July 28, 2014 | 1262 users online

Liquid - blackup cosmetics - matifying foundation

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by rubysubi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

- you have to order online unless you live in Europe or New York, using their foundation matching tools (which vary from computer screen to computer screen, and they only have a few MAC foundations to compare your ideal blackup shade with)

The site's Foundation Finder tool recommended FM 04 for me (I picked out medium-light as my general tone, and selected the applicable things like "oily skin" and "matte finish"), but the image on the site looked a little pale, so I ordered FM 05 as well just in case.

As I suspected, I need to wait for this line to come into stores before buying any foundations or blush shades, because the recommended FM 04 on my skin was a lot deeper than it needed to be. I swatched some on my hand and it was darker than my MAC NC 45 Pro Longwear (which is supposed to be pretty yellow but is still VERY orangey on my skin). Noticeably. The consistency of it wasn't too bad at first, but after a second use, it was like squirting oil out of a bottle. It does have a pump though. Maybe if I kept it in the freezer it would work better, but even keeping it in the fridge didn't keep it moussey.
Definitely didn't go on or stay matte. Felt like I was putting vaseline on my face and melting away. Emphasized lines, bumps, you name it.

Returned those bottles and tried shades FM01 and FM02. Both were runny, and provided (again) almost no coverage. What a waste of money for me. Probably would be great for gals with dry skin though..