August 30, 2014 | 1705 users online

Foundations - Sisley - Skinle˙a

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the Sisley sales associate gave me a few generous samples of this. I was quite disappointed in this. it's an ok foundation, but for the price, I was expecting a much nicer finish. comparing it to the phyto oil free foundation I found the skinleya one to be less luminous, and did not cover my pores as much. it did cover my imperfections slightly better than the phyto one, but the phyto one can be layered. I wasn't crazy about the smell either. it kinda smelled like Chinese medicine for stomach aches. im not sure about the antiaging ability since I only used it for a few weeks. some reviewers say it's the method of applying this foundation that makes the difference, so I bought a brush online and am currently waiting for it to arrive. but if that is the case, the Sisley's SA should have mentioned what a difference it would have made. sucks that the samples don't also come with a brush, if it really makes that big of a difference. I will update my results once ive tried application with a brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by lmande

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was anxious to try this insanely expensive makeup. I got a bit of a deal on ebay but it was still very pricey. After some experimenting I finally got this to work. It comes with a very nice foundation brush but I wasn't crazy about how the makeup looked.even with careful blending. I could see the makeup on my face and didn't like how it settled in pores. I also tried applying it with my fingers. Not happy with that either. Finally I used a damp beauty blender sponge and that worked best. I also used a primer - Clarins instant touch. Those 2 things produced the best result. If I were to buy another Sisley makeup it would be the oil free phyto-teint eclat. It is a far superior makeup and it is perfection which also happens to be about $70 cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by tess7128

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree that the Capture Totale foundation is much much much better than this one. I don't have bad skin, enlarged pores , etc, but this foundation sits in the pores and looks absolutely awful ! I like and use a lot of sisley skincare products and love them, I thought this foundation will be better for people after 40. Unfortunately it does nothing, for me it looks like bad quality tinted moisturiser. It's a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Anciuca

I haven't wrote any reviews in the last years, but this foundation is so wonderfull that I can't understand why all the bad reviews?In the last five or six years I've used La Prairie's Caviar foundation wich is perfect.But Skinleya is more than perfect! It is more than a simple foundation and it's very different than everything I have ever tried! At first it was a little difficult to apply it and I belive that this is the reason for all the negative reviews.But if you'll take time to gently apply it ,with light and short strokes using the provided brush ,you will find that this foundation is amazing! It has a beautifull coverage ,sheer but somehow perfect that I don't need any concealer.The skin looks rested , perfectly natural, flawless and glowy, and you only need a very small amount to cover your entire face.Try it and you will find this foundation amazing!(sorry for my bad English)
Update:I'm at my second jar and I can now understand the bad reviews.IT'S ALL IN THE APPLICATION METHOD!The result can be horrible or wonderfull,it all depends on how you apply it! It can look horrible if you:apply it with the fingers,overapply it(it will settle on top and peel off),blend it in all directions,use to much product(it will look thick and a bit cakey).And it will look wonderfull if you:apply it gently with a brush,use little by little product,apply it in only one direction,apply only one thin layer(maximum two!),use light downwards strokes starting in the middle and blending outwards.This foundation is not buildable,it can't be layered !If you do that and overapply it will settle into pores and look awfull! You need to apply a thin and continous layer of foundation.I know that it sounds hard to do ,but once you get it it's in fact very eassy!You just need to forget the way that you used to apply your foundation and learn a new way,because this great product is not like anything I've tryed before. If you will take your time to apply this carefully you will be amazed by the result!
I hope that my review will be helpful because I find it very unfair that such a great product gets bad reviews from people that just tryed a sample and applyed it in a wrong way!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Svatka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good for my dry skin and especially for the winter, a very similar consistency as a toning balm from Bobi Brown, coverage is very mild.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by mrsminniver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Very disappointed with this foundation. Was on Christian Dior Capture Totale foundation which is an exceptional product for those looking for anti aging products. What initally swayed me to buy Sisley was because when I initially applied the tester on the back of one hand (the other I applied with Capture Totale again just to be sure), texture felt lighter with Sisley and coverage was comparable to Dior's foundation. Great I thought, plus colour was more accurate to my skin shade than Dior's foundation. Decision made, or so I thought.

