Nuance by Salma Hayek Oxygen Activated Foaming Face Wash

3.9

Water (Aqua), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methyl Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isonanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Phospholipids, Cordyceps Sinensis Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Albizia Julibrissin Bark Extract, Opuntia Ficus Indica Stem Extract, Physalis Angulata Extract, Agave Tequilana Leaf Extract, Sea Water (Maris Aqua), Fragrance [Parfum) Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone Violet 2 (CI 60730), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 1/25/2014 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE this STUFF!!! I decided to pick it up one day at CVS as it was on clearance for only 3.79! I had never heard of Naunce on the line before but considering it was cheap and had such a nice packaging, I decided to give it a try.
So that very night, I was my face with it, mind you my face was having a mild breakout as I had ran out of my facial cleanser, and had delayed going to purchase a new one. Anyways, the next morning, I wake up look at my face and majority of them had shriveled up, or practically disappeared!! I was floored!!
I have used MANY face wash and other products but this even beats Proactiv in my eyes and I pay 100$ for that just for a 90 day supply. I have been using this product for a good month now and it is not even to the half way mark yet. Mind you, I am a MAC makeup user as well, and this stuff washes it all off after a few good scrubs! I am very pleased!!

on 9/24/2013 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This was slightly less fragranced than the Nuance chamomile cleanser and I enjoyed the foaming action. I did not enjoy that I had to shake the bejeesus out of the bottle every night and that I had to rinse my face for 7 minutes to remove the foam. I also found the cleanser drying so not really the best for a dry to normal skin type.

I don't get the hype. It reminded me of hand soap, only more work.

I paid 13 dollars for this little bottle of cleanser. I know that sounds pretty reasonable but I used it for a week to try, maybe every third day at night. A third of the bottle was already gone when I decided that the cleanser was not for my skin type. When you look at Kiel's Ultra cleanser it only costs 20 dollars and it lasts for months. Math is not my strong suit but even I can figure out this is not that great of a deal.

on 6/8/2013 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a great product! I have re-purchased since I first tried it months ago. My skin is combination and sensitive with rosacea so there are few products that work well for me.

You don't need lots of product as this foams up very nicely. I love to use it in the shower -- I keep it on while I while I shampoo my hair. My skin always feels soft and clean and never irritated.

Very reasonably priced, even without using BOGO, extrabucks and coupons.

I just don't see the point of paying HE prices when this works so well. I haven't disliked anything I've tried so far in her skin, hair or body care lines. The lipsticks IMO were not highly pigmented/too sheer for my taste, so I returned them but the lip glosses in the tube are the bomb!

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I love me some foam! I've been lusting after this product ever since I saw videos online of how foamy this gets... it took two pumps for me to get to super-foam status, but I think it's just cause we have hard water in our area.

It smells really light, and I can't really smell much once I'm done rinsing off. It takes off the majority of the gunk I have on my face so that there is hardly anything left on my toner-soaked facial pad. Doesn't irritate my eyes.

It's not HG status for me, I reserve that for my CeraVe cleanser. But it's nice for when I just want to use my hands to wash and when I'm feeling too lazy/impatient to use the Clarisonic brush. I bought this from a BOGO 1/2 off sale and if you load up with coupons you can get a really great deal on this from CVS.

on 2/17/2013 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I so wanted to love this after reading all the great reviews. Sadly, this cleanser was horrible on my skin. It was the most fun I've had, I think, ever washing my face. One little squirt and you get insane foaming action. It cleans makeup off very well and leaves the skin feeling clean. For me, however, my skin became red, itchy and irritated as well, leading to small clusters of breakouts. To be fair, I have very sensitive, allergy-prone skin. Most people won't react the way I did, but I just wanted to throw my opinion out there for those with my skin type. All in all, I say it's worth a try just for the wonderful foaming experience!

on 11/4/2012 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I normally use clinque bar soap for oily skin, i love it because it lasts such a long time and is very affordable, however it really burns my eyes BAD.. im not one to use a seperate eye makeup remover.. i want something done in one step, easy and in a hurry with good results. Wala I found it with this line of products... I started out with the face wipes, reviews have said they are small, but if you give them a soft stretch it works.. i just felt like my face wasnt clean using just them, so i looked up the reviews on the oxygen activated face wash... went to go buy it at cvs and sure enough they were sold out.. the lady said they cant keep it in stock.. she told me the day the truck would be there and i got some and OMG I AM IN LOVE.. you only need a drop, it foams up so nice, doesnt burn your eyes leaves your skin so soft, removes every ounce of makeup.. i just cant say enough about this womans line of products,, her hair care is amazing too.... would love to see if she had a perfume out... if she does i have not seen it.. lol

on 10/3/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I love this gel cleanser. I'm a big fan of foaming cleansers but my face is not (normal-to-dry). This one caused minimal tightness of the face after using it. What I do in the summertime is mix one pump of this cleanser with the Nuance cream cleanser. Voila, the perfect cleanser for me. This cleanser ($12.99 for 3 oz) is a bit more than the cream cleanser ($8.99 for 4 oz). The foaming wash lasts me a while since I use very little. The pump bottle is great but a lot of product tends to clump up around the dispenser opening. The wash is a lightweight mousse which produces a ton of lather (yea) and rinses off clean. The scent is of a light citrus floral. It gives a refreshing effect in the morning or after a workout.

on 4/14/2012 3:30:00 PM

I reallllllyyyy love this cleanser! Its my first oxygenating cleanser, and I have to say its awesome! After lathering for a while, it feels like shaving gel, and it leaves my skin so soft and smooth. I find the scent gentle and pleasing, not overpowering. It didnt seem to break out my face, which is a huge plus. It seemed to lessen the redness i had due to my acne though

on 4/14/2012 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this due to hype regarding oxygenated products being good for acne prone skin. I like this product but I don't know if I love this product.

It does foam up really nicely. It smells nice without being overbearing. It doesn't remove makeup but it doesn't claim to be a makeup remover. I don't know if it firms like it claims but I didn't buy it for that. I don't know if the oxygen brightens my skin or not but it doesn't break me out. The cleanser doesn't strip my skin so I like to use it in the morning to wake myself up.

I'm on my second bottle so I guess I can make a better review then.

on 4/5/2012 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this cleanser. I like the foaming action. I like that my skin feels cleaned but not stripped after using it. I like that it soothes my cranky skin. I even like the packaging and the way it smells. What's freaking me out about it is that every time I use it on my eyes my eyelashes shed. Like a lot. Like enough that it's scaring me a little. If I don't use this around my eyes, then everything is groovy. So I really want to have this be an H.G. for me, and I really do think it's a great cleanser (especially for a drugstore brand), but I just can't.