Tom's of Maine Tom's of Maine Daily Moisture Natural Beauty Bar Soap

2.7

Not tested on animals
Tom's of Maine is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/6/2014 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

So my local drugstores stopped stocking my go-to Pears soap, so I decided to give this a try instead of going through the hassle of ordering it online. First of all, I don't find this at all moisturizing. In fact, I find it pretty drying when I use it on my body. I can use it on my face, but if I use it more than once a day I definitely have to slather on extra moisturizer, so I stick to using it at night, when my face is extra dirty; for that it's fine. Secondly, this is a little more perfumey than I like to use on my face. When I took it out of the box it definitely scented up my bathroom for a few days. Surprisingly, the scent is very light when I wash with it. Anyway, I don't think it's a bad soap, and if you have oily skin this would probably be a good soap for you, but I don't, so it's not. I got this in a "buy one, get one free" two pack, which made the $4 a paid for it a good deal, but I can't say the same if that's the price for a single bar.

on 7/6/2013 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I didn't find this bar to be at all moisturizing. In fact, it made my skin dry and irritated. I used it only on my body. It felt more like a bar of soap than a beauty bar. (The container says this is a beauty bar, not a soap).

on 10/22/2011 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This soap is relatively hydrating and has a pleasant smell. My skin doesn't feel dry and tight immediately after my shower like with some soaps. The smell is mild, kind of fruity, but not a specific fruit I can think of. Bar is a nice size, and should last a while, though will "melt" in a watery area, so keep it draining. Price (~$3-4/bar) is more than I would like to pay, had I an entire household going through soap quickly, but as a girl who lives alone, it is doable for now. Packaging is fine, a cardboard box with no frills, recycleable, which is important to me.