August 29, 2014 | 1699 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - NatureLuxe Gloss Balm - Spice

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Lifeasanicecube

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this on sale for $3.49, but I don't think I'd buy it at it's regular price.

Natureluxe lip balms are really underrated, in my opinion, but you really don't get very much for the price unless it's on sale.

My lips are pretty pigmented, so this looked like an orangey-darkish red on me, which I liked! The color is not very pigmented, but enough so it's office-friendly or great for a neutral look.

I would buy this again, just to have a nice tinted lip balm with me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this when I was first starting to get back into wearing makeup, after several years of going au naturale. I was looking for something subtle yet warming/brightening, and kind to my non-lipstick-accustomed lips. I didn't want it to be immediately obvious that I was wearing makeup, and yet still have a little boost of color. And that's exactly what I got! The color is a warm, brick-like red that just barely accents my (already pigmented, but not highly pigmented) lips.

However, the key word here is "barely." It's a very subtle shade that requires several swipes to make any kind of appreciable difference, which is a shame, because I love the color, and wish it was stronger. These days, I reach for it when I'm going for a super-understated, barely-there look, but mostly, I now favor more pigmented lip tints/balms, because building this one up to noticeable levels can be kind of a pain.

No complaints on the technical side. The mint-green packaging with its leaf design is cute, the lid is clear (thus allowing you to see the actual color of what you're getting - a must-have design element for me), and, when completely screwed down, there's no danger of nicking the edge with the cap. The formula is nice and light on my lips - while hardly all-day wear, it lasts a decent amount of time, and while I don't find myself going "oh, my lips feel so smooth and moisturized! *swoon*," I don't notice any unusual cracking or drying. It wears off evenly (although, as mentioned above, it's often so light that it's hard to determine whether it *has* rubbed off or not), and without settling into the cracks or corners of my mouth, or worse, the goopy buildup that some other balms wind up as.

Final verdict: although I don't *dis*like this product, and I'm definitely keeping it in my makeup bag while it lasts, I don't think I'll be repurchasing - not enough pigmentation for the price ($7-$8 at a drugstore). It comes highly recommended for those looking for a super-subtle red that doesn't murder your lips, though!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by renemy

I really wanted to like this. I love the slim green tube, and the greenwashed marketing. I am meh about the candy sweet scent, the sheer warm, red tint with minimal sparkles, and the tube that doesn't roll down past the top of the plastic.
What I really don't like is that *feeling* of waxy "stuff" on your lips. And surprisingly, for something that doesn't let your lips breathe, it really dries them out. Puzzling product. No good.