Sephora Charlotte Ronson for Sephora A Perfect Mess

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I only got this because it was on sale at Sephora for $10 at the time, and I'm so glad I did! When I asked the worker helping me at the time about it, she said it was good, but was totally trying to sell me the way more expensive bumble and bumble sea salt spray. I've never really used that one, but I will tell you for how much I purchased this stuff, it was a much better bargain than the bumble and bumble! Anyways, I apply this after curling and it just makes my hair look so much more natural and it really does its job of making my hair look like a perfectly tamed beach hair. I also like the smell, which I know is not everyone's cup of tea because it can smell a little buttery, but I personally like it.
The only reason I didn't give it 5 is for the sake of other people. If you have straight, fine hair, I can almost assure you this won't do as well of a job as people with thick, coarse hair. My best friend who has super slick straight hair tried it and it really just made her hair look wet and heavy. The product needs more hair to really do wonders. Overall pretty great product!

on 6/20/2013 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My hair is oily and fine so I use beach sprays for volumizing and to keep my hair looking a bit more dried out throughout the day. I use Biosilk Beach Texture and wanted to try this because it had good reviews so I bought it from Sephora and I was super excited. Well I LOVE the smell but it didn't do anything for my hair except make it oilier throughout the day. The one thing I wanted the salt sprays to help!!! I will keep it and spray it occasionally on my ends just for the smell, but I can't actually use it all over my hair because it just makes it oilier for me. I won't repurchase, especially not for regular price.

I have gone through two bottles of this so far and I have two full bottles in my cabinet waiting to go. I have fine, wavy hair that curls a bit. I air dry my air and when I do I often use this and nothing else. It helps hold my waves and curls and gives fullness to my hair. It's e pensive but a little bit goes a long way.

Great product. Smell is similar to suntan lotion but better - will absolutely remind you of summer. I even use this on dry hair that is curled, and it gives it more bounce and wave. Though pricey, around $20 at Sephora, I would definitely buy it again.

on 10/23/2011 11:59:00 PM

Unusually effective, fun styling product, that works to perfection to achieve that slightly messy, cool look.
Does what Dirt was supposed to do, only way better.
Pricey, but worth it in my book. Love her entire line for Sephora, as a matter of fact.

Popular Styling Products