October 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Polishes - OPI - Excuse Moi

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a delicious, blingy, raspberry red-pink jelly filled with multi-coloured glitter. It does Miss Piggy proud.

I normally have a lot of trouble wearing pinks (clothes, blush, lipstick, nail polish, you name it) because my complexion is very fair and cool-toned, but this totally works for me. One coat is fairly sheer, pinky-raspberry, but blingy. Two coats is acceptably opaque but much richer in colour, becoming a nice, medium berry colour, and, yes, full of glittery goodness. I'm not sure what about this makes it work for me, but maybe it's the berry colour, which makes it lean decidedly cool? Whatever it is, I'm always delighted to find a pink that works, and I always love a nice, glittery polish, so this is totally win-win.

Removal is typical for a glitter polish, in that it's a pain in the neck and a bit of a hassle, but this isn't the worst glitter polish I've ever worn in that regard. It's sort of medium-level annoyance on the scale of troublesome glitter polish removal.

So, really pleased with this one (much better than "Gettin' Miss Piggy With It", IMHO), and very happy I gave it a try (despite my deep distrust of pink polishes; when they work, I love them!). In fact, I like it so much I bought a backup bottle!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by SomersetBec

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore OPI polishes and own around 20, but this is hands down the worst polish I've ever tried! Didn't last half a day before it started chipping off in big lumps.
It looks soooooo pretty in the bottle, such a shame it was a total waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a present for Christmas and didn't try it for about 3-4 months later. I liked it but it just seemed like every other sparkly glitter pink nail polish I own. But when I tried it boy was I wrong - this is beautiful!!! The base coat is very pigmented so you don't have to wear anything underneath. The glitter is small and somewhat multicoloured but not as in your face was "Rainbow Connection". 2 coats of this is all you need and it looks amazing as a manicure or a pedicure (I'm wearing this on my toes right now!)

As with all OPI nail polishes the brush is amazing! But because of the glitter and thick consistency, this doesn't last very long without chipping even with a top coat. I find that with almost all glitter nail polishes so I just retouch until its time to repaint my nails.

I chose no to repurchase because it was limited edition and getting your hands on a bottle wouldn't be very easy now (its over a year ago since it was released). If it was part of their permanent line it is something I would repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by HOPI87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this polish and I must say I AM IN LOVE WITH IT! I always have a glitter accent nail and this works perfectly with just about any nail color paired with it. It's simply gorgeous, a must have for glitter lovers!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by FloozieKitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Excuse Moi is from the 2011 Muppets collection which was released for the Christmas Holidays. The collection has plenty of bling for party nails and I adore it! I have most of the polishes from this collection.

Although there are 6 glitters in this collection, EM is different to the other 5. Firstly, it has a coloured base - a beautiful strawberry/raspberry jelly. Secondly, the glitter is not large foil chunks like the others - but tiny mutlcolours that look like little sprinkes on a cupcake. Glitter particles include pink, blue, green and gold....
Even with the coloured base coat - for this to look it's best you still need about 3 coats. But it is soooooo super pretty.

As with all glitters EM is brittle and therefore prone to chipping, but this is not a problem for me as it is easy to patch up. I just carry the bottle in my hand bag just in case. If you like to wear polish for a few days and can not be bothered to do this then this may not be for you.

One thing I did notice about EM - it seems to be slightly easier than other glitters to remove (but still a bit of a pain).

I have scored this one a 5 as it really is a stunner and I just love the berry jelly base..A good year round polish.
Yes I would buy it again (if it can still be found) I think there are still bottles out there - but maybe not for much longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by beautyprincess303

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got so excited when I saw the Muppets collection in the store and so I just HAD to buy them!! I think out of all of them, Excuse Moi is my 2nd favourite, only because of the rough feeling it has once dry. I think the colour is a great one and I adore the shimmer it has!! I would buy this product again, but I wish it would have a smoother feel (without a top coat) so that I could give it a higher rating.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by loriann52

Absolutely gorgeous glitter polish. Kind of like a jelly polish, but this one actually gets opaque. Only needed two coats, and it was gorgeous! Only problem was, as is with most glitter polishes, is that it chips fairly easily. I'd still recommend though- just use a very good top coat and base coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by beanybell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This polish appeared in my stocking on Christmas morning,much to my delight. I planned to wear it for New Year's, sinced it seemed to be such a "party colour" in the bottle. I took off my previous polish (China Glaze Twinkle Lights, in case you were wondering) and put one coat. My heart sank at how sheer it was. The pinky base barely showed up, and the multicolored glitter was sparse. As I waited for coat one to dry, I debated taking it off, but decided to give it a chance. As I applied coat two, I gasped. With just another layer of polish, the base turned completely opaque and my nails were covered in sparkly goodness. As for lasting power, I put about three coats of top coat to get rid of the grittiness that glitter nail polishes have. It lasted about three days and then just one chip appeared, so good lasting power, although if you didn't use a top coat, I'm not sure how long it would last. As for removal, this polish was a little trickier to remove than other glitter polishes I own. Using the tin foil method, I had to leave it on a bit longer than usual, and even then, little pieces of glitter remained.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by gblanton7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product looking for something pretty to wear for the holidays and a good quality product that would last. I'm kinda disappointed the nail polish is so pretty on but it chipped in less then 24 hours of putting it on and i touched it up and it chipped within hours of that. it was my day off so i wasn't doing anything that would make it chip and for $8.50 a bottle i definitely should be able to get more than a day out of it, guess it's going back to ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by stephaniegoesgrr

I love this glitter polish! As you can read by other reviewers, this is a pinkish red base with different sized flex of green, gold, orange, pink, silver and red glitter. While it is eye catching it is not obnoxious. And thanks to the fine glitter and the colored base, it is completely clear in 2 coats. It also has a relatively smooth texture compared to other glitter polishes. it wears nicely. I got 5 days without major chipping. On my nails it is a very versatile color. I am always changing my nail color every 2 days. I get bored or feel like my outfit clashes. However, I have been wearing this non stop since I got it (about 2 weeks). I just can't stop reaching for it. When I bought it I felt like It would be great for spring and summer and I am still excited to wear this in the warmer months. But its also a good option for people that want a non vampy option for the holidays.