April 18, 2014 | 1351 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Cliniderm - Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by courtisane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use Cliniderm Soothing Cream daily on my face, and since I love the cream so much I thought i'd try the Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover Cream as well. And now I swear by this product, have been using it for years. My eyes and skin are so sensitive that many makeup removing brands (such as Marcelle) have irritated me, but this product is totally neutral and soft on my eyes. What the other user has said is true though, this does not work well on heavy/waterproof eye makeup, but since I don't wear mascara -- only eyeshadow and liner -- this is not an issue for me, and I will keep repurchasing until it gets discontinued -- which I hope it never does!! Highly recommended for sensitive eyes and people who wear light to moderate eye makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this to try when I was looking for a better eye makeup remover to remove some really tough waterproof mascaras. I didn't end up trying it until I had found an easier-to-remove mascara (also waterproof but not as stubborn), so I've only had the chance to test it on that. It definitely doesn't remove waterproof makeup as easily as my liquid removers, so I don't think it's aimed at waterproof makeup. I end up having to use another remover after I use this cream because there'll still be lots of mascara left stuck to the roots of my lashes when I wipe the cream away. And the liquids I've been using have been good at removing my current mascara on their own, so this has really just been an unnecessary extra step. Also, if this cream gets in your eyes (which it likely will from time to time), it really burns, even though it's fragrance-free and irritant-free and doesn't bother my skin at all (which I do appreciate, because some removers do irritate my sensitive skin around my eyes). I usually love Cliniderm products (their moisturizers are all my skin will tolerate), but overall, I just don't find this product works that well and will not be purchasing it in the future.