" with a crisp line like that, so I use the lip pencil end of the lipliner to go feathery-soft around the lip and soften the line.
I do not experience the dryness I had with Shiseido's pencil-lipsticks (LC2 & LC10). I tried this with my lips sort of prepped with some balm I had put on them about 3 hours ago. I will still test it with "nude" lips, but I believe the result will be satisfying.
The only bad thing it has (hence 1 lippie down) is that it fades from the part of my lips closest to the inside of my mouth (the wet part) so I get this "naked" line that really shows. And if I accidentally lick my lips and remove the colour, then no pursing can get colour in the "licked off" area. It just won't stay. I have to re-apply or do some very funny moves with my lips to actually move some colour there.
I also like that there is no smell on this. I usually do not mind, but I feel better with a lipstick when it does not have a smell. I feel that it lets you judge it for its performance and not like its trying to hide something by being cute-smelling.
The packaging I cannot comment - I do not have the full-size lipstick. The sample comes in this unique-shaped black case that feels comfortable in the hand. For a sample, it clicks safely.
If I had not bought Dior's 644, I may have gone and bought this full-size on sales. As it is, I am more thrilled with the Dior. I strongly suggest you try this on and see for yourself, but remember to give it time for its colour to evolve.