Obagi Cffectives Vitamin C Serum, eyes and face

3.6

on 4/16/2015 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

gave me tiny little bumps all over. i'm 26. mom who is 55 said same thing.

i discontinued use and tried again in later months - more bumps.

mom says she kept using it and after about a month, the bumps stopped.

we both LOVE the glow. when she wears it, people compliment her skin and say she looks tan. (she has a lot of problems with her skin.)

This smells awesome! And it really helps to moisturize. It hurt to use it when I first started the Obagi system but I've come to love it because it keeps the dry spots moist.

on 11/28/2007 1:01:00 AM

The eye serum (5%) has dramatically brightened the skin and reduced the lines under my eyes. Dramatically! Switching to sleeping on my back has been a huge help on the eye wrinkles, as well.

on 11/20/2006 2:20:00 PM

This is my first one-star rating (and I almost always vote 5 star).

I really, really, really loved this serum. However, it containec ZERO perservatives and it spoiled within weeks of opening the serum. I was heartbroken.

Maybe they should have little packets if the product is so unstable.

on 11/20/2006 1:11:00 PM

In Canada this is called Vivier C and is available in medical esthetics clinics. As noted below, very pricey. All you need is one drop on each cheek, your chin and your forehead, then spread around. This made me break out in the summer, but now my winter skin is loving it. Does increase level of radiance. I believe this offers more instantaneous and lasting results than the similarly-priced Darphin oils and is a better investment, however, without the aromatherapeutic spa-like experience.

I must say that first I was and will never be happy with this product. The Obagi distributor had assured my mother and I that serum would never discolour unlike other Vit. C serums because it was distilled/forumulated in a special way and its packaging ensured freshness. She also said even if it discoloured, its effectiveness would not be undermined. I clearly thought it was a sales pitch, as she was already contradicting her first statement, but I bought her bluff, because I was desperate. Well, I lost the gamble. Within two months, both the eye serum started to turn yellow. The face serum followed suit a week or so later. My eye bags looked worse than ever, and there was this very light yellowish hue around it. It only improved when I stopped using the eye serum regularly. The face serum also gave me some whiteheads at the cheeks and chin area. To me, this is perhaps the most useless products of the Obagi line.

on 12/30/2004 3:33:00 AM

okay - so my rating will probably downgrade this product but i'm just being honest. i recently recieved this, in lieu of my regular serum - C-Clarifying Serum (also by Obagi). my facialist only had this onstock. and stupid me took it instead of ordering my regular serum online. she assured me that the two are "practically" the same - the only difference is the C-Clarifying was a more recent version and had a fading ingredient. well guess what - next time, i'm buying online. because this costs $75 and contains vitamin c, i will use it to the last drop however i'm not buying it again. it did not make my face glow as much as the other serum. and what's worse, my freckles are more obvious now! argh! never again, lesson learned.

on 10/25/2004 6:35:00 AM

Great for dry/normal skin. Unwise for oily and acne-prone skin. It makes my mom's skin glow. But my skin broke out badly when I used it.

on 9/14/2004 10:59:00 AM

Excellent product. Faded spots on my face and made my skin smooth and glowing. Best product I've ever tried.

on 6/24/2004 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is called Vivier Vitamin-C IDS™ in Canada, Vivier is the same company that makes Obagi and SkinMedica products. These serums are expensive, $85 CDN for a 30 mL bottle of 10% vitamin C, but they are effective. After a short few weeks of use, my skin is VERY noticeably brighter and smoother. I have never broken out with this serum, partly because it doesn't contain silicone. Obagi stays stable for longer than Skinceuticals and Cellex-C, but it will still oxidize after a few months due the bad packaging exposing l-ascorbic acid the air and light every time you open the bottle.

Ingredients: Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Glycol, Water, L-Ascorbic Acid USP, Grapefruit Extract, Fragrance.

For more info: