Stila In The Light Palette

4.2

on 4/14/2015 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

One of my favourite eyeshadow palettes!

The colours are phenomenal and all of the shadows are so buttery! They are all so pigmented and although I haven't tried it this way, can be used wet without disturbing the eyeshadow. Sandstone is my all-time favourite crease shade!

$52 AUD is pretty good for a high end palette in Australia, and it's well worth the money! And the stay all day mechanical liner is a nice perk, but I'm pretty sure mine is broken as it dowsn't wind up / down.

The packaging just kills me though. Its pretty flimsy So it's kind of scary to travel with :/

10/10 would recommend besides the packaging downside though!

I was house sitting for a friend and she welcomed me to her vast collection of makeup. This pallet was the first one j was drawn too and wow am I impressed! The shimmery champagne is beautiful wet or dry and I can create so many looks with this one pallet. I will be purchasing my own Asap

on 3/25/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is such a nice palette! The colors are beautiful, versatile, highly pigmented, but they all have a bit of shimmer, so if you hate shimmer, you won't like this palette. I do love a bit of shimmer, even at my age. I'm young at heart! I love how this palette is perfect for creating a nice natural day look for work, or a vampy vixen look for nights out. I think they're probably discontinuing this palette though, because it's in the sale section online, and no longer at my Ulta. I think I paid around 30 or 35 bucks for mine, and at the time I though it was a steal with the liner included and such pretty colors! I love " night sky", " gilded gold" " kitten" and "sunset" so much. Also sandstone could possibly be used for a eyebrow liner if you need one, and ebony is so pretty if you're doing the smokey eye.

Also I love how this palette has a big mirror on the inside, which is unlike the Too Faced palettes with similar colors.

on 3/8/2015 4:39:00 PM

I have not stopped wearing these eyeshadows since receiving this package in the mail a few weeks ago. Stila in the Light is absolutely beautiful and I'm thrilled with the quality of the eyeshadows. The colours are gorgeous, it's got great colour payoff and no fallout. The difference in quality between this palette and others that I have is marked - even for some of my expensive ones such a napolean and Estée Lauder. Stila blows them all out of the water.

on 2/15/2015 11:12:00 PM

I love this so much. Kitten has always been a favorite and all the colors blend together very well. Very pigmented. I got mine for $20 on the Stila website in their sale section!

The gold shade bubbly did break already which was a huge bummer for me but that's the only problem I have with the eye shadows. I wish the packaging wasn't so flimsy. The rose gold color is pretty, but no cardboard please!

Definitely nice neutral colors great for beginners and teens!

on 2/12/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this palette, it is so lovely. The title really is accurate because these eyeshadows do bring a luminosity and light to the eyes. There is a great range of shades and finishes from light to dark, warm to cool, shimmer to matte. But there is no doubt that all of the shades are ideal for creating shadows and highlights on the eye. I look like a fairy when I use this palette, especially when I pack the lighter shades into the tearduct. My favorite shades are "Kitten" and "Bubbly", which are both beautiful. The formula of these is also close to perfection. It is smooth, creamy, very pigmented, and there is no fallout. The one downside is that one of the shades "Gilded Gold" basically has no color and doesn't show up at all and "Luster" kind of has an odd finish (but is still nice). But other than that, I love it and think it would suit everyone. I recommend it fully.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this off of BeautyBay.com for roughly $40 with free shipping. This palette is absolutely amazing. The colours are so wearable and there is a mixture of light, medium and dark mattes and light, medium and dark shimmers. My favourite colour from this palette is "Kitten" which is the most beautiful light shimmery champagne colour. I actually expected a lot of fallout from these shadows but to my surprise there was little to no fallout, all the shades were buttery! And for $40 for that many eyeshadows, I think that's a very reasonable price. Love this palette.

on 10/10/2014 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Definitely my favorite makeup eye shadow palette. I first bought it after it being suggested by one of the SA's at Mecca Cosmetics. The earthy and natural colors such as bliss, sunset and sandstone means I can wear everyday without looking too dressed up!

I have also had two friends since purchase the pallet since trying my one! Only let down is it is quite pricey (with fairly cheap looking packaging), but compared to most higher end brands quite reasonable price to pay for what you get!

on 10/1/2014 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite palettes, the shades are absolutely gorgeous and it can be used to create such a multitude of looks.

TOP SHADES: Bliss makes a gorgeous transition colour, Kitten is my HG inner corner highlight, Bubbly is a beautiful gold that can be used swept lightly over the lid for a natural look or packed on heavily for something more dramatic.

My only gripe with this palette was that one of the shades (Gilded Gold) seems to have way less pigment than the others. While the other shades are buttery and easy to pick up with my brush I find myself digging at this colour and getting virtually no colour payoff. I think for a palette this price with such small pans this is a real shame, perhaps I got a dodgy one?

on 9/22/2014 5:27:00 AM

Looovee this palette, the shades are flawless and have amaaazing colour pay off, a bit pricey, but for the quality it's a price I happily paid. The only downfall to this palette was the smudge stick! Mine would not twist up at all and then it broke after I tried to twist it, really wouldn't recommend buying the smudgesticks.