April 23, 2014 | 1993 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm- with Kokum Butter

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by helscion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using the regular burts bee's yellow lip balm for a few years. I've been out of balm for a few days since the closest BB is a bit out of my area. So I have chapped and dry lips that hurt (also on Accutane), and I bought this thinking it would be a better version of the regular balm. Wow, I couldn't have been more wrong. The sales girl said it has wax (showed the ingredients) and said the difference between it and the regular was mostly the mint. I didn't like the mint smell so much so it convinced me to get this. Oh, plus the words 'ultra conditioning' and '4 hour moisture'.

Right out of the store I swiped my lips with it. It has such a watery, greasy feel that just stays on your lips and doesn't seem to sink in. It feels like taking cooking oil and smearing it on. A few applications later, my lips still feel dry under the lip balm, and the dry flakely bits don't soften either!
Have no issues with the smell, it only smells a bit like insect repellant if you sniff the tube. If its on my lips, no.

Thank goodness I bought the regular one as a back up in case I didn't like it. It's happened before. I hated their sunscreen lip balm and also their tinted lip balm. So will just stick to what works from now on. I wish I read MA's reviews first. Seems like a lot of people have given a bad score for similar reasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyrox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makes my lips very soft and smooth. the texture when applying is very buttery and nice. i will be repurchasing and recommend this to people with very dry lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by mommytwoboys78

This is sooo a 1 or less star item. I should've read reviews here from MUA. It is true that this smells like fruit loops. It is also true that it only lasts 10 minutes on my lips before my lips are dried out. I'm not really big on Chapstick in general (it's what my bf uses all the time). Chapstick works better than this. The dollar store has dollar items that work better than this. This was the first product I ever tried from the Burt's Bees line, and I am not impressed. Do not purchase! I guess if you really want to try it, then get it from Walmart or Walgreens where you can get a refund.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by TPan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will not buy this again. It dried my lips. Waste of money. I'll stick to my reliable, cheaper Neutrogena Norwegian formula. Enough said.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by cloewater

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg I saw this so of course, I had to get it. I had no idea(and still don't!) what Kokum Oil is but I got it anyways. I actually like the gritty feel, I feel like its scrubbing off the dry, chapped part of my lips. It lasts really long, I went hiking and it was great! I also like the smell, it smells like fruity loops ^^. It gives a nice shine and its not tinted like the acai berry and pomegranate oil ones.(I still like those though.). Those display a slightly sparkly, pink shine but this one it clear. Its great for a natural look. Not oily or greasy too! Definately my most fave Burt's Bee's lip balm EVER! I'm so buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by bizarrecockeyedoptimist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dries out my lips. I'm trying to use it up on my cuticles now. I think it's making my cuticles worse.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the worst Burt's Bees Lip Balm that I've used so far. It didn't moisturize my lips at all, and I really dislike the smell/taste. The texture was okay at first, somewhat greasy for a Burt's Bees Lip Balm, but over time I found that it became kind of gritty and unpleasant to wear. I also found myself having to reapply constantly because it was actually drying my lips out. It's also priced higher than the normal Burt's Bee's Lip Balms, which makes it even worse for how low quality it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I decided to give Burt's Bees another try - hesitantly, of course - after watching someone I know apply this product diligently, with good results. I am normally skeptical of Burt's Bees lip balms, only because I find that beeswax-based balms don't work well for me. I was pleasantly surprised by this greasy, citronella-y version! This particular balm is much smoother and creamier in the tube than other BB balms, and it almost feels like it's melting on your lips. It gives my lips a nice shine, though it's not what I would call "glossy," and it actually seems to plump my lips a little. It almost looks like I'm wearing the perfect shade of lip gloss for my face. The balm does moisturize my lips, but it's no one-application miracle. However, there are some downsides: It feels runny on my lips and dries up fairly quickly. There are no added fragrances/flavors, but BB did little to disguise the naturally occurring scent/taste, which is kind of like a citronella mosquito-repelling candle. It feels weird if I rub my lips together and accidentally swallow the balm. And - sadly - it's just too soft and melty to keep in my pocket. Overall, I only took away one lipstick because I can live with the things I don't like about the product. For now, at least, the way it makes my lips look is a weightier consideration.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by lanide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product made my lips fall off. Now you look at me and all you see are teeth, thank God I have pink gums!

In all seriousness though, heed my warning and the ones of those that told their tale before me, avoid this product like the plague. It will make your lips drier than the Sahara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why everyone has such an issue with this balm. If you look at the first few ingredients, it's not another formulation of their regular beeswax-based balm. It's a coconut oil-based product. Be smart and READ what's in your products before you complain that something feels oily.

I'm a huge fan of the entire Burt's Bees line and really like this product. I was looking for something a little more moisturizing than the regular balm, which is great in the summer but doesn't heal my chapped lips in the winter. This is just the product for that. Plus, it has a very nice scent and has a little bit of sheen. I use this and skip wearing lipstick or lipgloss so my chapped lips can heal. You can find this for a reasonable price at Walgreen's. I bought the two-pack.