Stila In The Light Palette

4.2

on 2/15/2015 11:12:00 PM

I love this so much. Kitten has always been a favorite and all the colors blend together very well. Very pigmented. I got mine for $20 on the Stila website in their sale section!

The gold shade bubbly did break already which was a huge bummer for me but that's the only problem I have with the eye shadows. I wish the packaging wasn't so flimsy. The rose gold color is pretty, but no cardboard please!

Definitely nice neutral colors great for beginners and teens!

on 2/12/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this palette, it is so lovely. The title really is accurate because these eyeshadows do bring a luminosity and light to the eyes. There is a great range of shades and finishes from light to dark, warm to cool, shimmer to matte. But there is no doubt that all of the shades are ideal for creating shadows and highlights on the eye. I look like a fairy when I use this palette, especially when I pack the lighter shades into the tearduct. My favorite shades are "Kitten" and "Bubbly", which are both beautiful. The formula of these is also close to perfection. It is smooth, creamy, very pigmented, and there is no fallout. The one downside is that one of the shades "Gilded Gold" basically has no color and doesn't show up at all and "Luster" kind of has an odd finish (but is still nice). But other than that, I love it and think it would suit everyone. I recommend it fully.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this off of BeautyBay.com for roughly $40 with free shipping. This palette is absolutely amazing. The colours are so wearable and there is a mixture of light, medium and dark mattes and light, medium and dark shimmers. My favourite colour from this palette is "Kitten" which is the most beautiful light shimmery champagne colour. I actually expected a lot of fallout from these shadows but to my surprise there was little to no fallout, all the shades were buttery! And for $40 for that many eyeshadows, I think that's a very reasonable price. Love this palette.

on 10/10/2014 2:09:00 AM

Definitely my favorite makeup eye shadow palette. I first bought it after it being suggested by one of the SA's at Mecca Cosmetics. The earthy and natural colors such as bliss, sunset and sandstone means I can wear everyday without looking too dressed up!

I have also had two friends since purchase the pallet since trying my one! Only let down is it is quite pricey (with fairly cheap looking packaging), but compared to most higher end brands quite reasonable price to pay for what you get!

on 10/1/2014 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite palettes, the shades are absolutely gorgeous and it can be used to create such a multitude of looks.

TOP SHADES: Bliss makes a gorgeous transition colour, Kitten is my HG inner corner highlight, Bubbly is a beautiful gold that can be used swept lightly over the lid for a natural look or packed on heavily for something more dramatic.

My only gripe with this palette was that one of the shades (Gilded Gold) seems to have way less pigment than the others. While the other shades are buttery and easy to pick up with my brush I find myself digging at this colour and getting virtually no colour payoff. I think for a palette this price with such small pans this is a real shame, perhaps I got a dodgy one?

on 9/22/2014 5:27:00 AM

Looovee this palette, the shades are flawless and have amaaazing colour pay off, a bit pricey, but for the quality it's a price I happily paid. The only downfall to this palette was the smudge stick! Mine would not twist up at all and then it broke after I tried to twist it, really wouldn't recommend buying the smudgesticks.

on 9/19/2014 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love love love this! Had seen it raved about all over youtube and needed some new eyeshadow and it certainly hasn't disappointed. Have to say though, the shimmery shades (which there are 6 of out of 8) are very pigmented and shimmery which I love but others may not. Stays well on the eyelid, and colours compliment each other perfectly.
Super happy! :) :)

on 9/13/2014 2:19:00 PM

love this palette, the only thing is that price is kinda high and the package is made out of cardboard but other then that it is a fantastic palette..

on 9/12/2014 10:41:00 PM

My favorite palette. There are three matte colors I use the most and they work well with yellow toned skin.

PROS:
All shades are very pigmented.
The mattes are creamy with good pigment.
Great colour and finish range.
Great for all skin tones and eye colours.
The price is right!
Comes with amazing eyeliner.

CONS:
The packaging is a bit flimsy.
The eyeliner may not twist, but just ask for a new one.

THINGS WORTH MENTIONING:
'Kitten' and 'bubbly' are VERY shimmery - this may be a good or bad thing depending on what you want.
'Sunset' and 'gilded gold' are great for blue/green eyes, whereas 'night sky' is great for brown/hazel. But all the shades look great on everyone!

Of all the neutral palettes, I think this one is the best all-rounder.

xx