Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush - Blushing Bride

on 4/13/2015 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is for the NEW Blushing Bride. I wish Tarte would bring back the original that I never had the chance to own. I also think the color of the original is gorgeous compared to the new one. But I digress. Blushing Bride is still beautiful. The newer one is more rosy compared to the original and it is matte. Staying power is great as with all of the Amazonian Clay blushes that I have tried. This works perfect with my skin tone, too. I like the original packaging better but the new packaging still feels solid.

on 3/31/2015 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I decided to try this blush because of its claim of lasting 12 hrs. I have long work days, so I wanted a blush that held up for at *least* 7 hours. On most days, this blush accomplishes exactly that.

For me, a little goes a long way. I like that's its nicely pigmented.

I would buy this product again. I look forward to experimenting with other colors in the line.

on 10/5/2014 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

NOOOOO! The new blushing bride is not the same! I fell in love with the color as I tried out the tester. My first clue before purchasing was the package. The blush I was about to buy had a pinkier packaging with a different logo. (Old logo has the word "Tarte" with some curly flowery design around it. The new logo just has the word "Tarte")
The package did say Blushing Bridge so I thought maybe they just changed the packaging. When I got home the actual blush was a more rosy pink than it was berry or plum like. Why did Tarte do this! I have read that the other blushes are also different when compared to their older version.

on 4/11/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Omg one of my best blushes by far, a beautiful berry! Where has the blush been all my life lol! Love it!

on 2/6/2014 10:03:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is fastly becoming my favourite blush! I had never tried anything from Tarte prior to this as it's not available in my country, but I got this as a gift and I couldn't be any happier.

The colours is gorgeous and looks really good with my pale complexion. Not overly pigmented, but buildable and has excellent staying power.

I also feel like this pan is going to last me forever! I've used it almost daily for a month now and still haven't destroyed the beautiful pattern on the blush.

I really, really want ot try more colours now.

on 2/5/2014 7:52:00 PM

Love this blush! It's a pretty plummy golden shimmer blush! Very pigmented and it will last forever HG blush!

on 10/6/2013 6:59:00 PM

Luv this blush this is my 3rd from Tarte and I really like it for Fall/Winter. It's like Nars Sin but more of a berry tone. It is super pigmented so you barely need to swipe to get a good amount of colour. For me i'm an NW15, blonde hair, and green eyes so I am very fair and too much could make me look sun burnt. The right amount looks so natural and pretty so I start very slow with this bad boy. I found it lasted on me from the morning till I washed it off at 6 P.M. not bad at all for a blusher in my opinion. There is shimmer but honestly it doesn't really transfer to the skin. I think in natural light it looks lovely and to me it seemed matte. Shimmer isn't a problem or deal breaker for me though because I love it and will wear shimmer as long as I can get away with it;)

If you hate shimmer definitely swatch this before you buy it. If you are not too worried about that it's an excellent colour for Fall/Winter this and Sin are my go to's for these seasons and I love how it looks. A nice lippie and mascara and it looked great. It's a beautiful colour that can look good on a ton of skin tones and that's what is great about it. To me it leans cool which I like being a cool toned person so for me this was a great B-Day purchase. If you're looking for a nice cold weather colour I say try this it looks amazing on and gives a beautiful berry flush. Luv Tartes blushes they really are good and you get a lot of product for the $$ so if you're a blush lover like myself this is a great one to add to your stash.;) Definitely Recommended!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It looks rash on the skin, and it's too glittery.

on 6/8/2013 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this at sephora for 26.00. It claims 12 hour lasting power although i don't think i had ever worn makeup for that long. Of course it is in blushing bride. it is a beautiful berry or rosy colour there is little shimmer in it, which does not bother me. I want to purchase another one in a different colour, and speaking of colour there is a nice range of colours from pinks, purple, coral, browns and berries. Probably one of my favourite blush in my blush collection.

on 3/26/2013 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this blush sooo much! I loved Nars blush in Sin and find this to be very similar but BETTER. I don't notice the glitter on the face and I have extremely oily skin. Color is pigmented so i have to use a light hand. Tarte amazonian clay blushes are by far my all time favorite blushes EVER! I have almost all of the colors and find them to be the longest wearing, and pigmented blushes I've ever tried.

I've heard people say that these aren't pigmented and I've found that sometimes these blushes DO seem to be more difficult to grab and appear to be less pigmented in time, especially when swatching in the store. I've swatched colors in the store that I own and KNOW to be very pigmented and they barely swatched at all. I believe this is because of the nature of the amazonian clay, it will absorb oils from your makeup brushes/fingers and develop a thin film on the surface. When I first noticed that my blush wasn't as pigmented as it had been at first, I took a tissue and gently rubbed off the top layer of the surface and it was as good as new again and pigmented as ever. I have made sure to clean my brushes often to prevent this from happening.

I couldn't say which shade is my favorite because I totally love all the ones I have and use them all very often, but Blushing Bride would have to be the one I use a tiny bit more than the others. It is a very natural berry shade and gives the most georgeous flush to the cheeks. I tend to use a small duo fiber brush to avoid over-doing it and it works great. I am a medium skintone but believe this shade would look nice on even the fairest complexions if used very sparingly. It can also be bright enough to look beautiful on deeper skin tones. Glitter is very noticeable in the pan, but I don't notice it much at all on my face.

Packaging: At first, I thought the packaging looked very cheap and reminded me of the play makeup I used to play with when I was a little kid, BUT i have come to really appreciate the thought that went into the packaging. It is great that they are the same color as the shade of blush, which makes it easier to grab the one you want right away. Also, there is a tiny hole on the back of the package, which is magnetized. If you poke a pin or paper clip through the hole, it easily pops out the pan making it easy to place in a palette if you want. It also has a mirror and is small enough to carry around in your purse without being too bulky and heavy. I really really love everything about these blushes. I have a box full of nars/mac/misc. blushes that will probably never be used again thanks to Tarte, but I don't miss them one bit. I love Tarte blushes whole heartedly!!!

Popular Blush Products