December 17, 2014 | 1667 users online

Blush - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush - Blushing Bride

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

NOOOOO! The new blushing bride is not the same! I fell in love with the color as I tried out the tester. My first clue before purchasing was the package. The blush I was about to buy had a pinkier packaging with a different logo. (Old logo has the word "Tarte" with some curly flowery design around it. The new logo just has the word "Tarte")
The package did say Blushing Bridge so I thought maybe they just changed the packaging. When I got home the actual blush was a more rosy pink than it was berry or plum like. Why did Tarte do this! I have read that the other blushes are also different when compared to their older version.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg one of my best blushes by far, a beautiful berry! Where has the blush been all my life lol! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is fastly becoming my favourite blush! I had never tried anything from Tarte prior to this as it's not available in my country, but I got this as a gift and I couldn't be any happier.

The colours is gorgeous and looks really good with my pale complexion. Not overly pigmented, but buildable and has excellent staying power.

I also feel like this pan is going to last me forever! I've used it almost daily for a month now and still haven't destroyed the beautiful pattern on the blush.

I really, really want ot try more colours now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Giron0922

Love this blush! It's a pretty plummy golden shimmer blush! Very pigmented and it will last forever HG blush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Luv this blush this is my 3rd from Tarte and I really like it for Fall/Winter. It's like Nars Sin but more of a berry tone. It is super pigmented so you barely need to swipe to get a good amount of colour. For me i'm an NW15, blonde hair, and green eyes so I am very fair and too much could make me look sun burnt. The right amount looks so natural and pretty so I start very slow with this bad boy. I found it lasted on me from the morning till I washed it off at 6 P.M. not bad at all for a blusher in my opinion. There is shimmer but honestly it doesn't really transfer to the skin. I think in natural light it looks lovely and to me it seemed matte. Shimmer isn't a problem or deal breaker for me though because I love it and will wear shimmer as long as I can get away with it;)

If you hate shimmer definitely swatch this before you buy it. If you are not too worried about that it's an excellent colour for Fall/Winter this and Sin are my go to's for these seasons and I love how it looks. A nice lippie and mascara and it looked great. It's a beautiful colour that can look good on a ton of skin tones and that's what is great about it. To me it leans cool which I like being a cool toned person so for me this was a great B-Day purchase. If you're looking for a nice cold weather colour I say try this it looks amazing on and gives a beautiful berry flush. Luv Tartes blushes they really are good and you get a lot of product for the $$ so if you're a blush lover like myself this is a great one to add to your stash.;) Definitely Recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by voodoodolly330

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It looks rash on the skin, and it's too glittery.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by person60

I got this at sephora for 26.00. It claims 12 hour lasting power although i don't think i had ever worn makeup for that long. Of course it is in blushing bride. it is a beautiful berry or rosy colour there is little shimmer in it, which does not bother me. I want to purchase another one in a different colour, and speaking of colour there is a nice range of colours from pinks, purple, coral, browns and berries. Probably one of my favourite blush in my blush collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by shauna510

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush sooo much! I loved Nars blush in Sin and find this to be very similar but BETTER. I don't notice the glitter on the face and I have extremely oily skin. Color is pigmented so i have to use a light hand. Tarte amazonian clay blushes are by far my all time favorite blushes EVER! I have almost all of the colors and find them to be the longest wearing, and pigmented blushes I've ever tried.

I've heard people say that these aren't pigmented and I've found that sometimes these blushes DO seem to be more difficult to grab and appear to be less pigmented in time, especially when swatching in the store. I've swatched colors in the store that I own and KNOW to be very pigmented and they barely swatched at all. I believe this is because of the nature of the amazonian clay, it will absorb oils from your makeup brushes/fingers and develop a thin film on the surface. When I first noticed that my blush wasn't as pigmented as it had been at first, I took a tissue and gently rubbed off the top layer of the surface and it was as good as new again and pigmented as ever. I have made sure to clean my brushes often to prevent this from happening.

I couldn't say which shade is my favorite because I totally love all the ones I have and use them all very often, but Blushing Bride would have to be the one I use a tiny bit more than the others. It is a very natural berry shade and gives the most georgeous flush to the cheeks. I tend to use a small duo fiber brush to avoid over-doing it and it works great. I am a medium skintone but believe this shade would look nice on even the fairest complexions if used very sparingly. It can also be bright enough to look beautiful on deeper skin tones. Glitter is very noticeable in the pan, but I don't notice it much at all on my face.

Packaging: At first, I thought the packaging looked very cheap and reminded me of the play makeup I used to play with when I was a little kid, BUT i have come to really appreciate the thought that went into the packaging. It is great that they are the same color as the shade of blush, which makes it easier to grab the one you want right away. Also, there is a tiny hole on the back of the package, which is magnetized. If you poke a pin or paper clip through the hole, it easily pops out the pan making it easy to place in a palette if you want. It also has a mirror and is small enough to carry around in your purse without being too bulky and heavy. I really really love everything about these blushes. I have a box full of nars/mac/misc. blushes that will probably never be used again thanks to Tarte, but I don't miss them one bit. I love Tarte blushes whole heartedly!!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Dark dusty rose color w/ gold shimmer. The glitters are super fine and barely noticable when I wear it. (which I like... not big on shimmery blushes) Lasting power/texture/blendability is nice.. However, not a huge fan on the color... At least not on me. On someone less pale, would probably look nice... Probably amazing on olive complexions

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I went to Ulta to find a nice blush for the winter as I am a lot lighter now in the winter months and the bronze look is obviously not cutting it anymore. I had 3 different blushes in my hand, one from Tarte, Bare Minerals and Too Faced. Tarte had such a huge variety, so I decided to try Tarte. Not sure why I went with this color as I tend to lean towards corals and colors like NARS orgasm. But I LOVE IT! For starters, this blush is HIGHLY pigmented. Therefore, it took me a few applications to get it right. First, I bought a separate blush brush. I apply my mineral makeup, then I add just a tad of NARS Laguna bronzer (since it is buildable, I just add a thin layer on nose, cheeks, swipe on forehead, and chin). Finally I add the Tarte blush on top just to my cheeks. It gives me SUCH a pretty flushed color. I thought it was too much, but my mom says it looks awesome on me and she's running out the get the same color (and she's my toughest critic). Others have commented on the sparkle. You can see it in the pan, but I just don't see it on my skin. I see a bright color, slight glow. Other have also commented on the staying power. I agree, this is NOT a 12 hour blush. I would say about 8 hour tops, but it's such a pretty color and it's full proof to apply that I still think it deserves 5 stars!