August 1, 2014 | 1780 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain - Dawn

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by xxch3yxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me first start of by saying this was not true to its color. It turned out to be a much darker maroon color than I expected. I was expecting a somewhat nude peachy color which it certainly is not. Also, the lip balm broke off the stick very easily, which seemed to be a common problem with this product, hence why I have packaging a somewhat low rating. This does last alot longer than normal lipstick, however, it doesn't last incredibly long. It faded faster than I would have guessed. I did end up liking the color even though it was not what I expected. If this was cheaper, i'd probably buy it again in a lighter shade just because I like it more than regular lipstick but the price is pretty high and I don't think the quality of the product matches the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Revlon's Just Bitten Lip Stain&Balm is a "unique 2-in-1 to give you a kiss proof color with a soft shine and nourishing balm for supreme comfort." Revlon offers a total of fifteen shades, this review is for the shade Dawn. I've previously reviewed one other color, Gothic. I had originally purchased this stain for my mum, but she wasn't a fan of the marker style applicator. The Just Bitten Lip Stain&Balm retails for betweeb $7-11, depending on where you buy them. I don't recall how much I paid for this lip stain, all I remember is that I bought it at Ulta. Revlon claims to not test on animals, but there's some controversy surrounding that claim, so please do your own research before buying Revlon products. This lip stain was made in America.
Revlon's Just Bitten Lip Stain&Balm looks like most other marker style lip stain. The tube's color matches that of the product. The product name, Revlon logo, and shade name are printed on the tube in silver lettering. On one end is a felt tip, rounded marker applicator with a double cap to prevent it from drying out. On the other end is a lip balm with a loosely attached cap. Now, almost everyone who's used the Just Bitten Lip Stain&Balm has complained that the balm end snapped right off. With my Gothic Just Bitten Lip Stain&Balm, the balm stayed in place no matter what. Not the case for Dawn, who's balm snapped off on the first use and is now lodged in the cap. Aside from that, I like the packaging, the marker tip stays moist and is easy to work with.
I'mma be honest, I feel really bad that I gave this product to my Mum. My Revlon Just Bitten Stain in Gothic is awesome and I expected Dawn to be just as good. Oh, was I wrong. I'm not sure if its the shade or if I bought a faulty product, but I have a really hard time getting this stain to perform well. First off, Dawn applies poorly, I need at least two layers for it to look remotely even, and even then its still obviously clinging to certain parts of my lips (exfoliating doesn't seem to help). While I don't find Revlon's lip stain to feel drying, it looks pretty dry on my lips. It'd be nice if I could apply the balm, but alas, its a mashed up mess. If I manage to apply the balm, it vastly improves the look of the lip stain, giving it a subtle sheen and evening out the appearance of the color. For a lip stain, Dawn has very short wear time, less than an hour. Reapplication is a pain because it makes the color that did stick around look even patchier. Revlon's Just Bitten Lip Stains have a mild fruity scent that does not transfer onto the lips. The balm is scentless and flavorless.
Dawn is a nice color, I think it looks pretty good on me. This shade is a neutral, kinda brownish pink. The color payoff is translucent, so it plays off your natural lip color. My lips are naturally pink and pigmented, so Dawn gives my lips a pretty, light red look, almost the color of a nice grapefruit. Its a shame that this stain doesn't work better, if it did I'd reach for it pretty often.
I'm not pleased with Revlon's Just Bitten Lip Stain&Balm in Dawn. I had high expectations for this lip stain, because I know other shades from the range are awesome. Dawn's lip balm snapped right off, rendering it useless. The stain applies in a blotchy manner, no matter what condition my lips are in. Wear time is poor, considerably shorter than any lip stain should last. The shade Dawn is really pretty, it gives my lips a fresh, soft red flush. Unfortunately, I find the finish unflattering. The Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stains+Balms can be hit or miss, so be careful when selecting your shade. My advice is to skip the shade Dawn, tempting as it may be.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by cec233

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a horrible product. The colour is much darker than the package (there was no tester so I couldn't try it out before buying), and the lip balm broke off at the base before I even open the cap. Plus it turns into a horribly dark colour on my lips. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by StarAstralis