Unfortunately, the effects of the foundation is not lasting. It does dry on the skin after an hour and with my dry skin in winter, laugh lines from eyes to cheeks get enhanced...not happy. With Dior's foundation, the moisturising element in it does not dry and the skin still feels moist and dewy after a good day's wear. Powder is not an issue because I have not used powder for a long time - it justs absorbs what precious moisture I need left on my skin (summer or winter). Also, the scent of the Sisley foundation is somewhat herb-ey and some may find it disagreeable.

All in all, the only one good thing about this unfortunate decision is that I know for sure Dior is back on my shelf - good coverage, consistent wear, highly reliable product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 5:39:00 AM More reviews by apts48

I love this product. Although it is very sheer it does seem to cover my imperfections and my skin looks amazing. I do not have good skin - it is greasy and has lots of pigmentation marks - but this foundation smooths it out and makes it look wonderful. I had dinner with a friend and she said "WOW" your skin looks so great. It seems to look better after about thirty minutes as it sets. I find the sisley powder foundation the same. It however does not change color even with my greasy skin. I wear 00 on my very light olive yellow skin and it just is perfect. Expensive but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by codydan85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is perfect. It's a foundation with skincare ingredients. I'm surprised to see so many negative reviews here. I tried several samples of this and then my partner decided to buy it me full size without me knowing. I've learnt that once you take the time to apply this foundation it leaves you with a beautiful complexion. The coverage is light but is buildable. I've also learnt that what you wear underneath can affect the products performance. I use Vaishaly Day Moisturiser SPF15 underneath this which provides the perfect base. If you are looking for Sisley skincare technology but cannot afford the expensive price tag then this might be an option for you.
I have now been using Skinleya for over two months and I've really noticed a difference in my skin. I find applying this foundation with the brush it comes with far better than using my fingers.
Trust me, spend time applying this foundation and you will see that your skin glows with radiance!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I have to say I have doubted a bit 5 min. if I would give this product 1 or 2 lippies, but the bad points are so overwhelming that the verdict is 1! All in one: I think this is a bad product.
I had the chance to use 2 samples from almost each color and 1 sample is 4 ml. I have used color 10, 11, 20, 30 en 40. So you can see I could test more than the 30 ml the full bottle offers. Ok, 10 and 11 are useless, 20 is ok, 30 too dark en 40 too too dark! Altough 20 suggests rose in its name, you can safely use it if you have red in your skin.
Why it is bad: the coverage is just sheer! Very light, almost a tinted moisturizer by the effect. On the other side it is creamy and spreadable... Texture is foundation-like the result: covers about nothing! You get a brush with it, but because I have used samples I used my own brush... No coverage what so ever. I had to use way too much product to get a decent coverage, and do you know what... I prefer light coverage!! The end result was using half a sample to get the coverage i need and after a few hours my skin was absolutely not realistic anymore... The color has changed on my skin by time and I have super stabile, well treated skin. It was just awfull and my boy friend, who never comments on my skin, really said that I looked fake! Oh god, looking fake... What more bad can someone say to you? And he said that without doing really something bad. He really thought that it looks crap. To give the product a less subjective review I used it again and more sparingly to look natural and perhaps as should be used. Like I said, the product was not worth the time to blend this thing, because it was like nothing on my skin. PLUS: the smell! Just awful! It reeks like you have been in a liqueur store! Some kind of brandy which seems like you are an alcoholic! The last poiint has won me over to give this product a 1! I absolutely do not recommand this product. I have used, when i was forgotten to take my foundation with me, from a friend the super cheap Bourjois healthy mix foundation... I swear that that foundation is way better! I always use the highest brand for skin and Bourjois has done a better job than this. Beware! I hope I save someones cash with this review. Try before you buy...
I have bought, after sampling, the new HR, powercell!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No