Garnier Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/30/2014 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy Grail! Holy Grail! HOLY GRAIL!!!!! I used to slather conditioner of any kind all over my whole head including roots and would end up with thin, lifeless, greasy hair. I would switch to a lighter conditioner of any brand and would end up with super dry ends even if my scalp wasn't greasy. Enter this stuff, super thick! So thick that in fact it will make my scalp super greasy but works wonders when paired with my Redken Hair Cleansing Cream. I then only used this on my ends and in seconds can feel my hair soften and detangle like a dream while the fresh berry scent uplifts my senses. I use L'oreal Paris Everpure Sulphate-Free Volumizing Shampoo in combination with this and I never have any issue with this conditioner building up or being tacky/hard to wash out. Will repurchase for sure!

on 8/17/2014 4:29:00 PM

I swear I have to use so much of this stuff every time I shampoo my hair. No great results..

on 10/15/2013 10:14:00 PM

There are very few Garnier hair products that have worked for me, but I'll admit that I really, really like this conditioner. First of all, I love that it doesn't have that "Garnier smell" that every single Garnier product (even the skincare stuff) seems to have. This has a light, fruity, kind of berry scent that I really like.
I have long, bleached hair with damaged ends and oily roots. It's not easy to find a conditioner to moisturize and detangle my ends without weighing down my hair and making it feel greasy all over. The first time I used this, I thought there was no way it would work for me. This conditioner feels very thin when you're rubbing it into your hands and applying it to your hair. But it somehow magically manages to really coat the hair and sink in to really leave your hair soft and smooth. It rinses out well and doesn't leave my hair feeling waxy or coated. I don't know if it was the best thing ever for protecting my color, but I didn't notice any negative effects.
I like packaging like this for shampoos and conditioners, where the bottle stands up upside down, but sometimes it was tough to snap the lid open. Not a huge deal, but a little annoying at times.
I'm glad I gave this conditioner a chance and I will be picking it up again in the future! I'd recommend for anyone with damaged, colored hair that like more moisturizing conditioners.

on 5/9/2013 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This dried out my hair so badly. At first I thought it as my hair reacting to the dye but right after I switched conditioners my hair regained moisture and has not had any problems since then.

on 2/27/2013 4:33:00 PM

Really decent conditioner, very moisturizing. I don't like the matching shampoo...I usually use this after I clarify with Suave. Doesn't prevent color fade but it is a good conditioner.

on 12/30/2012 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this for a long road trip late spring. I had just gotten my hair colored at Aveda, which was pricey, so I want to preserve the color as long as possible. My hair typically gets brassy during summer, so I like this had UV protection. I love it !!! I always have a good hair day when I use this, makes my curly hair soft, thick, moisturized and easy to style. This is my top pick conditioner in my rotation of about 8 others I use. I have a few because I like different scents. I'm crazy that way. Long story short, it did make my hair color stay really strong for several months. Bought a back up today in fact.

on 12/19/2012 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I swear by this conditioner and I have never even colored my hair... its just THAT amazing! The smell and softness of my hair is what keeps me coming back. The first time I saw it I was at a friend's and all I smelt in the bathroom was the scent of this conditioner, it was so great that I actually went and BOUGHT it, and like I said I never colored my hair before! Trust me this stuff is AMAZING! Leaves your hair soft for a really long time, long enough where I dont even need to condition my hair for a few days after using it because my hair is still soft after multiple washes with just regular shampoo. It makes it perfect if youre on a budget but want a nice conditioner. It gets the job done beautifully, and lasts a while if you dont condition your hair every time you shower. My boyfriend even compliments me on how wonderful my hair smells while I didn't even get a chance to shower yet that day! hehe. I just buy the conditioner and use a basic cheap shampoo. Sooo worth it!

on 8/11/2012 8:22:00 PM

The conditioner is better than the shampoo by far...it actually made my hair decently soft and it did not make my hair brassy or anything (I have blonde and brunette hair...basically half and half/ blonde on top brunette on bottom)....The conditioner could have been better though in my opinion. Makes it a little easier for my hair to brush out after the shower and it actually did not make my color fade so that's good!

on 4/26/2012 11:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

DANDRUFF, DANDRUFF, AND MORE DANDRUFF. So I have no idea whether it is the shampoo or conditioner or both that causes me dandruff cause I use em both at the same time duh. I don't have dandruff prone hair at all, this is like a product to a pimple-free person that causes them acne. It isn't good but it isn't terrible either considering it doesn't dry out my hair or leave it oily and the smell is wonderfully amazing. However it just isn't enough to outweigh the dandruff problem. I can't stand it.

on 4/9/2012 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have full-head color and highlights and I use this in conjunction with the matching shampoo. My color doesn't fade, my hair is clean but not stripped, and it's a fantastic price. My stylist told me to keep using it, because it did a great job.

Highly recommended.