July 25, 2014 | 1871 users online

Masks - Chanel - Ultra Correction Lift, Masque Lift Fermete Express Express Lifting Firming Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

I used a sample of this mask and was initially surprised at what came out - a cream gel. When i put it on my skin, it didn't tighten up as so many other masks, but just sat there for a little while. My skin didn't look any more radiant or anything, but did feel a little more plump than usual. Is extremely expensive for what is a basic mask. I have a soft spot for Chanel skincare products, just not this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Received a sample of this from my generous local Chanel SA, and despite being left generally disappointed by Chanel's skincare I'm actually quite impressed with this. Though a mask it's a clear cream-gel, and feels more like leaving on a thick (though not greasy) moisturizer than the tightening effect of your typical mask. I apply a light layer and leave on for about half an hour, then rinse off with lukewarm water. My skin immediately looks hydrated, plump, and refreshed. I even tried this on when I had insomnia before a big trip and all day I never looked like I had only 3 hours of sleep--no bags, no sags, no giant crater pores. Does it reduce wrinkles? No, as the fine lines under my eyes were still apparent, but they weren't as stark after the mask as before. Also no breakouts or oiliness even though my skin is normally oily and somewhat acne-prone. This mask is quite pricey at $85, but as you need so little and to me is akin to 8 hours of sleep in a tube, I find it worth it. However, I wouldn't use this for every-other-day usage, maybe once a week tops or just as-needed. Will be squeezing every last bit out of my sample tube and will definitely buy a full-size tube when my budget allows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm adding this as a new product, although its been around for a while, I've owned it for several months. I could not find the exact spelling in MUA's data base, so, if this is a duplicate entry, I apologize.

I don't know about other people, but, often times when I use a mask, I may like how I feel or look afterwards, but I can't really put my finger on why. I may feel I look brighter or "refreshed" ...Maybe its just the luxurious treat, that pampered feeling from using a mask.

Not so with the Chanel Ultra Correction Lift mask. There is no mystery as to why I look better, I have easily defined results. I apply a generous amount on a clean face, and leave it on for at least 10 minutes. Actually, how I start the process is to zap a wet, wrung out wash cloth in the microwave for a few seconds, and then put the steamy (warm, not super hot!) washcloth on my face. I do this every morning instead of washing my face with cleanser, so its not something specific I do for just the mask use, but it may play a part in the results I see. (my bedroom is right off of the kitchen, so the microwave thing is just something I fell into doing instead of waiting for hot water at the tap each morning)

Although it might be nice to lay down (thus helping the mask fight gravity) and relax while listening to music, perhaps sipping a mimosa or nibbling bonbons, I'm busy doing other things, and rarely even sit down while its on. After rinsing it off, there is a MARKED reduction in the pore size, especially on my cheeks directly under by eyes next to my nose. When my skin is at its dehydrated worse, there is sagging in this area too, creating tiny lines, and this mask takes care of the sag, fine lines and all. It really does lift, but IMO it lifts from hydrating more than some sort of firming of the skin (but I could be wrong, it could be both actions)

The plumping effect lasts for a few days too. I don't know if it would be as effective on pores that are enlarged due to oil production, but, I think mine show more due to dehydration, and from loss of fatty tissue under the skin as my face ages. Yes, I did have oilier skin when I was younger, and pore size may be a leftover memento from that time in my life, but dehydration definitely plays a role in their appearance now.

If I use this as a mask at least 3 times a week, my skin consistently has the appearance of tiny/no pores in areas of my face where they are much more visible without its use.

Another use I've found for this is to apply a very light layer under makeup, it can help (not as dramatically) when I'm overly tired.

Even yet another way I've used it is to pat a tiny TINY amount under my eyes before applying concealer, or after applying concealer if the concealer looks cakey. Its not oily at all, so it does not cause eye makeup to migrate under the eye. My success rate with uncaking concealer is probably 50/50. Sometimes it does the trick, sometimes it just makes a bigger mess. But when it works, it is great because it sets up, and does not cause the concealer to work its way into fine lines as the day wears on.

As a treatment mask, I don't find it to be overly expensive, a little goes a long way. It comes in a black tube that holds 75ML/2.5 Fl OZ.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No