April 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Step Into Sexy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had originally tried this at a neighbor's home and enjoyed it so much that I turned around and purchased it because the scent was that good. Longevity isn't, but since Step Into Sexy can usually be found at a good price on sale and you can re-spray often, it's a trade-off.
I'm not sure that Step Into Sexy is really sexy at all. It's more of a comfort scent to me. A hug-type, wrap around you, big over-sized sweater in the winter-type fragrance, altho I'm sure I'll wear it year 'round.
Initial notes remind me of fresh watermelon for a short, short while, then tone down to a warm, ambery feel. There's a hint of violet earthiness if you put your nose close to your skin that warms this perfume nicely along with a hint of iris. ´╗┐Cashmeran lends subtle muskiness along with a woodsy feel.
I seem to get polar opposites from this perfume depending on when I wear it. Images of turtlenecks and peacoats with scarves wrapped around on a brisk day, yet I can also feel the warmth of the summer sun while I'm laying on a chaise lounge, under the blue skies watching a butterfly dance along the hedges. Go figure. It sits very closely and I cannot see it offending a soul. It might be better worn in the heat of the summer when your body warms this perfume to more intoxicating vibrancy. It's an excellent soothing night-time go-to-bed scent-your-pillows perfume. Step Into Sexy is a definite try before you buy.
Step Into Sexy's top notes are: Freesia, Raspberry, Violet Leaf.
Middle Notes: Violet, Brazilian Rosewood, Orchid.
Base Notes: Cashmeran, Iris, Amber.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Hxcookie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after reading countless reviews - Reviews against it and reviews from people that loved it - After seeing it was on sell. When it first came in it smelt almost to the dot like the scent circle in the book, And I was pleased.

Pros:
I get compliments all the time because of the scent, And I love it, As does most everyone whose smelled it. The packaging is really nice, I love the color, The pump, And the size of it, And the normal price is perfect, As the bottle lasts for a very long time and it's worth it. The scent seems to last a long time for me, After exercising I could still smell it on my clothes, Which I love.

Con:
The scent is a little overpowering to some, Especially at first.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by LOREBUNDE

I received this as part of a fragrance set from Avon featuring 12 ( ?) spray samples and then I get to pick a free bottle of my choice what I liked best. I tried this scent today and was surprised, thought very pretty! Put on again before lunch and couldn't stop smelling it. However I am now back from lunch and can no longer smell. Very pretty but doesn't last at all. I'l keep trying the other ones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by scraps

I really like this at first and purchased the lotion, shower gel and roller ball. First of all, the roller rolled but didn't put out any fragrance. I had to sit and pry the roller ball off just so I could get to the perfume. Once I finally did it was a gel like consistency, not off putting, but I did find it weird. Anyway, I recently discovered the Unplugged fragrance and love it ten times more. The staying power is much better than SIS. So, bottom line, it doesn't suck but it is not blowing me away, not that I was expecting to be blown away by an AVON fragrance. Although, Unplugged is very, very nice. I put it on at 7am and it is now 3pm and I can still smell it on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by BloodHound

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love iris and violet. I wish I could smell them! This is my generic Avon scent. If it were sprayed into the air before I entered the room, I'm not at all sure I'd know it was a perfume. It's more odd than anything to my nose. This isn't offensive, and I think there must be some that get a lovely smell from this since the price is still up there. Avon must not be getting too many bottles of this returned. It just isn't for me, and I wanted it to be. The bottle is pretty and easy to handle, the price is far too expensive, and would I buy this again? Not even once!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a sample of this and it ssmelled so nice, good for morning after waking up with your lover XD. It's sooo nice, but the smell is quite strong when you put too much. I always dab a drop of it on my wrist and apply it on my chest and neck.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by girlydiva60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just discovered this fragrance, and I love it. It's now my go to scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Modern if same-y fruits and florals eventually dry down into a sort of Camay soap creamy perfume. It's kind of nice even though it's not screamingly new or different. It earns a solid three, but staying power is typical Avon and keeps it from reaching four lippies. Nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by lollidolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't own this. My mother gave me a sample from her order. For that reason I can't really speak on the price or bottle. Just the scent. It smells very nice. I really enjoy it. I was expecting another "Avon" fragrance. They all smell the same to me. This is not the case with this one. If you're looking for a similar scent to this that has excellent staying power, since this seems to be the main complaint, try Adora by Kat Von D. Smells very similar. I own Adora and love it. Step into Sexy smells a bit softer and has more of a powdery dry down, but still close scent wise.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by stellaqlf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I am an Avon rep but I would not buy this. Does smell really nice but lasts only about 20 mins and after an hour I can't smell anything even up close.

If Avon made their perfumes last longer I would buy so many of them again and again, no one wants to pay for weakly scented water!