December 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Shampoo - Peter Thomas Roth - Mega Rich Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I generally don't spend much on shampoo. I never would have tried this shampoo if it weren't supplied by the hotel I was staying at this weekend. My hair is virgin, with some grays, shoulder length, fine, very abundant with a wave/curl and tends normal to dry. It also tangles easily has a tendency to frizz. I found this shampoo to be very good to my hair. It lathered up on the second shampoo. The fragrance is a very natural, herbal, citrus. Rinses out clean and leaves my hair feeling clean, refreshed and moisturized. I also used the matching conditioner and was pleased at how it conditioned my hair and rinsed clean. Can't believe I was able to comb through it without using my Tangle Teazer. After using it twice, I ordered full size.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by alina08

This cleans hair well, but does not lather too much. I had to use more than I would have liked to get all my roots covered. I would not mind this so much if the corresponding conditioner did not suck so much, thereby making the pairing of the two useless. This is just an average shampoo, nothing spectacular for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I love love love the fragrance of this shampoo. It has an intoxicating good scent. It makes me so happy every time I wash my hair. It is a good shampoo but a little drying to hair. but I still love it so

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I also tried this at the Hilton. It does not strip my color as much as other shampoos. I will buy this but I have so many other things to use up. This does not irritate my scalp, which is a minor miracle for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I'm so disappointed! I bought this shampoo based on the glowing reviews here and elsewhere on the internet. I expected it to give me soft, fluffy, healthy and shiny looking hair but as I was rinsing it out in the shower my hair felt... squeaky? I continued with the conditioner, hoping it would remedy the dryness and tangles I felt, but as I was blowdrying my hair felt anything but mega-rich. My hair didn't look horrible, but it wasn't as shiny as it can be with certain shampoos, and actually looked a bit frizzy in the back. Reading the label, I was disappointed that it contains SLS and is made in China. It has a nice unisex scent, almost like men's cologne, so I could see this working for both sexes. However, at this price point I don't think this is worth it. If you're looking for a similar shampoo with biotin, try the Organix thick & full shampoo and conditioner (Dark purple bottle, gold cap)- my hair likes that one much better! For reference I have fine, slightly wavy, non-color treated hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by sanaa3300

Just like the other I came across this gem at The Hilton and it was incredible. Generally I use Matrix Biolage shampoo which worked well but not as well as PTR, I needed less product of PTR to clean my hair of all the buildup on my scalp and it moisturized/hydrated better than the biolage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by suzannerenee2012

Full disclosure -- I didn't purchase the PTR Mega Rich Shampoo. I stayed at the Hilton this past week and they supply it to their guests in the rooms. Boy, not all shampoos are created equal. I was blown away by how soft and shiny it left my hair, but didn't lose any body. It's tricky to find shampoo that doesn't flatten my straight hair, and keeps it balanced and moisturized. Since I color my hair, it has a tendency to get dry. I've tried Pureology and lots of other high end shampoos and conditioners, but this one really impressed me. I strongly recommend it and will be purchasing it after using up the samples!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

My grandmother bought this for me when she ordered some for herself, and I am so glad she did! This has easily become my HG daily shampoo! I still love my B&b Gentle shampoo, but this beats it. The nice ingredients, the lovely soft smell, and it leaves my hair clean but moisturized and not stripped. My hair is always so shiny when I use this, and people compliment it when I use it! One woman told me that she "couldn't keep her eyes from not looking at how great my hair looked!" It's pricey, but you don't need much, and it's cheaper than Bumble and Bumble!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by lizindallas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried the PTR Mega-Rich Shampoo & Conditioner when I was in a hotel in Boston and thought my hair seemed waaaay softer when using it. Then recently my boyfriend brought it home from one of the hotels he'd stayed at while on business and once again, my hair felt verrrry soft while using it. I will definitely be buying both the shampoo & the condition in full size.... really nice stuff...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this for 6 days during a vacation - PTR was the toiletry kit provided byt the otel (nice!). Meanwhile, the Mega-Rich shampoo seemed to be a pretty basic, pleasant smelling shampoo that works fine on my color-treated , fine, dry hair. It did NOT seem to strip my color, and was not drying. I might actually buy a full sized bottle ($18 for 8.5 ounces on the PTR site). Not bad.