December 20, 2014 | 849 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm- with Kokum Butter

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by afernau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Easily the worst lip balm I've tried from the Burt's Bees lip balm line. I've used the mint, honey, pomegranate, blueberry & dark chocolate, and original - all phenomenal lip moisturizers. This, however, is a huge miss. It feels like a greasy wax that just sits on top of your lips without doing anything. After applying, it is gone within 15 minutes and your lips are left feeling dry, if not drier, than they were prior to application. I love Burt's Bees lip balms, but this one just doesn't cut it with the dry Colorado air. I thought maybe I had developed a lip condition, that's how much I trust the Burt's Bees line of lip products, but when I read that other users had a similar experience, I knew it wasn't me, it was an inferior product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by megxoxo91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip balm has a nice scent and is hydrating enough that I used it almost daily after purchasing it. It wasn't stellar but certainly wasn't terrible either. Here's the kicker, though: For about three weeks I was dealing with terrible, recurring breakouts around my mouth. Extremely sore, under the skin type acne that was hell to treat. When one would finally begin to go away, another would appear until I had several on my chin and one above my lips. I sifted through all of my makeup trying to figure out what I was using differently and then I realized... it had to be this stuff. I put it away and ever since my skin has been slowly improving. Not saying this would happen to most, but if you're acne prone, I would be leery of this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by eselle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

An alright lip balm - it does actually soften up my dry bits and makes them easy to be rid of. Perhaps it would serve better as a lip exfoliator. It can leave your lips greasy, but that doesn't bother me a whole lot. This lip balm does not give off any strong smell whatsoever - just a slight citrus-y taste. I think this product over-promises and thus delivers underwhelmingly. It's also a bit pricey for my budget, and I much prefer Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm range.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by helscion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using the regular burts bee's yellow lip balm for a few years. I've been out of balm for a few days since the closest BB is a bit out of my area. So I have chapped and dry lips that hurt (also on Accutane), and I bought this thinking it would be a better version of the regular balm. Wow, I couldn't have been more wrong. The sales girl said it has wax (showed the ingredients) and said the difference between it and the regular was mostly the mint. I didn't like the mint smell so much so it convinced me to get this. Oh, plus the words 'ultra conditioning' and '4 hour moisture'.

Right out of the store I swiped my lips with it. It has such a watery, greasy feel that just stays on your lips and doesn't seem to sink in. It feels like taking cooking oil and smearing it on. A few applications later, my lips still feel dry under the lip balm, and the dry flakely bits don't soften either!
Have no issues with the smell, it only smells a bit like insect repellant if you sniff the tube. If its on my lips, no.

Thank goodness I bought the regular one as a back up in case I didn't like it. It's happened before. I hated their sunscreen lip balm and also their tinted lip balm. So will just stick to what works from now on. I wish I read MA's reviews first. Seems like a lot of people have given a bad score for similar reasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyrox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makes my lips very soft and smooth. the texture when applying is very buttery and nice. i will be repurchasing and recommend this to people with very dry lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by mommytwoboys78

This is sooo a 1 or less star item. I should've read reviews here from MUA. It is true that this smells like fruit loops. It is also true that it only lasts 10 minutes on my lips before my lips are dried out. I'm not really big on Chapstick in general (it's what my bf uses all the time). Chapstick works better than this. The dollar store has dollar items that work better than this. This was the first product I ever tried from the Burt's Bees line, and I am not impressed. Do not purchase! I guess if you really want to try it, then get it from Walmart or Walgreens where you can get a refund.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by TPan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will not buy this again. It dried my lips. Waste of money. I'll stick to my reliable, cheaper Neutrogena Norwegian formula. Enough said.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by cloewater

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg I saw this so of course, I had to get it. I had no idea(and still don't!) what Kokum Oil is but I got it anyways. I actually like the gritty feel, I feel like its scrubbing off the dry, chapped part of my lips. It lasts really long, I went hiking and it was great! I also like the smell, it smells like fruity loops ^^. It gives a nice shine and its not tinted like the acai berry and pomegranate oil ones.(I still like those though.). Those display a slightly sparkly, pink shine but this one it clear. Its great for a natural look. Not oily or greasy too! Definately my most fave Burt's Bee's lip balm EVER! I'm so buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by bizarrecockeyedoptimist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dries out my lips. I'm trying to use it up on my cuticles now. I think it's making my cuticles worse.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the worst Burt's Bees Lip Balm that I've used so far. It didn't moisturize my lips at all, and I really dislike the smell/taste. The texture was okay at first, somewhat greasy for a Burt's Bees Lip Balm, but over time I found that it became kind of gritty and unpleasant to wear. I also found myself having to reapply constantly because it was actually drying my lips out. It's also priced higher than the normal Burt's Bee's Lip Balms, which makes it even worse for how low quality it is.