October 25, 2014 | 1026 users online

Eyeliner - Annabelle - Smudge Paint

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by sultryvoice

WHY HAS THIS BEEN DISCONTINUED???? WHY?????

This is the absolute best gel liner, ever!!!!! It stays put
for hours and the shade "Tar" is as black as you can get.
I am on my second and (sadly) last well of this stuff because
I can no longer find it in any of the stores that carry Annabelle
cosmetics.I bought a back up jar when it went on clearance and
that's it. And, it is no longer on the Annabelle site....it's gone. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by monarose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been on the search for an HG eyeliner for years now! I have very oily, hooded eyelids and all eyeliners gives me raccoon eyes. I've used waterproof, smudgeproof, liquid, gel, cream, kohl, etc. and they all transfer color onto my upper lid and smudge under my eyes. When I saw the Annabelle Smudge Paint, I decided to give it a try and bought the purple color "plummed", and I was quite impressed! I first applied a lid primer base and powder, then applied the Annabelle eyeliner on my upper lid. Not only did it last all day with minor fading, it did not smudge under my eyes and barely transferred onto the upper lid! A few days later I bought the black, blue and brown colors because I found them for half price at another store (reg. price is about $10 in Canada). I am glad that I found these now because I was planning on making a trip to Sephora to buy a few high end brands to try out (Bobbi Brown, MUFE, Urban Decay, Stila, etc.) and they are expensive at $25 to $30 each!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by miaoumiaou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best eyeliner I've ever used! Bit expensive compared to other eyeliners ive used but worth it. The brush that comes with it is kinda thick, so unless you like it like that, use a different brush. Awkward gettting the last tiny bit out so I just get more.
Pros: lasts forever, good colours, multiple uses
Cons: packaging isnt the best, gets all over lid if used as liner

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Have the black color. Lasts a verrry long time, it's actually a bit hard to take off. I do really likes these however the brush is awful and when it gets low it's slightly awkward to get any product out. Still very good and will definitely be buying again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this in a swap and now own Skyline, a fun electric blue. The pigment is true to color and lasts on my lids all day when used as a liquid cat eye effect. I haven't tried to use it as a shadow, though I'm sure you could if you wanted. I really wanted to give it a 5, however the packaging is a bit odd. The brush that comes with it is not user friendly, its kind of large if you're planning on applying a nice even neat line, and using it to dip into the pot can be just as challenging. I just use an angle brush that I currently own, dip it into the pot and draw my line on that way. I would be willing to try other colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by BubberNe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am all about finding good drugstore makeup. So I did a side-by-side comparison of this product in Tar, as compared to Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Onyx (which has very good reviews by more than 1,000 reviewers here on Makeupalley). Both cost about the same (CDN$12), and both promise very long wear.

I put one on each eye. I went about my day, at night I did a workout, washed my face (leaving the liner on) and went to bed.

The next morning, I can see a clear difference between the two. The Annabelle Smudge Paint is definitely the winner. It is still crisp and dark black, whereas the Eyestudio liner has smudged and faded considerably.

So if you are looking to choose between these drugstore products, the Annabelle is the better bet. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

The ultimate. Best gel liner that you will ever find. Prefer it to my Essence gel liner, but that one is less pricey for more product. Got to wait a bit for it to dry (since it's smudgeable - till it dries) - love the end look- deep black, better than my Bobbi brown black ink, maybelline, wet n wild. I think you don't get a lot. The brush it comes with is not as good as my sephora angled one, but still useful.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. The brush that it comes with gets hard and misshapen in no time so it's best to invest in an angled eyeliner brush. The colour is pure and dark and glides on easily. I have yet to smudge it as I use the product to make a cat eye. Some have stated it is hard to reach the entire content of the container due to its shape, which is true, but I felt it was worth a buy anyway. At Walmart its quite cheap and one container lasted me about 2 months and I used it daily. For $6.79 i was okay with that. I like how creamy it is, it glides nicely to allow for uninterrupted, clean, even lining and even though I have very oily eyelids, this liner always lasts all day with no smudging.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by andy6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought the bronze shade at Wal-Mart Canada for $6.79. It stayed on for hours, faded slightly but didn't smudge under my eyes. I wear contact lenses and usually have problems with eye make-up running and smearing during the day. I used it as a liner as well as tried it as a shadow all over my lid like the package suggested.
I went back and bought the black one. It goes on dark and stays all day, even winged out in a cat's eye. I was very impressed.
I use a MAC angled liner brush instead of the brush that comes with it.
It is a bit hard to reach because the liner is at the bottom of the pot and doesn't fill it fully, so that could be improved.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by kittycat31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so glad I got these on sale. I have the black one (tar) and the dark brown one (sludge). The do not last very long and gave me raccoon eyes in no time. I had big expectations from this product and I was very disappointed.