September 16, 2014 | 1757 users online

Palettes - Stila - In The Light Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by esther1607

love this palette, the only thing is that price is kinda high and the package is made out of cardboard but other then that it is a fantastic palette..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lieske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite palette. There are three matte colors I use the most and they work well with yellow toned skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by poppyplastic

PROS:
All shades are very pigmented.
The mattes are creamy with good pigment.
Great colour and finish range.
Great for all skin tones and eye colours.
The price is right!
Comes with amazing eyeliner.

CONS:
The packaging is a bit flimsy.
The eyeliner may not twist, but just ask for a new one.

THINGS WORTH MENTIONING:
'Kitten' and 'bubbly' are VERY shimmery - this may be a good or bad thing depending on what you want.
'Sunset' and 'gilded gold' are great for blue/green eyes, whereas 'night sky' is great for brown/hazel. But all the shades look great on everyone!

Of all the neutral palettes, I think this one is the best all-rounder.

xx

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this palette at Shopper's Drug Mart for my wedding day, and thought the shadows looked gorgeous! After playing around with it for a bit, I discovered that the shimmery shadows, while buttery and luxurious feeling, were too glittery and there was too much fallout, and some of the darker shades hardly showed up on my skin.

I have used this palette with and without primer. It has fairly good staying power with primer, but I just don't care for how some of the colors barely show up.

I have fair skin with yellow undertones and some of the browns look quite muddy and unimpressive on me. My favorite shade is the grey shade, which is dark and has only a little shimmer. It is elegant to use for a smoky eye, but I have to say that this palette was a complete waste of money otherwise. The black is nice too, and quite matte and dark. Those two colors are the best in the entire kit, as far as I'm concerned. The problem is, that I have several black eyeshadows and didn't need another one.

This palette comes with a look book with various eye looks, but good luck trying to use the eyeliner over the shadow! The tip becomes saturated with shadow, and doesn't show up either. It is best to use the eyeliner on its own. It is a dark brown waterproof swivel pencil. I had some difficulty with the pencil, as it didn't want to swivel up at first. I had to twist it several times to get any product out. It is a shame, because the look book has some great ideas, they just don't translate well IRL.

I use this palette regularly because I want to use it up. It was an overpriced mistake, which I don't plan on making again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by scarlette77

Thumbs down. Am I the only one? The pigmentation is not good at all especially for the price! I had to dig my brushes into these to get sons colour. Staying power with a primer also sucked. Disappointed, gad high hopes for it. Should be better,... For this price!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Mymakeupjunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have lots of palettes. Including both the naked 1 and 2 and I bought this on a whim during the sephora sale at 20% and honestly I love it. It's one of my best palettes and my go to when I don't know what else to use. My fav colours are oddly enough not kitten. Personally I love bubbly and sunset. Bliss is a lovely transition shade for me. Lasts all day at work without creasing on my oily eye lids with UD primer potion as my primer underneath. Even my naked palettes creases on me. So basically I loveee this palette and it is so worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Mariah258

The colors in this palette are very pigmented, blendable, and last a long time! You can create many different looks with this that are very wearable and I just love this palette. It features both mattes and satins, and has a very nice texture that won't create fallout. Overall it's an amazing product and the first palette I'd recommend to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by MissAngelina

I have never brought an eyeshadow palette before, preferring to buy single eye shadows. In fact I have never brought Stila eyeshadow or neutral eyeshadow (preferring to stick to bright colours).

I brought this palette on a bit of a whim (and maybe competiveness as my friend decided to buy one and I didn't want to miss out lol) and I find it amazing, I don't get fallout and my makeup was still on perfectly 12 hours later!

For primer I used too faced shadow insurance and on top of that maybelline colour tattoo eyeshadow. I think the maybelline works better as a base than primers and when I use it as a base I don't get creases in my makeup either, which is a huge problem for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Emdelgatto

I love this set! It made my fall in love with the Stila line. A lot of complaints seem to be about the colors being muted or fall out. I love that the colors are neutral, that's the point of this set. I also never get fallout, but I always use UD primer. So maybe that is why. The set also comes with a great smudge stick.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by funfunfun123

This palette is great for someone who loves neutrals. I don't really wear a lot of makeup, and if I do, I prefer a look that's very natural and not over the top. The eyeshadows in this palette are pigmented and such wearable colours. For an easy look, I'd run the matte cream colour all over the lid, the brown through my crease and use the black as an eyeliner through my lashline. It also comes with a handy pamphlet on some simple looks and ideas for eye looks. The mirror inside is a great size for travelling, but the cardboard definitely be more sturdier. I would use the brown eyeliner that comes with the palette, but it doesn't twist up, so that's a bummer, but overall, it's a great product!