December 18, 2014 | 1104 users online

Moisturizers - 100 Percent Pure - Brightening Night Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I think this balm is one of the most impressive products that I have ever seen. First of all, I use this primarily as an eye balm (which makes it much more cost-effective given the $35 price tag). Secondly, I have never seen anything else just wipe out the fine lines (that only I can see, of course) under my eyes. This moisturizes without feeling greasy in my opinion. Those who have purchased this balm thinking it is going to be a lightweight cream are very mistaken about what the texture should be. Balms such as L'Occitane's 95% Shea Butter and Ren's Mayday Mayday Rescue Balm have similar textures. This does look and come out of the jar grainy, but those grains dissipate and melt into a smooth, silky texture. The smell is a faint lemon smell. Despite the fact that this cream is potent, it does not irritate my eyes (unlike Juice Beauty's Nutrient Eye Cream that burns like the dickens). I have also used this on my face and I am pleased with the results. I cannot speak the the effect on skin discoloration yet as it is too early, but this definitely makes my eyes significantly brighter in the morning.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by evyyhl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with previous reviewers about the oily and greasiness of this balm. I have extremely sensitive and acne prone skin with very large pores that are easily clogged. I have some hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. I was hoping this balm would help lighten up the pigmentation.

Texture: This balm looks like a candle wax when you first open the jar. It's very hard to scoop out the content with your fingers. It feels very GRAINY when you try to rub it on our skin, but the grainy powders disappear after you rub them on your skin. I suspect these grainy powders might be kojic acid or extracts that have been added to the greasy butter, and they don't dissolve in the greasy butter.

Skin reaction: I didn't experience any bad burning or itching sensation with this balm. However, this balm is extremely greasy! It feels like you are rubbing solid butter on your face. My pores becomes clogged with large blackheads in 24 hours! After using it for more than 3 days, I started to have white heads on my cheeks. This balm is definitely NOT for Acne prone skin! I stopped using this balm due to the breakouts I have from this balm. I cannot comment on the skin brightening effect since I did not use it long enough.

I ended up using this balm as a body moisturizer. I always love 100% pure products, but this one is a HUGE disappointment for me! I'm only giving it 1 star and will not repurchase this product again!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by IrishMelody

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the most greasy and sticky lotion that I have ever used. I actually had to start sleeping with my hair pulled up or else it would all be stuck to my face. Unfortunately, it did clog my pores due to its thickness. It is extremely grainy - you really have to rub to make it even smooth out on your skin like a normal lotion would. It also did nothing to brighten my skin compared to other natural products I've used. Despite these factors, I do love how natural the product is. It has a very clean and crisp lemony citrus scent and no harsh ingredients. I will not be repurchasing this specific item, but I am definitely interested in trying other 100% Pure products.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Jenrae24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this! I normally use cocanut oil for my night cream but decided to try this out for awhile instead. For the first couple nights I used this, my skin felt amazon the next day. It feels great going on and I could see my skin tone looking more even and brighter within a couple days. It smells really nice and refreshing. I haven't broken out from this at all. The packaging is very nice too. The only thing wrong about it would be how small of an amount you get for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by savy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my moisturizer for last 6 months and I have tried many high end moisturizers over the last decade. The Brightening Balm from 100 % Pure is definitely worth the try. I stuck to it and saw results. I have extremely sensitive skin and have dry patches and this night balm has been helping me to keep my skin hyrdated and also provides a good base moisturizer for foundation application. I apply this, then the luminous primer from 100% pure and top it with a foundation. My skin has been glowing and not breaking out, which meets all my expectations.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

I bought this mainly because i have acne scars and uneven skin tone hoping this would fade those and brighten my skin. Well yes it did brighten my skin but its not strong enough for fading, but iv only been using this for about 3 weeks, so maybe if you used it way way longer it would, but i doubt it. As for moisturizing, for being an oily balm its actually just average on that. I have dry skin and this is just eh on moisturizing. This does clog you pores a bit and has caused some breakouts here and there but it wasn't terrible. But also this makes your skin feel really smooth and soft while on, but off my skin isnt anymore hydrated then it was before, so its nothing amazing in my opinion. Oh! as for packaging, its not my fav. either. i wish it was in a stick not a pot cause thats not hygienic.