Neutrogena Ultra gentle soothing lotion SPF 15

3.4

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Glycerin, Arachidyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cetearyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Benzyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Behenyl Alcohol, Steareth 2, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Steareth 21, Polyacrylamide, Arachidyl Glucoside, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Chlorphenisen, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Propylparaben, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Ethylparaben, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Sarcosine, Laureth 7, Artemisia Abrotanum Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Potassium Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate, Codium Tomentosum Extract

on 8/8/2013 2:03:00 AM

Ok, well I have been using this moisturizer for about a year. It has worked really well at keeping the unwanted redness away. I agree with some of the other reviewers as far as the smell being strong, but I guess I'm not that concerned since it isn't unpleasant. My boyfriend loves the smell and so does my 4 year old, lol. It does a little bit of a shine.. But I think it's what makes it work because, for me, at least I get red skin particularly when it is dry.. So the shine is kind of like a welcomed annoyance.. Lol, I love this product regardless of some of the minor downfalls. It's my one & only moisturizer I go to for my face. I recommend it for dry/ irritated/ ruddy skin. Good luck!

on 6/26/2013 11:17:00 AM

This is a good moisturizer for sensitive skin. I have fairly sensitive combo skin, and this was great for moisturizing and making my skin soft. It also didn't irritate it. The only problem I saw with this for my combo skin was that halfway through the day I have to use blotting papers or my face is an oil slick. Because it's summer now, I switched to a mattifying moisturizer, but I noticed that my skin redness has gone up substantially since I stopped using the Neutrogena. I have discovered the best thing about this moisturizer is that it reduces redness really well. I would definitely repurchase as a moisturizer for fall/winter.

on 5/20/2013 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product, so I've been using it for about 3 weeks. I cannot keep using it. The scent is really strong (why would they even add a fragrance to a lotion for sensitive skin?!). The lotion doesn't seem to really skin into my skin, and also has caused me to break out. It has calmed a bit of redness, but that one benefit is overshadowed by it's flaws.

on 4/3/2013 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this product.
It hasn't broken me out and I have no troubles wearing it under my makeup. It doesn't remove redness but it overall evens out the skin-tone a bit. The scent doesn't bother me but others with sensitive skin probably should not get this product.

on 12/28/2012 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Finally, an SPF lotion that doesn't make my skin look worse or like a shiny oil slick. Just soft, moisturized skin with the uva/uvb protection I've been searching for without the shiny after effect. It actually helps get rid of the slight pink tones/uneven skin tones that made me feel like I have to wear some sort of mineral powder. THANK GOD I found this!!!!

on 12/25/2012 9:34:00 PM

I'm pretty surprised about all the negative reviews on this product. I would say safely that I hate every Neutrogena product EXCEPT this one...I really feel like it made my skin less irritable and moisturized well. My skin is very sensitive and this is great for me in the winter.

I have used Kinerase for years, and more recently their Photofacials daytime moisturizer with SPF. I ran out and it's hard to find now, so I thought I would try this product. I have very sensitive skin, and use Atralin at night with Obagi Blender, followed by CeraVe PM.

When I used it for the first time I was surprised that it was fragranced--and not mildly so. The smell was in fact very strong. My skin looked good for the first few hours, although I noticed that my lips and nose were itchy (I assume from the fragrance). By mid-afternoon my skin broke out. Some pretty nasty blemishes.

I went back to using some Kinerase samples that I had and gave my face some time to recover. Just in case it was a coincidence, I used this product again. Same reaction--itchy nose and lips, followed by itchy eyes, followed by big breakout, all in the course of one day. I am going to try to get Kinerase Photofacials again, but in the meantime I bought CeraVe with SPF for day.

I think fragrance is a big culprit here. Very disappointing.

on 8/25/2012 8:42:00 PM

Complete fail for Neutrogena imo. This is finally the one and only spf, especially drug store product, that hasnt broken me out and loved the texture but the SPF is unstable and my main reason for purchasing. Makes absoltuely no sense to me. Higher spfs all breka me out and leave me greasy and the lower spfs aren't stable. A completley and utter challenge/waste of time for those of us with super fussy breakout prone skin hence my throwing in the towel for spf at the moment. If only this one had been stable!

on 7/2/2012 7:35:00 PM

I don't actually use this for my face - I use it as a body sunscreen on days when I'm out running errands and want a little protection from the sun. This is the sunscreen I've been looking for for years - it's a true lotion that happens to have sunscreen built in. As a lotion, it sinks into the skin and doesn't leave the telltale greasiness of sunscreen. It also applies very smoothly. I can't speak for the sensitive skin feature of this sunscreen since I don't use it consistently.

on 7/2/2012 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is currently my favorite drugstore facial moisturizer. I have been using it for well over a month now--since sometime this spring. I used to rotate a few different lotions/creams for daytime, but haven't done that since I started using this lotion--and only THIS lotion! ;)
I will admit that I do not consider my skin to be extremely sensitive--more like mildly, maybe? Anyway, I love the way this lotion glides on my skin and softens it without irritation. I personally find it very mild, easy, and pleasant to use!