OPI Road House Blues

4.9

on 4/22/2015 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this online thinking it would be a gorgeous, one-of-a-kind indigo (like it looks in the pictures here). But I was underwhelmed. The polish is more purple than Iíd thought it would be, and the base is very black. It does look indigo when next to reddish purples or blacks, but thereís still something lacking about this color (I think its vibrancy, the color is too muted, too black, too blah). I was hoping for something with a bit more vibrant blue undertones. Still, itís very similar to Essieís After School Boy Blazer (a gorgeous navy crŤme, with zero purple) and Roadhouse Blues looks more indigo next to it, but I prefer After School Boy Blazer between the two. As always, the formula is fantastic, though I donít like OPIís extra wide brush. Two coats makes an opaque, streak-free finish. I donít think I would buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I rarely paint my nails anymore, despite my accumulation of ummm...a gamillion polishes. This polish, however, has changed everything. It wears like a total champ--I mean a week without looking disgustingly skanky (albeit I do wear revlon's base underneath, so that may help, but still,) and it is the perfect, I mean perfect falling into fall color. Not black (even though my dad claims it is,) and not the same as LPAD...I love it.

I snagged mine for $5 at some random store, which concerns me that i will never find it again, so I encourage everyone to buy it if they find it. It's one of the few polishes I'm happy to reapply.

on 9/19/2014 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Gorgeous deep deep purple/blue. It's so deep it looks black at times, but in the light you can see it is not black. GREAT formula and easy to apply. One coater, but I did two to deepen the color.

No chips and great polish for winter/fall.

on 9/16/2014 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A beautiful deep, brooding indigo midnight blue - more purple than blue, but not purple enough that it gives me lobster hands/red looking cuticle (i.e. not like Lincoln park after dark which does) a deep inky blue indigo such a hard to find shade in a nailpolish, shiny, dark and opaque in 2 coats, dries really fast too! I put off buying this for ages thinking it was just another blue polish but this is very different to any blue or navy that I own, It's not really blue at all.

on 5/3/2013 3:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

One of my favorite dark blues! It's a really deep, rich blue with subtle purple undertones. This and China Glaze First Mate are my go-to blue cremes; I love RHB for that velvety, night-sky blue, while FM is my favorite navy. Great application - it's a one-coater if you're careful (which I'm usually not).

I snagged the last bottle of this beautiful deep super-dark blue creme polish yesterday at a local salon. I wore it today along with French Quarter For Your Thoughts (light grey creme from this same Fall 2011 "Touring America" collection) for my accent nails. Looks really nice together. Roadhouse Blues is very opaque and you could most definitely get away with wearing just one coat but I went ahead and used two.

on 11/7/2012 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love o.p.i and this is one of my favorite blue colours. It`s deep and looks shiny without sparks. It lasts very well, not chap. Highly recommend!

on 8/7/2012 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Road House Blues is from OPI Touring America Collection. This is a dark federal blue, blue with a tint of purple undertone, which wasn't overwhelmed by the purplish color. I guess the purple undertone compliments the blue and make it more of a prominent blue. The creme formula can use for formal and with denim. The creme formula makes this color wearable for formal and informal occasion, like with jeans.
Application is great. It took me 2 coats to complete and the coverage is excellent. It really gives a flawless finish. If you like blue with a difference, this is the one to go.

on 5/15/2012 11:32:00 AM

I love this color! I usually go for lighter, brighter colors. The darkest nail polish I wore before this was like a dark burgandy. I think black nail polish is too harsh looking for me, so I was definitely worried that this would look black on me. This is a very dark color, & if you look at it from a distance it kind of looks like black. But up closer, you can tell this is dark blue/purple. What I like is that this gives a nice shiny, glossy finish even without using a top coat. I only needed 2 coats for this to become the exact color in the bottle. I wanted something different, with more of a "POP" than just regular old black. This really did the trick. This is definitely more of a fall/winter color, I wouldn't use this in the summer. This color is a great addition to my collection, just not for all year round. This is a very sophisticated, cool color.

on 3/12/2012 4:32:00 PM

beautiful deep navy with a hint of purple to it. creme formula. no shimmer what-so-ever which i love. to me, it is russian navy without the shimmer. i don't mind wearing dark polish in spring/summer so i think this color can be worn for all seasons. this lasts a very long time and the formula is very glossy even without topcoat. i definitely agree with another review which said that if black is too harsh for you, try this.

Top Rated OPI Products