August 29, 2014 | 1703 users online

Moisturizers - Derma E - Very Clear Problem Skin Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by dalilaha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff, like everything else in the Derma E line that I've tried (Very Clear Cleanser & Very Clear Spot Treatment) is just okay. This product smells soooo weird and does not absorb easily. I don't like it and will not be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by HelloMichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG moisturizer. I use this daily and nightly and it works very well to keep my skin clear and less oily. In the mornings I tend to use a pea sized amount all over face and neck since it's so thick and creamy. It does not pill under my facial chemical sunscreen. At night I used two pea sized amounts over my BP acne treatment. It's a bit pricey, but I'm very lucky that I can find this at my local supermarket for about $12. Two problems I can see that would deter others is the strong tea tree smell, which I personally find very lovely and refreshing, and the unhygenic tub packaging. I suggest washing hands before use to prevent introduction of bacteria OR cotton swabs to apply to face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Bought for my teen daughter, this is best used as a night cream as it leaves a slight film on the skin. It really reeks of tea tree which she personally doesn't mind but others might. With lots of natural ingredients, it really does help reduce spots and marks and leaves the skin soft and hydrated. To me, the packaging is annoyingly basic and flimsy and I suppose if it works it shouldn't matter, but in the UK it's on the expensive side for a product with such basic packaging so I'm dropping a lippie for that and the fact it's not ideal for daytime use. UPDATE: despite its drawbacks, this cream is great used over a light nourishing moisturiser on a night, when my skin is particularly bad (hormonal acne, rosacea etc.). I even slap it on over salicylic acid and retinol cream once they've sunk in for an extra boost and I can always see a difference the next morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Yogigirl6187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have gone through so many of these I absolutely will not use anything else. I have oily, acne prone skin so this makes my skin look presentable by balancing out my oils and preventing breakouts. I love the tea tree smell its so relaxing and refreshing. This stuff is perfect don't ever discontinue or idk what I'd do. Derma e is my favorite and most trusted brand. Their products are all natural and gluten free so I repurchase over and over.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Natural ingredients. Trusted brand. This does wonders for some.

CONS: The smell is horrid. My teens' acne was increased with this.

ALTERNATES:: My teens' acne did better with having Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer or Clean & Clear Acne Control Moisturizer for preventing flakes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by maggiealisa

I like this stuff. I had been looking for a good moisturizer that didn't contain any bad chemicals, and that would also help with my occasional acne. I use pure tea tree oil all the time on my face and it really helps, so the main reason I bought this was because of the tea tree oil in it. This product feels really nice on my skin. It isn't greasy or sticky at all to me, and I'm usually pretty weird about what I put on my face. I got this from Ulta for about $17. I think it will last for at least six months. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by editanazaryan

Ladies and Gentlemen if you have problem skin such as ACNE or the usual breakouts this is for you!! I never review a product until I give thr product a fair chance. My skin has never looked better. I'm still in shock. I seriously have tried everything possible for my problem skin. It really looks amazing now. I have oily/combination skin. This balanced me out perfectly. I apply this product with a cotton pad and love love love it! Never ever going without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by tinytlf

I really love this product! The entire time I used this moisturizer I did not have a single outbreak which says a lot because I have acne-prone skin. The small tub lasted about 3-4 months. As many have stated a drawback is in the fact that you have put your finger in the tub to get out the product but I think that is a small price to pay for something that works. Also, this moisturizer ran me for about $20 at Whole Foods...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by mercedes99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am on the fence with this product. I'll start with what my skin is like: I could literally count on one hand how many zits I had had in my life when I lived in the northwest. Makeup wasn't a necessity for me, but I wore it most of the time simply because I love it and also worked as an MA. Flash forward a few years. I'm nearly 25 and living in Phoenix. Between the poor air quality and pollution, poor tap water quality (which I wash my face with), the HEAT, and the stress of "being an adult", my skin took a 180 - luckily, I just know how to cover it up really well. Now, my skin always is much different. My pores are small, but the pores on my nose are always clogged and if I squeeze them white stuff always comes out. They aren't noticeable unless you're looking at them closely, or the occaisional super clogged pore or blackhead or zit is noticeable - sometimes all of the above are present. My forehead also has small pores, with the occasional dark clogged pore and/or zit. I'm beginning to get small blackheads and zits on my cheeks now, and my hairline is very prone to zits, white/black heads, and clogged pores. But lately, my chin and jawline has been the worst. My chin is an endless sea of small, clogged pores, much like my nose, with the occaisional blackhead or clogged pore present. On my jawline, I get big whiteheads (often raised), but small blackheads. Since moving to Arizona, I have even developed cystic acne, estimating about 15-20 cystic zits a year, that rarely surface to a white 'head' and are raised, red, and painful. Certain times of the year my skin is fine; other times it is a complete mess, like right now (and as I described above). It's unusual and frustrating. I don't like to use chemicals on my skin - especially my face, as it's so sensitive - so when my skin breaks out like this, I am always willing to give products like this a try. I will begin with what I like about this product: the refreshing tea tree oil scent (which tingles ever-so-slightly, but isn't uncomfortable), and the light texture. I was surprised at how easily it absorbed into my skin. I know tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and can help eith healing and preventing acne. With that said, onto it's cons. The first problem with this product is the packaging. It is aesthetically pleasing and cute, but functionally, the container it comes in is a disaster. It comes in a small, round, plastic (recyclable, which is a pro to the con) jar. This is a fail for a huge obvious reason - it is UNSANITARY, and particularly a risk for those who have sensitive or acne-prone skin - which is the target consumer for this product. The jar also poses a spilling hazard for clumsy people (such as myself), where once again, your product gets contaminated and isn't fit for use if it has been on the bathroom counter or floor. I could also see this bad boy taking a dive off of my bathroom counter with the lid not on (or cracking off in the process) and ending up all over the floor/counter/walls/sink etc. in the process.

I've been using this product about two weeks. First my skin got worse, which I figured was just it purging out chemicals, dirt, toxins, and who knows what else. Then, my skin began to clear up. My husband and I both noticed. After a few days, though, my acne was coming back, and with a vengeance. I can't remember if I hadn't been using the product as diligently, if it was purging MORE toxins out of my skin, or if my skin simply doesn't like it. It also seemed to be a bit drying on some spots of my skin, so I use it just once a day now rather than twice. I also found that by using it under makeup doesn't work very well either, because the product tends to "ball" up when foundation is applied over it - even powdered mineral foundations... Just another reason to use it once a day rather than two. I am frustrated that my skin is worse than it was before I started using this lotion about two weeks ago, but if they were just deep down in my skin and were going to surface eventually, I'd rather just get them out.... Same goes with toxins, chemicals, or any other nasty things that could be lurking beneath my skin. If this cream is purging the nasties out - like I hope and think it is - then this will be worth it and this product would make a wonderful night cream for the times of the year my skin decides to act up. On the other hand, if this is causing me to break out, this product will be a big disappointment on several different levels. I have decided to give it at least a month before giving up entirely. I want very much to like this product, and even more for it to clear my moody skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by lady_muimui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was an alright moisturizer, but I like their Tea Tree Oil+Vitamin E cream better. I have acne-prone, combo skin that is dehydrated in most areas, while oily on the T-zone, so this wasn't too moisturizing for me. I don't like the packaging. I wish it came in a bottle, because I find that, especially for those of us with acne, it is really unsanitary to stick your hand in a jar, even though your hands should be washed prior to touching the face. The smell is a typical tea tree smell, which takes a while to get used to, but I've been using tea tree oil for a long time, so it doesn't phase me.