October 30, 2014 | 1648 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - Effet Miracle Primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't find this to be a 'miracle' primer in any way. As others have said it is very similar to Clarins Instant Smooth, both are in a little pot and have a slightly mousse-like silicony, balm texture. Lancome's is more mousse-like. Both of them have a light pink shade to them.

If you have combo skin, this will still leave you some oil that will need to be blotted/powdered. I didn't find that it filled in pores very well and I thought that it would give more of a rosy lift to my complexion given the shade of it. If anything, I think it made it look a little flat and dull.
Will not be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lollol1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow wow wow wow wow!
I love this stuff. I only use a little at a time on the pores on my t-zone and the light lines under my eyes and it fills everthing in.This stuff is amazing! I have extremely oily skin on my nose, this does a better job than any other primer i have tried at keeping the oil at bay. Its not perfect, i don't think anything would be, but as long as it lasts 4 hours or so, i'm happy!
It's expensive for what it is, but i just love ths way it looks under teint idol,so i'll keep buying it! The only downside for me is the packaging. The small glass pot makes the last bit a little tricky to get out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have not had much luck with finding a primer that 1) fills in fine lines and wrinkles 2) doesn't upset my sensitive skin, and 3) doesn't dry me out. Effect Miracle feels nice going on, does stop my (little) shiny forehead, does a so-so job of smoothing out my wrinkles and doesn't make my face feel like it is cracking by noon. But because this is not available in the US, I don't feel the little bit better wear of my foundation is worth the steep price and hunt on Ebay. I think I might try the Clarins Instant Smooth next ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by sm91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like to use this product on others when doing makeup, but I don't personally like it for myself. I find that it works great on more mature skins, because it doesn't make the skin look dry and creates a flawless looking base (smooths over lines/enlarged pores, etc.). This product is almost the same as Clarins Instant Smooth. They both have the same "balm" ish feel. The trick with both of these is not to rub back and forth or else they will ball up. All you need is a tiny amount and smooth it over problem areas in light strokes going in one direction. The nice thing about Lancome Effect Miracle Primer is that is comes in 2 shades (a pink for fairer complexions and an apricot for olive to dark complexions). Now for the downsides. It is a little bit pricey and I would not recommed it to a skin type that is oiler. I didn't like it for my skin because I didn't hold up like some other primers I've used that are more suited for my combo/oily skin. For my type of skin, I still find I'm better suited for CoverFX Mattifying Primer or Smashbox Photofinish Light. That being said, women seem to love it, so it might be worth a try if it seems right for you!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Base for some time, and I'm happy with it, but I saw this Lancome primer advertised in a magazine and thought I'd give it a go (the price is only marginally higher than the Clarins primer.) I will now finish the pot, but will go back to Clarins afterwards.
There's nothing very wrong with this primer, but it seems to show my pores more than the Clarins, and also when you put it on, it somehow 'crumbles' and is not very pleasant to the touch. It does seem to keep foundation in place, but so does the Clarins base. Overall, this primer is not a perfecting base.