October 31, 2014 | 1591 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Kat Von D - Rehab Priming Elixir

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

I just got an email from Sephora that this product has been discontinued. This is a sad day. This is the only primer I have used that makes the KVD lock it foundation not look dry or cakey on my skin. The only way to get it now is to pay $10-$25 more for it online from the hustling clowns on ebay or amazon and that's not going to happen. Darn you Sephora...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried a sample of this a few times now, and though my best friend swears by it, it just doesn't seem to work for me. My skin is oily, and very dehydrated at the moment, and after a couple of hours my foundation just gets oily and catches on dry flakes, and that's when I'm using the primer. Oh well. It feels nice going on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to try this - I love a good primer, especially one in such cute packaging. The little grey glass bottle with the pump and lovely design looks rather pretty on my dressing table!

However I've tried it several times and decided it wasn't for me. The texture is runny compared to my normal silicone-based primers and feels a little sticky. It does feel slightly smooth on the skin when applying my everyday foundation on top (Rimmel's Wake Me Up), but not very noticeably. I have combination/oily skin and find that my t-zone is an oily mess after only a couple of hours and have to blot and reapply powder - this doesn't seem to do anything in the way of oil control.

Although the packaging is so tempting, this really doesn't do anything for my skin. Oily & combination skinned ladies would be far better off with a mattifying or oil control primer - this might work better for someone with drier skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Kelwri

I just have to say this is an awesome primer its really good for people with dry/combination skin. I have very dry skin on my nose and this helps keep it hydrated when I use foundations that are matte. it makes the foundation look lovely also!

I have done a full product review on my blog with photos if you want to see what the primer looks like. http://cityxofxangelsx.blogspot.co.uk

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by zoestark

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am running out of this primer and can't seem to find it anywhere. I hope they didn't discontinue it. This is by far the most amazing primer I have ever used. It is like a combo moisturizer/primer. It doesn't have that horrible slimy silicone feel like most primers and leaves my skin feeling and looking smooth. I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

This is amazing! I have acne scars that tend to get dry. And this tames it up! My oil is very controllable.. And my face is so hydrated and soft. I'm deeply in love with this product! I would re-purchase it all over again!!!!<3 i highly recommend it to everyone. P.S- my skin is very very sensitive and break out too easily and very dry /oily. Its literally the hardest skin type to work with. And this just literally make my skin look and feel amazing!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer when I purchased her foundation (HG for me, btw). I didn't think it was all that special so I tucked it away and, well, forgot about it. When winter hit, my old primer ( a mineral based one), wasn't cutting it. Too drying? Too... something but it just wasn't a good look. I pulled out the KVD primer and....

Amazing. Her foundation looked far better over this than my other one. I have dry skin but use oils and super hydrating moisturizers. This is a water base product and doesn't say it hydrates or mattes... it's just a basic primer. But the finish is fantastic when foundation is applied.

I don't like the dropper. So I pure some into a small jar that has high sides, tip the jar, coat the sides and pull my finger through; it's plenty for my entire face.

No complaints. It works well under other foundations that I have and am using up. A winner, as far as I'm concerned.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's light and a bit more watery, has no discernible scent and feels nice on the skin upon initial application. Drydown time is normal, I like to give it 5-10 minutes to set / allow time for silicones to evaporate as needed. During this time I do my eye makeup.

For my oily skin performance is ok. It does what is promised- I don't get excessively shiny with any of the foundations I use - currently KVD Lock It Tattoo, Nars Sheer Matte, Bare Minerals Matte. I tend to really feel my foundation about 6 hours after using it. For me there is no accidentally sleeping in your makeup with this, especially with KVD's Lock It Tattoo Foundation. This is probably due to the dimethicone in it absorbing oil, and likely due to my skin type.

All that having been said, I think this might be breaking me out. I wore this yesterday and had a new spot, so I'm guessing it might be the primer, but I can't say it is this definitively. Silicones do break me out, and dimethicone is the second ingredient. If MUFE did not make their HD primer this would probably be the primer I would use & I would just deal with the occasional spot. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS:
- water-based primer, feels very light
- has the ability to hydrate and control oil so a wide range of skin types can use this product
- smells great
- love the unique packaging
- i love KAT VON D <3
- paraben free/oil free

CONS:
- dropper dispenser fails every so often but you just have to keep pumping it for the product to come through, i have the patience for that :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, first off - I LOVE Kat von D products in general and they never ever let me down - except this one. I wanted to like it so much, but this primer is nothing but a sticky mess on your face, no matter how little or much you use, and believe me I'm experienced with primers enough to make a statement like that.
I just think that, due to the absence of oil, she calls it "oil-free", this primer has no way of really priming your face, it sits on top of it instead, although it is hydrating in some way (which is the sticky part).
I have the feeling it is almost silicone-free, too (but don't quote me on this please), which is essential for a "good" primer at least in my eyes. It may work for other people, with dry skin for example...but it wasn't for me.
My makeup didn't look good or flawless with the primer underneath neither. I can achieve a much better look using cheaper products e.g. from Hard Candy, just as an example.

The little bottle it comes in is awful cute to look at, but the opening/dispenser is a bad idea and just for looks i.m.o. You don't know how much product you can get out, can pump...half the time the pump didn't work anyways, because the primer itself was too thick of consistency.
Sorry Kat!