I love the idea of a lip stain... minimal reapplying and long lasting color. Not so much with this one. I'm having to reapply not the balm, but the stain color quite often, even if I haven't been eating or drinking.
My lips are relatively pigmented, so Dawn looks darker on me which I'm okay with. I'm satisfied with the color, just not satisfied with the staying power.
I prefer the Just Bitten Kissable Stain/Balm over this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by SuziH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lip stains are, in my opinion, one of the greatest products to keep in my handbag and/or cosmetic bag at all times. That being said, Revlon's "Dawn" has been a fantastic color choice for me....I have a very VERY pale complexion with yellow undertones (my BF says my skin looks like milk with a little golden honey mixed in). Combined with my auburn hair, this reddish shade of stain harmonizes quite well. I tend to wear only a touch of liner and mascara on my upper lashes, so having a stronger lip shade does not seem too over-the-top. I receive many compliments from friends, but each one of them has said that the shade does not look the same on their lips as it does on mine. I think it's safe to say that this shade will perform differently on everyone, based on the underlying pigmentation of one's own lips as well as the natural pH causing an oxidizing effect. Mercifully, CVS and the like tend to have quite forgiving return policies, which allows us all to experiment and find colors best suited for us. My other favorite of the Revlon stains is called "Forbidden." I have purchased multiple tubes of both shades, wearing one or the other of them on a daily basis for years now. These stains tend to be more wearable when applied directly on clean and newly exfoliated lips and then topped with an application of Nivea Lip Balm (in the light blue or dark blue tubes), and I never use the balm that comes on the other end of the Revlon packaging. With this technique, the stain lasts me 4+ hours, then I reapply after lunchtime and don't have to reapply until after dinner. An added benefit is that I don't leave nasty lipstick smudges on drinking glasses, or on my son's forehead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This stain works well as a natural base for my darker red lipsticks. Instead of relying on a lip liner that might change the color my reds, I use this to keep the red lipsticks from bleeding. It creates a very natural looking deepening of my already pigmented lips. But I could see how anybody looking for a bright orange or coral lip stain would be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by AstridVue

I have very pigmented lips and Dawn's peachy-nude shade basically takes them about two shades darker. Very natural and very flattering. I also have very, very dry lips (I used to take Accutane and they've never returned to normal since - and it's been 10+ years) and while the stain stings a little when I apply it, the wonderful balm soothes any discomfort away. I took one lippie away for the stinging, though realistically the discomfort is only worth a half- or quarter-lippie. As with any lip stain, make sure your lips are well exfoliated before applying. to avoid accentuating any dry flakiness. Through an entire, sweltering Midwest summer day, I never had to reapply the color but I did reapply the gloss several times. But as I said before, I have dry lips anyway and reapplying lip balm is an all-day, second-nature thing. I probably even do it in my sleep. :) I highly recommend using a lip stain that comes with its own balm. When I tried applying my own lip moisturizer over the Cover Girl one, it ended up just taking off the color.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by avantistaf

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Dawn and thought it would be a coral light nude type color and it immediately went to A RED. I have never had a lipstick / stain be so off in color from the package. - read other reviewers who said the same thing.. Also, it GRABS and does not deposit color evenly and while I am older (50ish) than the 3 other reviewers who were 19-25 who SAID THE SAME thing, I now know its not me but the product. The balm is fair but so cheesy that it broke off in the cap 2 hours after I had bought the product. All in all, would never re-purchase one of these nor recommend it... I would not buy again as its really so meidocre and not at all worth $10. Try Buxom lips by Bare Esscentuals lip polish stick for a better deal.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by AhyKayGee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The color is nice and looks good on my lips. It last for a while and does "stain" your lips, however sometimes it takes a little while to make it dark enough to be noticeable. The balm on the end isn't bad but is similar average drugstore lip balms.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by umave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought it on sale for $6. Normal price is $9-$10. The color is buildable. I thought 'Dawn' would be a coral but it oxidized into a red. Packaging could definitely be better and more accurate with product color. I have not tested the staying power but a light coat survived throughout my dinner when tried at home. It does not seem to heavily dry out my lips - just keep a balm handy to moisturize. Would buy one more time to give it another try, but otherwise, not very impressed.