October 25, 2014 | 929 users online

Palettes - Stila - In The Light Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this off of BeautyBay.com for roughly $40 with free shipping. This palette is absolutely amazing. The colours are so wearable and there is a mixture of light, medium and dark mattes and light, medium and dark shimmers. My favourite colour from this palette is "Kitten" which is the most beautiful light shimmery champagne colour. I actually expected a lot of fallout from these shadows but to my surprise there was little to no fallout, all the shades were buttery! And for $40 for that many eyeshadows, I think that's a very reasonable price. Love this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by laurencleo

Definitely my favorite makeup eye shadow palette. I first bought it after it being suggested by one of the SA's at Mecca Cosmetics. The earthy and natural colors such as bliss, sunset and sandstone means I can wear everyday without looking too dressed up!

I have also had two friends since purchase the pallet since trying my one! Only let down is it is quite pricey (with fairly cheap looking packaging), but compared to most higher end brands quite reasonable price to pay for what you get!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Catfink90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is one of my favourite palettes, the shades are absolutely gorgeous and it can be used to create such a multitude of looks.

TOP SHADES: Bliss makes a gorgeous transition colour, Kitten is my HG inner corner highlight, Bubbly is a beautiful gold that can be used swept lightly over the lid for a natural look or packed on heavily for something more dramatic.

My only gripe with this palette was that one of the shades (Gilded Gold) seems to have way less pigment than the others. While the other shades are buttery and easy to pick up with my brush I find myself digging at this colour and getting virtually no colour payoff. I think for a palette this price with such small pans this is a real shame, perhaps I got a dodgy one?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by felicitykeir

Looovee this palette, the shades are flawless and have amaaazing colour pay off, a bit pricey, but for the quality it's a price I happily paid. The only downfall to this palette was the smudge stick! Mine would not twist up at all and then it broke after I tried to twist it, really wouldn't recommend buying the smudgesticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by ejrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love love love this! Had seen it raved about all over youtube and needed some new eyeshadow and it certainly hasn't disappointed. Have to say though, the shimmery shades (which there are 6 of out of 8) are very pigmented and shimmery which I love but others may not. Stays well on the eyelid, and colours compliment each other perfectly.
Super happy! :) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by esther1607

love this palette, the only thing is that price is kinda high and the package is made out of cardboard but other then that it is a fantastic palette..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lieske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite palette. There are three matte colors I use the most and they work well with yellow toned skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by poppyplastic

PROS:
All shades are very pigmented.
The mattes are creamy with good pigment.
Great colour and finish range.
Great for all skin tones and eye colours.
The price is right!
Comes with amazing eyeliner.

CONS:
The packaging is a bit flimsy.
The eyeliner may not twist, but just ask for a new one.

THINGS WORTH MENTIONING:
'Kitten' and 'bubbly' are VERY shimmery - this may be a good or bad thing depending on what you want.
'Sunset' and 'gilded gold' are great for blue/green eyes, whereas 'night sky' is great for brown/hazel. But all the shades look great on everyone!

Of all the neutral palettes, I think this one is the best all-rounder.

xx

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this palette at Shopper's Drug Mart for my wedding day, and thought the shadows looked gorgeous! After playing around with it for a bit, I discovered that the shimmery shadows, while buttery and luxurious feeling, were too glittery and there was too much fallout, and some of the darker shades hardly showed up on my skin.

I have used this palette with and without primer. It has fairly good staying power with primer, but I just don't care for how some of the colors barely show up.

I have fair skin with yellow undertones and some of the browns look quite muddy and unimpressive on me. My favorite shade is the grey shade, which is dark and has only a little shimmer. It is elegant to use for a smoky eye, but I have to say that this palette was a complete waste of money otherwise. The black is nice too, and quite matte and dark. Those two colors are the best in the entire kit, as far as I'm concerned. The problem is, that I have several black eyeshadows and didn't need another one.

This palette comes with a look book with various eye looks, but good luck trying to use the eyeliner over the shadow! The tip becomes saturated with shadow, and doesn't show up either. It is best to use the eyeliner on its own. It is a dark brown waterproof swivel pencil. I had some difficulty with the pencil, as it didn't want to swivel up at first. I had to twist it several times to get any product out. It is a shame, because the look book has some great ideas, they just don't translate well IRL.

I use this palette regularly because I want to use it up. It was an overpriced mistake, which I don't plan on making again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by scarlette77

Thumbs down. Am I the only one? The pigmentation is not good at all especially for the price! I had to dig my brushes into these to get sons colour. Staying power with a primer also sucked. Disappointed, gad high hopes for it. Should be better,... For this price!