Cliniderm Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover Cream

3.5

on 12/25/2013 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy Grail for me, I've been using this for years now. Many brands like Marcelle have irritated me, but this product is totally neutral and perfect on my eyes. I don't think it works well on heavy/waterproof makeup, but for me it's perfect because I only wear eyeshadow and liner. I will keep repurchasing until it's discontinued -- which I hope it never does! Highly recommended as long as you don't wear heavy eye makeup.

on 10/26/2011 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I received a sample of this to try when I was looking for a better eye makeup remover to remove some really tough waterproof mascaras. I didn't end up trying it until I had found an easier-to-remove mascara (also waterproof but not as stubborn), so I've only had the chance to test it on that. It definitely doesn't remove waterproof makeup as easily as my liquid removers, so I don't think it's aimed at waterproof makeup. I end up having to use another remover after I use this cream because there'll still be lots of mascara left stuck to the roots of my lashes when I wipe the cream away. And the liquids I've been using have been good at removing my current mascara on their own, so this has really just been an unnecessary extra step. Also, if this cream gets in your eyes (which it likely will from time to time), it really burns, even though it's fragrance-free and irritant-free and doesn't bother my skin at all (which I do appreciate, because some removers do irritate my sensitive skin around my eyes). I usually love Cliniderm products (their moisturizers are all my skin will tolerate), but overall, I just don't find this product works that well and will not be purchasing it in the future.