April 16, 2014 | 1905 users online

Palettes - Stila - In The Light Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by estel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the range of colours in this palette (in fact the only one I *haven't* used is the charcoal/black shade, Ebony). Most of the colours are well pigmented and smooth, easy to blend, and I don't have any issues with creasing when using UDPP or TFSI. The Gilded Gold shade seems slightly more difficult than the other shades to get any "oomph" out of. It's a nice mix of shimmers and mattes.

The eyeliner is not bad, but I generally prefer creme or gel liners applied with a brush, rather than crayon or pencil liners; it's impossible to get a smooth, tidy line with this liner but on the plus side, it's very easy to smudge and blend, if that's the look you're going for.

If I run out of any of the colours in this palette, 50/50 whether I'd buy the entire palette again or just the individual colours. We'll see.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by MadHungarian

I loved this pallet so much but unfortunately it gave me pinkeye. Usually only purples do this to me but there must be some pigment in these shadows that I'm allergic to. I tried almost all the colors. It's a beautiful set so I'm only doing this review as negative just as a warning to other ladies like me that are prone to pinkeye.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Let's be honest - Stila is one of those brands that just doesn't 'cut it' for me. Almost everything I've ever purchased from Stila has been returned. But this palette - this palette's different. The eyeshadows are creamy and smooth, very pigmented and blend nicely together. They also last all day long with a primer, no fading or creasing for me.

The colors are great if you wear lighter neutral shades, but there are some deeper, smokier colors too. The color sunset is a beautiful light copper shade that really brings out the green in my hazel eyes.

I would've never looked twice at this palette, but I got a good deal on it and I'm glad I didn't pass it up.

The packaging is quite flimsy though. The lightweight cardboard isn't that great for travel, and even storage if you stack you palettes in a drawer like I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by VMV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This palette has lovely colors and most of them are pigmented.
Gilded gold in my palette is very hard and difficult to get any color from it.
I can make several looks with this palette and I like that it comes with pencil and booklet.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by shoppingmedia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am so bummed! Ordered this with a bonus I received from work with a bunch of other things. The fallout is HORRIBLE. I had to take off my foundation and start completely over. I will be returning this tomorrow with hopes that the Lorac pro palatte performs a bit better without the terrible fallout. :( I loved the colors and the pigment but I'm way to busy to bother covering up my undereye with a tissue just to put on a wash of color let alone a big night out look. Ugh. bummed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by elliestorm

This palette is so beautiful and the colors are perfectly pigmentated

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by holaguuurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I LOVE Stila In the light eyeshadow pallet! The colors are great.Their pigmentation and texture is really good too. It has really good range of colors.I use it every day but the shimmery shades are a bit fallout wich is ok, but generaly its really good! BEST PALLET EVER

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not much of an eyeshadow person, for every day I usually wear a light shadow with an eyeliner or a bright lip. I find this sort of looks (think bourjois and pixi ads) make me look brighter and more awake than brownish eye make up that I feel makes me look a little too dull for mornings when I'm already tired.
However, I started to feel lately that I lack variety, and since I've taken a 24-7 shifts job I felt I should update my routine and add some deeper shades. I originally intended to get the naked but since it was experimental for me I hesitated to pay that much for a product I might eventually not use. So I found this palette which seemed like a good alternative for people who can't commit to using neutral eyeshadows so much.
I got it by mail and I was really impressed when I opened it, the colors are a lot more stunning than in online pictures. I find their quality very good but inconsistent, varying from good to amazing. Night sky, gilded gold and sandstone are the least pigmented shade, but their payoff is still decent and they're buildable. I also find the payoff has little to do with the shade's finish- luster and gilded gold are both shimmery but luster is a lot more pigmented. They are all buttery smooth, easy to apply and blur, even application, I didn't experience much fallout (although it's not a big concern for me), they never faded and the only time I experienced a little crease was after wearing "bubbly" for 9 hours which I find tolerable.
My biggest problem with it is that there are only 3 light shades, one of them is the base color "bare". I think that a good neutral palette should answer the need for all neutral shades, not just darker ones. It didn't serve all my neutral needs, that are few as it is, so it's a bit of a shame that I have to buy extra products this palette was supposed to cover.
I didn't like the eyeliner much just because I prefer eyeliners I can sharpen, but otherwise I think it's good.
Overall, this is a good, high quality palette that is great for people who are hesitant about getting the Naked, people who don't care much for eye make up but still want something basic to work with, and for people who don't feel like paying 15 more dollars for another two brown eyeshadows (although for light neutral shades I would consider it). I will continue using it with joy, but I think that in, like, 5 years when it's over, I will invest in a Naked or whatever similar sells in the future because it would fill my needs better (if they stay the same).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Stila In the light eyeshadow palette : I got a sample of this palette in a beauy boxe. I loved this sample and the palette is definitively in my list of gift ideas for myself. The colors are gorgeous, the payoff is great and the color choice is perfect for a day at work or a beautiful smoky. I think it's kind of similar to Naked 1?Anyway, I need both!

Honestly, when I'll have Naked 1 and Stila ''In the light'' (I already have Naked 2 and 3) I'll never need another palette. As I grow older, I realize I don't wear colors that much anymore so I think a great collection of nudes will be perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorites for simple makeup days! This is a very beautiful palette! If you are a fan of neutral eye shadow colors I would recommend that you go out and give this one a try! It's got so many beautiful shades & so many looks can be created using this one palette! The texture of the eye shadows aren't chalky and the go one soooo super soft. I even love the eyeliner that's included.. It's pretty great! I also love that they added cards to show you step by step how to achieve different eye looks! I would recommend this palette to anyone rather your a makeup junkie or a beginner.. I think you'll enjoy this!!